1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] 9IAR Champions Vs The Uglies - 17.10.20 - 12.30PM K/O

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by MagnificentSeven, Oct 4, 2020.

Discuss 9IAR Champions Vs The Uglies - 17.10.20 - 12.30PM K/O in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Last season and the previous years results do have a bearing no doubt about it ( it is difficult for me as I deal in stats and it is not something you can put into figures) but they do. In terms of your second paragraph I think you are backing me up more than yourself. Yes we do have to improve, however the point the vast majority ignore on here is any of our competitors also have to maintain their records. It seems to be accepted that we can't drop any more points because the DOBs will win all their games. However that is not how it happens in the real world and I would be pretty confident between now and the end of the season they will drop more points than us.

jimbobers likes this.
  2. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Even this season the big "team" element we are ahead on is that they drop more points in the games outside of the "Glasgow Derby"

Doesn't help much today, however is a recurring fact.

3. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    If we haven't improved by January.

4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

No we’re not.

On paper, I’d agree we have a stronger squad. But in reality, that’s 3 games in a row they’ve outplayed us. We may have some better individuals, but they are more of a team right now. With a better system and set up.

If you were to make a combined XI then it wouldn’t be too one sided in favour of us.

King of Kings likes this.
  5. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I work with stats too fairly regularly, but I also work with probability. At best, you could say previous results have some psychological effect, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they are a positive for us.

I’m very confident they’ll drop points. I’m very confident we will too. I’m not confident they’ll drop more than us and I’m not confident we’ll get the better of the head to head games overall.

Basically our entire reason for having any confidence stems from the belief that a) we’ll improve significantly or b) they regress significantly. I haven’t seen a single improvement in our performances since this season began.

Officer Doofy likes this.
  6. Smarty1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    joe ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Spot on. Lenny wouldn’t have settled for that cowardly performance if he was on the park , so where is his passion when watching from the dug-out? We need another Brendan type incoming manager as the whole set-up from talent spotter to actual team formation has gone to pot. Finally, I think it was blatantly obvious Ajeti was nowhere near fit, yet he entered the fray before Griff and Turnbull has to be given a run in the team.

7. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    So probability wise how do you see who will be the SPFL Champions ? Or don't you have an opinion ?

8. joemc

I have watched them against teams in europe and found myself wondering why teams have fallen a few levels from wer they once wer , but over time I've had to concede they have a good system for teams who are willing to have a go , hence why they play well against us now , they built their tactics based on our league and how teams get joy against us by congesting space , pressing relentlessly, and countering well , if Kilmarnock and livingstones can get joy , then with better players you have even more of a chance .
    I think our management and players are stuck in a position of do we push up or drop deep and do the same to them .

King of Kings likes this.
  9. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

were playing with fear mate, not pressing afraid of other teams pace

i dont think it would take a good manager long to sort us and this team did play under lennon last season and the 4 months the end of the season before so iny opinion some or all have fallen out with the club manager e.t.c.

if they havent fell out with the manager then he has to go back to 4231 or something like it its the formation that has been ingrained in us for years and we are well used to playing and this squad is set up for it

we could still play 2 strikers in that formation at times just play 1 ahead of the other ajeti upfront edouard in behind him as i think eddie likes to play a bit with the ball anyway

10. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Personally, I think anyone looking at their performances in Europe and even domestically, and suggesting that they’re a poor side is demonstrating a bit of a head in the sand position.

They’re clearly a good side.

rickyroma25 and Officer Doofy like this.
  11. Ipswichbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    No creativity going forward, no one showing for the ball. That's why it's being passed around the centre backs when we do have possession. We need to get into gear soon before 10iar gets away from us

12. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I don’t have a strong opinion on it but certainly wouldn’t bet money on us at this point in time.

If we don’t improve significantly and quickly, we’ll likely be relying on them falling apart, and that is by no means guaranteed.

For what it’s worth I do believe we will improve, but it’s a belief that’s largely in the absence of any actual evidence I’ve seen.

13. joemc

However in our league many teams they play will be happy to sit deep and nullify meaning they will struggle at times and why they get a lot of penalties at 0 0 .

14. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    The worse performance ive seen against them i thought the cup against them last year was i was wrong

15. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Finally someone with a bit of sense. I hate it as much as anyone but it’s * vital to get that head out of that sand NOW.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

16. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    All you lot that slag Forrest off and Frimpong is the man fk you

17. jj81

Kinky *

Britwell bhoy likes this.
  18. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song: