1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    His analysis of games is what I find really concerning, because I don't think he's even talking * I think he genuinely believes it. Putting the loss down to two mistakes for their goals and elyounassi miss and appearing to ignore the level of tactical awareness and performance over months is really worrying.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

King of Kings likes this.
  2. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

GET HIM OOT SHARON

3. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    He gone yet

4. celtic warrior

Thing is, he's not wrong technically.

They won because of two jammy goals and GK who made no serious effort to put his body in the way of stopping them, they were utter *, but we were shiter still and for all of us that is real issue because as much as he may try to deflect from it subconsciously the truth is, he's responsible for the line up, the players, the tactics and its his decisions that cost us.

I love him, guy is a * hero at this club, a chiseled in stone legend and I will kill anyone who disagrees, but right now, this season, he's not the manager we need and his time away from us originally appears to have done him more harm than good mangerially.

I mean this is a guy who had no issue motivating players, he was close to a master at the skill. Now though, he looks likr he can barely motivate a * out of his *.

5. Sgt Neppers*

He's not a stupid man by any means and he'll be savvy enough to know how to work the hacks. But, you can only do that for so long, say a couple of games The way he's gone on about some games and the perfomances is embarrassing. To the point, the first time I listened to him since Ferencvaros was Saturday there. Makes him look like a novice. His agent and pals defending him on social is cringeworthy also.

6. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I think they were good.

There’s a bit of a contradiction in us saying we have a squad of players who are miles better, then watching those players get completely nullified, then saying the team that did that was *.

Ultimately, if we lined up against a team with better players than us (say AC Milan), away from home, and restricted them to 0 shots on goal, won by a 2 goal margin without really getting out of 2nd gear, we would all rightfully be delighted.
    You can get a team of poor players punching above their weight, or you can get a team of good players doing what’s expected, but you don’t really see * players, playing together as a * team, have any sort of success.

They’re a decent side, and had they really needed to score more on Saturday, I’m not so sure I would’ve bet against it happening.

Garrymac1888 and Sydneysider like this.
  7. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    I agree, I don't expect him to * players under bus or really tell the media what he's actually thinking but I don't think he's even trying to do that. I remember the game against Dundee United were we very nearly dropped points and ajeti came on and got one over the line and he was saying how fantastic we were and all the chances we created and how pleased he was with the performance . He must have been watching a different game to me because from when edoaurd hit the post early in first half we were completely toothless in attack after that

8. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    They are very well organised and they play to their strengths , but they are incredibly flakey and I expect the win at the weekend to really push them on now . They also have much favourable run of domestic fixtures to us over the Europa League group games. For me the weekend was such an opportunity missed because had we had a decent gameplan and performance and we beat them I think we could have seen a bit of an implosion for them mentally.

9. Sgt Neppers*

Any points dropped against Aberdeen and he's done for.

10. MattD

His supporters are as backward and neanderthal as his football is. Turning Celtic into a parochial small time club.

A luddite with no sense of progression. The club needs a revolution, not an evolution. He 'gets the club' is usually code word for the xenophobic that they don't want a modern forward thinking manager (which, lets face it, ain't coming from Scotland or Ireland or anywhere in the UK), scared of what a foreigner may bring.

freitassen likes this.
  11. Sydneysider

They have a squad of experienced professionals who are motivated, they dont see ibrox as a stepping stone to the EPL or La Liga, more importantly they actually relate to the ( replica) club and its fan base. Very average bunch of pros but giving 100% when it mattered.

Twisty, StevieBhoooy! and FATLAZYBHOY like this.
  12. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Nonsense. I simply don’t but into the idea that any managerial appointment should be based on nationality, regardless of wether that’s bias directed towards staying local or the same basis you’ve just demonstrated when you suggest bringing ‘a foreigner’ (any ‘foreigner’ will do apparently) in.

13. snoogins

Absolutely this, we need to look at how clubs elsewhere are doing things. We need a sporting director and a complete overhaul of our recruitment and youth setup.

We have amazing young players who come to our club and outside of wonderkids like Frimpong, they just stall their progression. The idea of a manager coming in and overhauling the staff etc is long gone. What we need are a vision and identity then build around that not have the guts ripped out of us every time a manager leaves or is * forbid sacked

14. green-yin

Heard we were in for training 2 hours early this morning. Hopefully we have a team meeting and get any behind the scenes problems sorted out cos theres definitely something going on between some players and the manager. Get it * sorted and get our season back on track.

15. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    100%. Whatever your views on Neil Lennon and there are quite rightly a huge range of views on here. However the post you have quoted is one of the most disgraceful I have ever seen on this site.

16. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Heard it from where exactly ?

17. green-yin

Guy on the group chat mate could be rubbish but passing it along anyway. After saturday i would like to think we would be in early and trying to clear the air and get problems sorted. Instead of in at the usual time and just carrying on as normal.

18. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Xenophobic Celtic fans :56: :56: :56: :56: :56:

Twisty and Sydneysider like this.
  19. limezer

If Lennon stays he’s got to sort out his back room staff bring back Mjallby for Kennedy and get someone who is better qualified than Strachans boy.

20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

It’s time we moved on from Lennon, Mjallby etc.

Hoping the next manager we get has zero connection to the club. It’s turning into an old boys club.