1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] 9IAR Champions Vs The Uglies - 17.10.20 - 12.30PM K/O

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by MagnificentSeven, Oct 4, 2020.

Discuss 9IAR Champions Vs The Uglies - 17.10.20 - 12.30PM K/O in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Lennon ain’t going nowhere ffs.

Artorias likes this.
  2. Trequartista

Team selection can’t defend the soulless nature of our performance. If our manager, who’s played and managed in many of these games against both old and new Huns, can’t inspire anything more than that today then we are in for a long, long season.

ddub11 likes this.
  3. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    1 st Lager opened .. aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh thats better !!

4. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

I hope tae * it's no tennents ? :42:

5. dmac

The biggest thing that is so obvious is they play that way every week and yet we haven't worked out how to disrupt it . When we don't have the ball our midfield doesn't seem to have a shape to fall into or what to do regarding picking players up this is nothing new it has been going on for years. Every pundit spoke about the way they play and it looked today as if it was something we had never seen today that comes down to poor.game management and it needs to be addressed

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  6. DuffyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Petrov/Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    lonesome boatman
    didn't even see any fight, no players getting on each others back, spurring each other on or nothing. Passive pish, heeds down, huffing n puffing. thats a sure sign the squad are not at all happy, or have no belief in how they are being set up. It's * sickening.

Marky1967 likes this.
  7. limezer

We pass to directly or behind our wingers, we got to play the ball in front for them to run on to. Too many times they receive the ball and pass it back.
    Hate to say it but they were playing the ball in front of Tavernier and barasic giving them something to work with.

oh and I hope to * we aren’t starting zonal defending again because that’s how it looked, also what’s the problem with a man on the post or posts, we had our best defensive record with MON and he used men on the posts

8. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    We just look like a team that isn't gettin coached properly, you'd actually think we fielded 11 strangers.

MagicBallBhoy and Artorias like this.
  9. Foley1888

The fact our best attacking option in the game was when Ajer stepped out from CB says it all, it was the only time they looked panicked.

The fact the few times we showed any attacking intent we should have scored, griffiths through on goal Ely in first half when helander slide in last ditch he should should have got there first. The other one where Ely chipped it over the bar. The other one that got pulled back to Ely and he tried to take a touch should have been buried first time.

All show how poor a performance that was today, Duffy was schoolboy at the first goal and 3 guys had one man to mark for their 2nd and couldn’t manage.

Our performance was embarrassing we needed two goals and passed the ball about our three CB’s with no urgency whatsoever. How many times did we pass simple passes right out the park?

Being fair if you took Tavenier, Goldson, Kent and Morelos out their team you wouldn’t be left with much as that is effectively what we had with Elhamed, Julien, Christie and Eddy out of ours but the signs things ain’t right have been there for a while with us.

In these games they are often won early so starting Ajeti and Griff on the bench was a terrible idea. Ntcham wouldn’t play again for me that was last chance for him in my eyes and he got bossed by £50k Glen Kamara. McGregor 2nd half was as bad as I can remember him ever being.

Ely was the only one of our attacking players at least trying to create something why he came of first I will never know.

Easter Rd Davie likes this.
  10. scotsbhoy1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Never walk alone
    Where was Ntcham? Why did he not break a sweat??

Why is our team so easy to defend against!?

11. joemc

Yeh wot am trying to also say is the mental aspect of the 10 as opposed to the (title ) is having an affect on management and being transferred to players , fear of failing is hampering us creatively ,, we have everything to lose, they have everything to gain and have built momentum over the last year or so and have found a way to nullify our threats .

12. ddub11

Ntcham is rubbish,should never be allowed near the team,sadly he will start in our next game.

13. joemc

You don't beat good Italian teams home and away if you don't have a plan .

14. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Yes, seriously - it is absolutely factually correct to say it’s better to be top in October than 2nd.

Blind faith that it will all come good in the end does us no favours whatsoever. We have been terrible this season, and are showing absolutely no signs of turning that around.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  15. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    It is a fact that we are in a better position than we were last December. With that fact in mind blindly throwing the towel in at this point makes absolutely no sense at all.

16. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Great post. I think that you're right in everything you say here.

17. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Budweiser , pint can :lager:

The Prof likes this.
  18. MJ9 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Im talking about this season, not nearly a year ago.

19. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Last seasons results have absolutely no bearing on this season. This idea that we’ll win the league simply because we have a squad of players who are sued to winning the league, is a complete misnomer.

We’ll win the league is we improve significantly in terms of our ability as a team, our passing, our defending, our movement, our handling of set pieces, our fluidity, tactically etc. We absolutely won’t win it simply because we have previously.

I haven’t seen anyone on here throwing in the towel, but I’m absolutely certain that if we don’t improve significantly, and rather quickly, we’ll be left relying on them to capitulate, and hoping e can capitalise. There’s absolutely no guarantee that will happen.

20. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Disagree completely with the bolded.

Ultimately, on the balance of what we’ve seen this season so far, they either have better players than we’ve given them credit for or they’re a better team than we’ve given them credit for. They clearly aren’t a * team full of * players, when they just beat us without breaking sweat.

For me, we might marginally shade it player for player, but as a team they’re significantly better. They have a clear strategy, a playing style, with a team of eleven players all of whom know they’re role. They’re also very well drilling in terms of set pieces.

I genuinely can’t think of a single element of the ‘team’ aspect of football that we’re ahead in. We have a bigger squad, but I mean on a tactical level.

GuttleGob, joemc and Jeremie Frimpong like this.