1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] 9IAR Champions Vs The Uglies - 17.10.20 - 12.30PM K/O

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by MagnificentSeven, Oct 4, 2020.

Discuss 9IAR Champions Vs The Uglies - 17.10.20 - 12.30PM K/O in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

A Neil Lennon team playing so meekly in a derby game is the most worrying thing for me.

Losing is one thing, doing it so passively is another thing altogether. I can abide losing the odd game (even against those mutants) but losing with no fight whatsoever? Not on.

Some serious soul searching needed this week.

2. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    That, for me, is a clear sign something isn't right.

Too many of the players who were outstanding under Rodgers, have been * under Lennon.

It's unforgiveable for players not to give their all whilst being paid by the club, but there is an obvious mental issue here.

Jordan MacGregor and Artorias like this.
  3. ddub11

Would love lenny to stick griff and eddie up front and build the team around them two,providing the ammunition for them to destroy teams.

I really think they could work well together and this would put teams on the back foot straight away,however it seems lennys happy to start one up front and only change it when we are struggling.

Delivery man and Artorias like this.
  4. WhitleyCelt

This big grand wake up call pish can go take a * to itself. Last December when we won the cup I said we canny play any worse than that against that lot. Then we get beat 2-1 at the end of the month and IMO that performance was just as bad if not worse. I said again surely it can’t get any worse, then that pile of * happened yesterday. That is the worsed I have ever seen us play in one of these games. These players are paid handsomely. We pay our ST money so they put 100% in every week. Once again they thought they could just show up and win like they have been doing all season. Lennon obviously has nae baws because if I was in that dressing room chairs and * bottles would be getting launched, every Celtic fan is so frustrated, if he’s this big Celtic man why is he happy to sit with his arms folded and watch us get pumped and not do a thing about it? Is he trying to prove a point again like that * about playing a midfielder upfront again? If players are downing tools then the fans have a right to know. Especially when this seasons ST investment was largely done on goodwill due to the ongoing circumstances!!

So far we have scraped by the majority of games. I don’t recall one memorable home performance other than flag day. That is not acceptable. I don’t give a * if it sounds like we should be entitled to win, no we shouldn’t but we should be entitled to our players putting in 100%. That second goal Ntcham who thinks he’s an English PL player got walked passed of a bang average ex Dundee dud who wouldn’t get near the Celtic team.

This pish needs fixed ASAP. Biggest budget, Best Players and the biggest club in the league yet it looked like we were a bang average league 1 side. If internal politics is affecting the squad then that is Not acceptable and needs sorted higher up than Lennon.

As mentioned elsewhere on here, if Lennon can’t bring the squad together then it has to be tattle bye. IMO there’s a manager sitting in the stands who is currently doing Celtic TV and is good enough to come in and tactically win these battles even to the end of the season whenever that may be. The resources are there, Bring it together and use it effectively before it’s too late!!

5. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

6. john2061

Lennon and the players are lucky there wasn't 60,000 in the stadium yesterday as they would be massive booing and a crowd outside waiting for them .
    Unacceptable performance from the players it's been going on for months now and needs sorted quickly and starting at the weekend with the sheep.
    We can't afford anymore slip ups and the players must know how important this season is to the fans and if there's some sort of problem with the players and manager get it * sorted .

G_portillo and Artorias like this.
  7. DonnyCelt

Look at the away games the huns have had this season so far. Draws to both Livingston and Hibs. Only beat a strikerless sheep side 1-0. Motherwell game was practically handed to them with some very dodgy decisions.

They were there for the taking tbh and we made them have pretty much their easiest game of the season. Shocking

Artorias likes this.
  8. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Throughout the game I was thinking "they are there for the taking here" it would have taken pro active management though and a shake up that Lennon just never did. This * game is haunting me, cannae stop thinking about it. Really thankful we don't have an international break now, that would be unbearable.

Jordan MacGregor likes this.
  9. Bernie Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song ... There can be only one !
    Still struggling with this result...

Taviener.... they wanted him punted.
    Helander .... slower than treacle
    Davis..... gets today off as its pension day
    Arfield...... seriously ?
    Kamara...£50k dud from Dundee
    Morelos...... they couldn't give him away and still never scored against us.
    Jack.....scottish international only on bench
    Hagi.... european superstar only made the bench.
    Slippy G..... rookie manger who's team has out thought and outplayed us in the last 3 meetings.

That lot came to Celtic park and played us off the pitch. We had 1 corner and no shots on goal for 90mins. Don't pin anything they say to the dressing room wall. Show Lenny that and tell him that's what he will be remembered for...

Embarrassing.....doesnt cover it.

Artorias likes this.
  10. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Morelos who cant score against us slapping broony around the head. Basically took the * out us the entire game. * distraught over the game and iv been trying not to post to much until it "settles"

The actual only shining light is that greeting faced * still hasnt scored against us. That's how far weve fallen.

#bringronnyback :fear:

11. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    It's the fact that the 3 times we actually got in behind their defence, each time their defenders showed how basic they really are.
    They get caught out and the hands go on the attackers and fouls get made, they can't defend for * if you actually have a go at them.
    Knew it for a year, knew it all season, we've been saying it a out every game we have seen them.
    Hibs proved it.

Yet we still went with one up top, a striker who I want to see get more game time, but clear as * day klimala is a player who needs a strike partner.
    We are going to ruin that lads time here as well.

Two up top and that backline was ours for the taking.
    Instead we done what we've done all season and shoehorned players in to positions and left the obvious fix on the bench.

