1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Your solutions

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by G_portillo, Oct 17, 2020.

Discuss Your solutions in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Bin the 3-5-2 immediately.

It was contingent on a happy & focused Edouard playing in the form of his life and a fully fit Griffiths playing on the shoulder. We have neither now.

It's time to play a more balanced shape that suit our current personnel. We also need to have some sort of discernable playing style, to allow us to get players knowing their roles. Just now there doesn't appear to be one.

No team press, no locking out opponents in certain areas, no overlaps in attack, no invention. Tactically it's a complete mess at the moment.

Either the players are being asked to follow certain tasks and aren't doing so, therefore should be dropped; or they aren't being drilled on what's expected of them. Which is exactly how it looks at the moment.

2. CrocodeeDundile

If you're looking for a solution you need to first find the problem

What is the problem?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

3. Popes 11 Guest

Lennon was only a short term fix! Got the real deal from Lawwell and Co. Wrong decision for me should never have got the gig but has my backing until today.

honda likes this.
  4. shieldsybhoy

Have players fully fit - as awful as we played today, I genuinely believe we would have scored at least one if we had a fully fit/covid free squad (as much as people are taking the higher ground and explicitly saying they don't want to use it as an excuse).

Regardless of systems & tactics, endeavour and desire was the main difference between the two sides today. How do you instil that? We have seen all of our players on that pitch today show that at some point. Why didn't they today? Isn't that supposed to be Lennon's best attribute as a manager?

joemc likes this.
  5. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    A manager that doesn’t sit looking like he was beaten from the first minute to the last and a captain that looks interested, that would be a start.

To finish, having a squad that wants to attack instead of fire balls aimlessly from 40 yards to no one.

6. honda Gold Member Gold Member

My solution? Hope they * the bed again like after new year and we can continue beating the we diddie teams and pretend were good again.

The_Bhoy and Boruc17 like this.
  7. Popes 11 Guest

No exscuses for covid we had zero shots on goal until Griff come on, we had forwards on the field today to do that Ely * up big time . Look say no more enjoy the weekend bud.

8. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    What is the close scrutiny though?

We have barely played it. We’ve gone from a 4-5-1 to a 3-6-1 with a real 3-5-2 knot being used sparingly. For me, a system with Mo up top is simply not a 3-5-2.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  9. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    That is a matter of perception and everyone might give you a different answer.

10. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    There is a simple issue and that’s a manager not up to the job. Everything after that stems from him, lacklustre attitude, players don’t look interested, tactics and playing style are a disgrace.

Andybhoy93 and CrocodeeDundile like this.
  11. CrocodeeDundile

Well you started the thread, would it be OK if your reply to me there was the replies you got on the thread? It would be a bit pointless, no.

Anyway, to you OP, what is the problem that we need to find a solution to?

12. Sgt Neppers*

Succinct, brevity and on the * money!!!! Gerrard is very limited but clearly is happy to embrace support from other coaches and analysts. We did this with Rodgers and it worked a treat. Why have we gone back. I know BRtook l most of the his staff with him but why weren't they replaced.

Modern coaches, Klopp, Bielsa, Pep all embrace data and have large support networks in places at clubs. Boxers and Tennis players are the same despite being a largely solo career. They have everything covered. We don't. Lennon is reliant on talent. Which will only get you so far. Talent needs to be nurtured, trained, supported to see it grow and flourish.

Pearse67* likes this.
  13. Pearse67*

Go 4-4-2 diamond, bin brown, go with edouard and ajeti up top, give soro and turnbull games, bring rogic back in behind the strikers!

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  14. CrocodeeDundile

Oh where are you now, when we need you [​IMG]

Andybhoy93 likes this.
  15. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside

The manager for me.

16. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I would have them tomorrow.

Even if it was only till the end of season

Pearse67*, Sgt Neppers* and Noskeil like this.
  17. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Time we changed the formation and get back to basics with pressing cause we look like weve forgot how to do it.

18. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    so what do you think the issues are then?
    lack of motivation and urgency, no one player playing to near their best, lack of creativity and ideas on the ball, general sloppiness and poor use of the ball, lack of any real playing style, being lightweight and losing battles across the pitch..

19. CrocodeeDundile

If players can't be motivated to play v they * today, then I genuinely fear for our team. 3-5-2 works at times, it doesn't need to be set in stone that that's how we play though, surely we can change it up. Frimpong looks terrified to take a player on, all they did to nullify him was put Kamara a bit further wide any time he got the ball.

20. CrocodeeDundile

Elyounoussi isn't a striker and his chance in the first half showed that, so we need to stop playing him as one. Klimala up front doesn't work with Eddy, Christie or Elyounoussi. They all like to come from deep and the edge of the box/midfield becomes too crowded.

If Ajeti plays, we win