1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Your solutions

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by G_portillo, Oct 17, 2020.

Discuss Your solutions in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    How many times have we honestly tried a 3/5/2 though?

For me, we’ve seen plenty of the 3/6/1, but very little with two up top.

The_Bhoy and martin_d like this.
  2. James Gold Member Gold Member

Barkas
    Jullien Duffy Ajer
    Frimpong Brown Mcgreor Laxalt
    Christie
    Eddy Ajeti​

3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Get a manager who isn’t a tactical dinosaur.

The_Bhoy and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  4. DuffyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Petrov/Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    lonesome boatman
    The board need too act quickly and without sentiment in my opinion and replace the manager, but failing that there are severe problems behind the scenes right now, from players to staff... don't need to be a psychologist or a body language to see it. things are clearly wrong and failure to see that is a level a delusion i could only dream of having, having a decent record in the league so far against the poorest quality of teams the scottish league has had in decades proves nothing... Toiling against dross from malta and bosnia proves plenty.

5. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Yeah there’s some truth in that; however, the CB options we have at the moment in Duffy, Ajer and Jullien are content just to pass sideways and back.

I’m starting to think that playing with an extra player in defence at CB is just going to foster this sideways, abject playing style. The wingbacks don’t seem to know whether to stick or twist and are playing far too deep which is down to the manager.

6. CountyDownFaithful

New manager with a clear philosophy and style of play. Someone who can change a game when it’s not going the way you want it to.

Have a gut feeling that the player doesn’t respect Lennon and that is a recipe for disaster in a season like this.

We need someone to come in and galvanise this squad

7. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    We can add and subtract, we can talk tactics until the cows come home, the bottom line is that we need a new manager.

lennon11, martin_d and oh bhoy like this.
  8. Maestro 08

For a start we've got to ditch the 3-5-2 it has been majorly exposed.

Metrobhoy likes this.
  9. Chieftain

Fav Celtic Player:
    Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I think part of the problem is that Brown isn't going and looking it off the defence. He walks around with his back to them when they have the ball....it seems he's only there to do an off the ball defensive job. We need more than that from our sitting midfielder. I get nervous every time Brown gets the ball when he's getting pressed as he just isn't composed on the ball any more

rickyroma25 likes this.
  10. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Eddie Howe or Rafa

11. Maestro 08

3-5-2 is a defunct system these days imo. Every time I see a team play it I know there's going to be goals and most likely the team playing 3-5-2 will be on the losing side. Atalanta are probably the best exponents of it right now and every game they play has about 10 goals.

Edit: today Napoli 4 - 1 Atalanta. Wide open as per.

12. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    It's simply about fielding the correct team selection and like last season, I'm sure NL will get it right.

Having said that, I also believe there will be another national Lockdown come November (Government Planned) which will play a massive part on the season.

The next transfer window could also be massive.

Jullien, Ajer and Bitton

Elhamed and the new LB

Brown, McGregor and Christie
    Forrest Griffiths and Edouard

Get these players healthy and on the park and we'll win the League.

13. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    There are no defunct systems for me.

442 was defunct until Athletico had great success with it.

Ultimately, the best football I’ve seen is okay under Lennon came from a real 3-5-2 with two up top. The only change I’ve seen is make this season is a 4-5-1 to a 3-6-1.

14. Cringer67

Get a new manager in. The one shining light from this is that we are (hopefully) only 1pt behind them. Considering how woeful we’ve been this season, we shouldn’t waste this good fortune and continue as is. Because we won’t win the league as things stand. I genuinely have them as favourites now. No idea how it’s ever come to this.

15. Maestro 08

The fashion for 4-2-3-1 is kryptonite to 3-5-2. It exposes all of its weaknesses. We looked good with it last season for the small time we played it but we were rarely tested. Under close scrutiny it's majorly flawed.

16. john2061

The problem is the midfield each game we play sevco we are getting dominated and McGregor needs to play more forward as he's a danger outside the box and think we need two new midfielders at the centre of the pitch .
    Also we give sevco too much time on the ball and need to pressing them more .
    What was interesting stat today was our back three had more possession on the ball so passing it back to each other then a slow build up and not getting the ball through the pitch quick enough and the zombie players had plenty of time to be in their positions .

Foley1888 likes this.
  17. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    I agree with that as well.

But I think having Brown as a deeper midfielder is just reinforcing that we have too many defensive players content to play backwards/sideways passes.

It’s come to the point where McGregor was receiving the ball today and only had Elyonoussi and Klimala ahead of him because we had no one getting ahead of him.

We’re playing 3-5-2 but we essentially have 6 players sitting far too deep.

Chieftain likes this.
  18. Martybhoy53

A forward thinking manager who knows how to COACH a team. Lennon doesn't even have a plan A never mind a plan B. We need to stop buying olayers and then keep them on the bench. There is clearly something going on behind the scenes particularly when Lennon came out and accused players of wanting to leave. The situation cannot go on much longer. I don't give a toss about the EL. I am worried that it will be too late for things to change. .Lennon needs to pick a settled side and play a system that works because up until now the performances have been abject and today topped the lot.

19. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    At this stage, anyone.
    But nah, there is a list longer than I can rhyme off, for decent managers who we should be chasing

Marco Silva, van Bommel, Howe should all be getting sounded out.

I fear however the board have probably shot themselves in the foot by announcing they never looked at one single application last time around.
    Could have been merely a sound bite to show faith in Lennon, but it was stupid as * and could have turned everyone of the managers at that time off us in future - whoever they could be.

Rodgers is proof we can afford a certain calibre of manager.
    The above listed are not in that stratosphere as far as a wage is concerned, but everyone of them and more could walk in and get a performance out this squad better than we are currently seeing.

The jobs a piece of * for someone willing to actually do the job and not be a stubborn *, ala Lennon.

Some have mentioned a 442 and I'd be all for it. Two up top is sorely missed and been proven to be very very effective when we eventually do go two up top for an entire game.

The squad we have can adapt to a 442, 4232, 433 or a 352. Pretty much the four most common formations used.
    We have the players to play with a high press and to control the majority of our games, no doubt about it.
    But we don't have a manager who knows how to get it out of these players.

I'd happily spend £1.5-2million on a better calibre of a manager at this stage, than wait till January and trying to salvage the season with random purchases.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

20. Chieftain

Fav Celtic Player:
    Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Yep. It was McGregor Vs the Rangers midfield today. Brown and Ntcham- the game passed them by. Rangers were hungrier and pressed us as soon as we crossed the half way line. We need to replace Brown in these games but I can't see Lennon doing it.