No one is going to convince me that Griffith's was not ready to at least have played the first half, if not 60 minutes.
    Not a chance that lad wasn't fit enough for it.
    Off the bench twice in the past 3-4 weeks, played a bounce game and a fortnight off to fully recoup.
    Guy was * ready.

Diego was ready and he hadn't kicked a ball since July.
    * off if you tell me Griffith's wasn't ready when he was getting bench appearances 3 weeks ago.

The Huns are a drilled team and they play ONE style of football, something us and every other club * knows.

Yet still we show up over the weekend and hand them the advantage.

This season won't be called early till at least the end of February, if it indeed would be completed early.
    But by * we can not be giving them these little advantages.

Lennon, * off, or at least wake the * up.
    It's one thing being stubborn when you can see the slow progress. But you've now got tens of thousands of fans telling you it's wrong. * deal with it.

This isn't a small minority gripe, this is a large majority.

He's lucky there is no fans in the grounds because he'd have been boo'd out the stadium at least twice by now this season, and we are only 13 games in to it.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

charlietully and Artorias like this.
  12. Jordan MacGregor

Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Only twice?

johnboy19 likes this.
  13. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I was being nice.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

johnboy19 likes this.
  14. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Its difficult to come to understand how an inferior group of players are doing this to us now. What should have been 2 convicing wins for them in the final and on Saturday. In between game where they got the better of us at parkhead for the 1st time in years.

They're a team far far greater than the sum of their parts. While we have become the opposite, a group of individuals relying on individual quality to pull us through games.

That's down to the management teams sadly. Either lennon is woefully out of his depth or gerrard isn't getting the credit we need to give him.
    thankfully if the board are proactive and honest we can only get better with the right management team (if there isn't a positive reaction in the next 4 domestic games). While they are as good as they can get atm and effectively only a point ahead.

15. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    I think what rubbed salt in the wounds on Sat, was Ivan Toney getting a couple of goals.

Ajeti might prove good player and i think he will. But we signed him later in the window that we hoped espically considering he was so unfit

G_portillo likes this.
  16. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    Kamara is not a 50k dud from Dundee. If thats the case Agathe was a 50k dud from hibs.

Kamara outshone our 4.5m player Ntcham, who some people wanted 15m plus for.
    The reality is hes outshone him all season.

Sevco have a system they play, regulary in Europe come up against better starting elevens.
    But that system is instilled on the players, some can drop out and others come in but its still effective.

Us on the other hand regulary come up against inferior opposition in europe and havent the system and set up to combat that.

We have been spoiled in years gone by through the world class strikers in Dembele and Eddie, when they are gone or not available or off form we struggle.

Im not saying lennon has to go, but we need to look at getting a clear way of playing that the players buy into and understand.

It looked like we threw 11 players together for the first time.

No way should we ever play the glasgow derby with 5 players starting making their debut in the fixture

17. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    “We have been here a load of times before and have a load of experience. We are by no means out of it. We have guys in the changing room who have just lost their first derby and it’s a horrific experience. For the rest of us, it’s that same feeling.

“It’s up to the experienced boys, manager and backroom staff to get around them and stick together,” McGregor added. “We all have to accept the responsibility when we don’t play well.

“Internally we have to sort a few things and then we kick on.
    We really need to put our foot to the floor and the good thing is we have a massive game on Thursday to get up and running again. Then a big run of fixtures.

“These games are massive, but they probably don’t define the title for you. We just need to draw on our experience and hopefully by the end of the season we’re standing with another title.”

The empty stands at Celtic Park for a game against any Rangers club was totally unique and was always going wipe out the home advantage that exists in these games when the home support can play a huge role in unsettling the visitors.

An excerpt from an interview with Calum McGregor ,

18. honda Gold Member Gold Member

What's this internal problem? A coherent fear to pass the ball forward? If you see the halfway line pass it back? He who plays pishest wins?

Sort it out.

19. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Until we proof it, absolutely sick of hearing we have better players than them ,And none of their players would get into our starting 11, that was definitely true last 4 seasons but on performances this season it isn’t True at all

It was never going to be the case that we constantly beat them 4-0,5-0,5-1 and 5-1 in games, always going to be that they started to get the upper hand
    It’s how we go forward now that matters as everyone has pointed out we need to go on some kind of a winning run now till Christmas, you could see when went on that winnin run pre Covid on every game our confidence grew and started blowing teams away, players and manager been here before they know what needs to be done

we were absolutely pish on Saturday, no point in making excuses, and it is worrying not 1 shot on target v in years of watching Celtic v rangers game s, they are far better than the last 4 years dross but they still aren’t a great rangers team media hype or not

I was never one for thinking 10 in a row was in the bag pish but with 28 league games to go and 3 more games v them, certainly not conceding anything either

20. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Looking back to the goals, our defensive marking has really cost us again.

Ajer allows Goldson to tuck in behind Mo on the defensive line and when the free kick is played he is allowed to continue his run in behind and is played on by Duffy, who despite not having a man
    (anticipated a deeper cross to the back post) begins to run back.
    Barkas could have reacted a lot better, but i blame Ajer for not being more physical and blocking Goldsons run, i dont care how. Block him, hold him, get in his face. He simply has to be more dominant and impose himself on Goldson.

the second goal is pretty criminal as they pass around us and only have one main threat in the box as Morelos has come deep to try and get involved in play.
    When the cross comes in, only Goldson (no idea why he is that high) represents a real threat.

Despite this, neither Duffy or Welsh is aware of Goldson who is unmarked. Duffy does well enough to block that first shot but the rebound falls favourably. Both are caught ball watching and neither have had a look to see where the danger is until its too late.

Its shades of Kents goal vs us last season and the other goals against AEK etc where a cross has come in and players havnt picked up the danger men.