1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Is NL the Man for 10IAR?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by martin_d, Oct 17, 2020.

Discuss Is NL the Man for 10IAR? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    I know after today’s result there’s another thread discussing this topic, but I just wanted the chance to see some poll results on the question. (Feel free to merge threads, Mods).

So, do you think Neil can turn it around and should be given the season? Are you unsure but would like him to have the next few games? Or do you feel his time has come to an end?

jj81 likes this.
  2. jj81

Next few games he needs to be less stubborn, but now what I thought was stubbornness might not be and he just doesn't understand the formation doesn't work , surely he does.

Anyway , 5 games ( league ) max points and the performance has to be better

Start turnbull more , give soro time off bench

gazb1888 and martin_d like this.
  3. KingArtur'1

Naw...end of story. Close thread

seanm likes this.
  4. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
  5. Keano88

We can definitely win it with Lennon in the dugout but he isn’t getting the best out of the squad of players at his disposal and the football we’re being served up is dire to watch.

It’s also alarming that he’s now overseen 3 games in a row where we’ve looked the inferior side against them and he’s just sat there clueless on the bench looking angry rather than making tactical changes to affect the game.

Today wasn’t a surprise, to most Celtic fans, almost every game this season has been dire to watch with us struggling to create clear cut chances from open play. It feels like we’re winning games due to simply having better individuals and a stronger bench than the teams we play against rather than tactical genius from the dugout.

His use of the squad also isn’t good enough either which leaves us with squad players who are deemed not ‘match fit’ when called upon. I’ve also lost count of how many square pegs he’s stuck in round holes this season already when we’ve got players available on the bench that can play the position.

He’s not going to walk away or be sacked so he better get the * finger out.

Bobo_, murphy88, Rydo1888* and 4 others like this.
  6. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Must be night and day for the players(* forbid) playing under Rodgers to then playing under Lennon.

7. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

He should go now. He may well turn things around but can't see it personally and if we wait for things to improve and it doesn't then less time and games to try and sort things out with a new man at helm.

Although given the current board and the pandemic economy we will end up with Kennedy or Owen * coyle.

martin_d likes this.
  8. CountyDownFaithful

Ideally I’d like to see someone come in now that can make an instant impact. The squad is brilliant on paper, we just need someone to bring a clear identity to our play.

Realistically he isn’t going anywhere at the minute because the gap is only 1 point if we win our game in hand and it’s still early.

The board should be looking at potential options behind the scenes and pull the trigger if there isn’t any improvement in the next few games.

Eddie Howe is the first name that springs to mind.

9. apevrak

We've been a poor watch since the København matches last season. Since then we've struggled against Livi, Killie, St Mirren, Dundee United, Riga, Ferencvaros, Sarajevo and now the huns as the tip of the iceberg. All teams we would have blown out the water two seasons ago are now fancying their chances against us and some has knocked us on our *. The board will give Lenny the season to steady the ship, but I just can't see how he can turn the tide now.

gazb1888, Gully Sands and martin_d like this.
  10. joemc

I wish some would stop and think for a bit at times , the issues we are having are not just down to 1 thing , its mainly the weight of expectation , fear of failing cramping energy no fans and the world being upside down , so many things ,but wot we see is only 1 , we wer beaten by the better team and its hard to stomach , they have had this for so many years , we did before then , the worst thing we can do is panic and tear everything up , the fans and the club need to show we have the bottle and energy to match their hunger , we do the same * after defeat , sack manager , players board .
    We need to stay together on this , changing now will have the same we want to avoid , unsettling players and changes .
    Its been a * day take it on the chin and see wot the nxt game against them brings , if we are well beaten then we have problems .

Sean-the-tim likes this.
  11. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Unless there is drastic change, then I think whole season.

Thing is I love the guy but don't think he's the greatest of managers, he's like a Mourinho, seems to have a shelf life the it goes pear shaped.

He was the last manager to lose title, and could. Be the next.

Of all the managers we could pick. To achieve 10 I always wanted it to be him.

Huge downgrade on that * Rodgers though, that's the reality.

Here's hoping he is willing to change it up, but not sure if the team has lost it under him.

Easter Rd Davie likes this.
  12. murphy88

I think Lennon's time is up here. We have been dross since the start of the season, scraping wins against Dundee Utd and St. Johnstone only papered over the cracks. The result today has been on the cards. The manner of the defeat today suggests we need a change though, absolutely no fight whatsoever, and we have been outplayed and outfought that previous three games against that lot. The League Cup final being one of they games and I'm still not sure how we won that game.

I just don't see the same fire in the belly that Lennon had the first time round. He was exactly what we needed after Mowbray, and exactly who we needed after Rodgers left us in the *. I didn't think he was the right appointment on a permanent basis after Rodgers though. We needed someone to take us forward after Rodgers, but Lennon was a step backwards, no doubt about it. Today's shambles is enough for me. It's time to go. You have to wonder how much of an impact Damien Duff had on us, because since he has left, we haven't looked the same team going forward. If Lennon stays and is in charge this season, I don't think we win this league.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  13. Paul McAuley

Honestly everyone seen what would happen before a ball was kicked. From the baffling team selection to tactics and trudged performance. We’ve watched this movie to many times. Time for change.

seanm, gazb1888 and honda like this.
  14. honda Gold Member Gold Member

You know what made it worse? His comment "the subs made no difference as you can see they was not fit"

What does he do in training? Iv never seen a striker, even who's been out injured a year, then take so long to regain fitness as a non injured Griffiths is. That's down to the manager and his training.

gazb1888 likes this.
  15. Stevie6767

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean South
    I've always backed Lennon, but this season has been hard to Justify, he doesn't know his best formation, best team, and there doesn't seem to be much in way of tactics in, or out of possession.

He wont walk, or be sacked IMO, our only hope is he recognises the issue and sorts out his backroom staff and brings someone in who can actually help sort this shambles out (like Duff did last season) you just have to look across the city to realise it doesn't need to be a manager who shapes and sorts the tactics for the team

16. Maestro 08

He had his excuses ready to go quick fire. The cynical side of me thinks he almost plumped for picking the debutants and untried squad players so he had an excuse to fall back on instead of taking the risk on guys like Griff and Ajeti or changing the formation to suit what we had. I suspect if the stadium was packed out yesterday he would have had a pop at the fans for getting on the players backs as well.

Love Lenny and I'm for giving him more time but this season has been a bit of a * show from the start and he shoulders much of the blame. I don't like the cut of his jib right now at he needs to get the finger out pronto.

honda likes this.
  17. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I was saying no after the game and after seeing his interview he needs to go now.

seanm and gazb1888 like this.
  18. DonnyCelt

Simple answer NO. When we go a goal behind he sits in his chair looking clueless.

We are struggling under him against teams we should be hammering. Players don't look interested and in the most important season in a long time this is not acceptable.

And as others have said he's a massive downgrade on the rat Rodgers.

But, who would come in if we was to change?

19. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Just needs to get back to playing a simple 3-5-2, instead of 3-4-2-1..

And if it means there’s less game time for Elyonoussi and Ntcham then so be it..

We had 5 players yesterday who hadn't played that game before and it showed..

We’ve not really got going properly this season, but I’m sure when we get Ajeti, Edouard and Griff sharing the starting striking positions we’ll be very potent.

Britwell bhoy likes this.
  20. wanmadtim Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka - Brown - Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    The worrying thing for me is that the fire seems to have gone from Lennon, he looks totally dejected, not just yesterday on the bench but it previous games. I don't know if his apparent lack of enthusiasm is trickling through to the players or the performances of the players has effected him....Whatever it is he just doesn't seem 100%.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

CountyDownFaithful, seanm and honda like this.