1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Your solutions

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by G_portillo, Oct 17, 2020.

Discuss Your solutions in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Stevie6767

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean South
    We need to get some organisation, get back the intensity we used to play with, get a formation and tactics that we stuck with and play players in their correct position.

More specifically I'd drop Barakas, and put in Bain then in January try and get Forster back (I dont care what went on previously, we might have actually got away with a draw yesterday if he was playing despite us being howling)

I'd cut our losses with nitcham, and only play players who are willing to give 100%.

Dip 'n' Swerve likes this.
  2. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Where do you start?

In times iof 'crisis' in football you go back to what you know and stick with it until things get going again. But what is that for Celtic right now? What is our best formation or best XI?

You could make an argument for sticking with the back 3, or for returning to a 4. You could say yesterday is our best midfield three, but you'd be right to argue that Christie should be back in, or that we should try and get our most creative midfielder Rogic going again, or that Turnbull deserves a chance. You could argue that Elyounnoussi is a quality player and we should be finding a place in the side for him, but how can we leave out of best player in Edouard? You could also argue that Ajeti has banged in goals when the chances have come along, but Griffiths always produces goals and formed a good understanding with Edouard last year.

We've got a quality array of options to pick from, but it's almost as if we have too many choices.

Stevie6767 and truedub1916 like this.
  3. Maestro 08

Aye, that was bizarre. Looked totally devoid of ideas. What was worse and the least u expect from him is some passion and motivation from the sidelines that looked missing as well. Sat arms folded, passively letting it drift along.

4. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I miss when he would sprint up the sidelines to celebrate goals, I miss him getting sent to the stands for standing up for his team. I miss the passion that filters into the players who fight tooth and nail for there manager. Now he just sits wondering what's for tea.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  5. fourleafclover

The game has moved onto much for Neil imo. His first spell he was up against Smith who probably believed in tactics as much as Neil does.

He doesnt know how to get the better of this Rangers team because it is going to take tactics to beat them.
    Like it or not either Gerrard or more likely Beale have got them drilled in a formation and style of play that suits their players. Some of their passing routines and quick one twos is actually pleasant to watch.
    They look like they know what they are doing. And most importantly they move the ball forward and are unpredictable at times.
    They look like a team that is being coached and a team that is playing for their manager.
    They also seem to recruit players to fit their style of play.

For me the writing was on the wall after one of the first interviews lennon done after re-joining. He said he would need to get used to all the new faces and what they do, bring to the team. He was talking about all the analysts and sport science guys etc.
    For me we came so far under rodgers. Not just out on the park but behind the scenes.
    He got us to where we should be. A professional modern day set up.
    Someone should of been employed that shared that vision and was willing to maintain and progress what he had started.
    Now for me we are just back to where we started.
    Ronny prob would of embraced rodgers work better.

We all knew this was coming as soon as we appointed him in the showers at hampden. Alot of fans prob expected to be at this point last season. And to be fair there was times.

Hopefully Neil can find something to turn this round . But i think we have downgraded and regressed to much in the management and coaching department.

Love the guy and will always appreciate what he has done and given the club. But performances are continually getting worse. That only ends one way eventually.

6. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Their wingbacks got further up the pitch then our strikers to be honest.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

7. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    ....................................... Bain

Frimpong/Elhamed... Jullien... Ajer....new LB

.............................Brown....McGregor
    ..................................... Christie
    Forrest.............................................. Edouard
    .................................... Griffiths

8. Sgt Neppers*

This all day long...sadly. have written and said this a few times. I don't what the tipping point would be as Lenny ain't walking away from his last big job in football, probably as a manager ever.

What will it take for Lawell to realise that he isn't up to the job. I fear we will limp on scraping past teams and until we're possibly 7 behind going in to a second game at the * pit. A fall from grace for a guy who.clearly loves the club but football ha progressed and so have we. We need to move on for everyones sake.

In the meantime, he needs players that can play a high tempo game. I would suggest giving Soro, Turnbull, Calmac and Christie a shot in the centre of the park and get 2 of (In a rotation) of Griff, Eddy and Ajeti up top.

9. Foley1888

There are so many issues right now which I don’t see us taking the appropriate action to resolve.

The bold option would be to replace Lenny and if we did you couldn’t argue with it. However, do you think that’s realistic? We didn’t even do so last year when we had months from his interim appointment to line someone up where despite winning we were poor in almost every game.

If we don’t replace the management then the group need to come together and take a good hard look at themselves. As a professional if you have any ounce of self respect, yesterday was embarrassing and had to hurt. So it now becomes what do you do about it?

Regardless of whether you want a move, want to earn a regular place in the team or keep your job as manager/coach you have to be saying to yourself you are better than that yesterday. Not laying a glove on a team who at best are around your level and more honestly a poorer group of individuals who are pulling in the same direction and are organised.

We definitely need to find a set up and style of play that everyone buys in to and get behind it. Constant chopping and changing and players getting shoehorned in out of position gets us exactly where we are! Out the CL and chasing the league already.

If this group don’t they can forget all they achieved to this point as they will not be remembered fondly should they give up the title in such a timid fashion.

Being honest as I write this the more I don’t see Lenny as the man to turn this around and I lean towards my preferred option which would be to go all out for someone like Ralph Rangnick.

Someone who has a track record of playing a high pressing, attacking style of football. Someone who has performed a host of roles at a club and knows what it takes to develop players and adopt a philosophy within a club. At the moment for me that is sorely missing but that is an even longer response.

Skelleto likes this.
  10. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

If you look at the next chunk of fixtures it is really worrying.

AC Milan at home
    Aberdeen away
    Lille away
    Aberdeen SCSF
    Sparta Prague at home
    Motherwell away
    Hibs away
    Sparta away
    AC Milan away

3 league ones are a must win now obviously. Just need to take it one game at a time and play our best players none of this usual * Lennon comes out with claiming players aren’t fit to start.

11. Smarty1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    joe ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    I think there’s a couple of players at least want out, and I’d tell them we need every ounce of their focus and energy to win the league this season and they can bolt if the transfer fees are met in June. We also have to be actively searching for replacements from now on.
    As for our options now, Eddy and Griff must start whenever available, we need to give Turnbull a chance and big Welsh did himself no harm yesterday. We also need to get away from the deathly slow build-up and our back 3 having 500 touches in each game!!

12. honda Gold Member Gold Member

If I was manager in training I'd make it a rule your not allowed to pass back once by the half just to focus them on finding the through ball and not the easy option.

Big els likes this.
  13. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

A new manager.

It's clear he doesn't have the players respect or support.

I'd have sacked him the moment he picked Ntcham for yesterday.

Edit...he lost my respect when he chucked Griffiths under the bridge for not being fit while putting about 2 stone on himself and sooking on that * he puts in his mouth.
    A leader leads by positive example.

14. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Not only during the last window, but throughout his whole tenure Lawell has made a series of decisions that have been costly from both a playing and financial perspective.
    Our strategy has been found constantly inept and Ajeti was signed too late to be ready for our biggest games. Its the same old story. Spending a lot of money doesnt mean doing it correctly or in a timely manner. If its not a striker, its a centre back. Then theres the argument about recruitment staff and who has appointed them. Coaching staff, etc.

in any case, Lawell made the decision to reappoint Lennon, and so if he is deemed no longer required, its another black mark on Lawell.

honda likes this.
  15. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Not remotely a smart idea at all.

Suggesting we may have got a draw yesterday only hypothetically covers over the cracks here. The team is completely devoid of any sort of intensity as you say - one of the few players in the team yesterday actually trying to spark some of that in to the game was funny enough the Keeper you want rid of.

16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    The board have a fundamental choice to make here - change manager, or stick with him.

If they stick with him after these few months, and we lose the league, they are going to massively regret it and the backlash will be unreal.
    If they change manager, accepting the anger and * that we are enduring, and we still lose the league, they can at least say they tried something. There will be some backlash as well, but honestly I think the feelings are rather accepted that Lennon is now the bigger risk and will be the bigger disaster for the board and the club going forward.
    Of course I hope we do not lose the league and either way we win it, but the risk factor for me seems a lot higher with Lennon at this stage than it would be if we chased after a competent manager with some experience.

The Prof likes this.
  17. wulliebad

When you shout about players not being happy at the club..sell them.
    Replace with players who want to be here and are hungry rather than stale and bored or only see the pound signs of the epl.
    stop playing players out of form or position because they are your bestie.
    play two striker up front,use ones who are not match fit,15 mins here 30 there, so we don't end up 15 games into season with only 1 match fit striker.
    when 352 is not working try something else.
    Sack the defence coach.
    Be honest in interviews and stop using the word brilliant.
    Invite MON and wee G strachan to lunch and listen to them.
    Phone steve g and ask him what the weaknesses in our team and take notes.

18. Stevie6767

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean South
    Barakas has looked, at best, average since he signed, the defence have no confidence in him, which is making them play even worse and I cant recall him making one particularly decent save, he has cost us goals(yesterday's being one) and I'm not really sure what you mean by him sparking some intensity.

Not for one second blaming him for us being a shambles, however hes costing us goals that a better keeper would not be and that should be addressed.

19. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    I'm actually quite glad its Aberdeen away next rather than st Mirren ar home or something. Might get some fight out them

King of Kings likes this.
  20. Foley1888

Given the lack of wide players we have available I would go

———————Barkas

Elhamed/—Julien/—-Ajer—-Laxalt/Taylor
    Frimpong Duffy

———————Soro/Brown

——Christie/Turnbull—CalMac

———————Rogic/Ely

———-Griffiths———Eddy/Ajeti

That would be my team to play Aberdeen at Pittodrie. Those to the right of the / are if the first name is unavailable due to injury or any other reason and would also be sub options.

Pearse67* likes this.