1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] 9IAR Champions Vs The Uglies - 17.10.20 - 12.30PM K/O

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by MagnificentSeven, Oct 4, 2020.

Discuss 9IAR Champions Vs The Uglies - 17.10.20 - 12.30PM K/O in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

hes not soley the reason for our poor play this season and a 20 minute scott brown coming on late in the game gives you his all and it is his all! like the scott brown of old, although still not as fast, he isnt conserving energy because he has to play 90minutes every few days

its his exuberance and personality that improved us in that st johnsone game

King of Kings likes this.
  2. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Ultimately, being top in October is a lot better than being 2nd in October.

3. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

I agree about Griffiths. I had him in my preferred team if you check this thread.

greengrocer likes this.
  4. stevoEOS

Serious question. When should we start to panic?

5. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I hope so, but based on the way we’ve started the season I’m far from certain.

6. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Klamala seems to make his own goals or running onto the ball but he was picked today and we didn’t even set up to play to his strengths. * is the use in that?

7. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Seriously !?

Would have expected more balance from you. Ultimately it really isn't. The only thing that matters is being top at the end of the season.

8. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Totally. Klimala deserved to start imo and him and griff would have worked well

But my main opinion is throughout the squad we are severely lacking the mentality that for us to 8 in a row.
    Cant blame investment. Can question areas of strength for sure but we have invested heavily.
    Blame the manager? Buck stops at him but I do rate lenny as a manager. He started this journey and knew he would be here to finish it.
    But on current standards we will not go the distance.
    It's hard to maintain a certain level and expectation but for me there is something going on behind the scenes.
    Too often this season we have been left wanting performance wise.

It's all good putting 5 past ross county whilst playing bad but they are poor.
    We need to take a hard look at ourselves and ask why in the last 4 games rangers have not even needed to play great to beat us

Marky1967 likes this.
  9. ddub11

I agree with what your saying,however i think the performance today hurt more than the result.I think most of us accept we wont beat them every game but to play like that today is unacceptable,but im sure you agree with that.

However I will say this,you say we lost by being hampered from lack of options,from fitness and global situation,well its the same for all teams(hun included)and its no excuse for todays defeat.

We lost today because we played *,we had no shots on target(first time in 11 years according to sky)and they wanted it more and their defence kept us out.Dont think anybodys pressing the panic button,but we are playing poorly and it needs sorting quickly or we could find ourselves in trouble in out quest for 10.

The Prof likes this.
  10. Popes 11 Guest

I think that 10 is too much for Lennon on a plate, he's * it up for himself right now, just his inexperience the fact as a Celtic manager he's above all of us, he makes the decisions he hides his own going mistakes, he tells us how great that his under performing team is, and point being is that he's not liked in the dressing room just like at Hibs hence the * with the players.

Marky1967 likes this.
  11. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Well like the two posters who have quoted me beforehand, I will tell you that I haven't denied we were poor today or all season. I don't get why people are losing their * over a game that they were expected to win and we were severely hampered for - on top of the fact that they're playing with confidence and we have been sluggish.

It's October not May.

12. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Massive congratulations to Sevco for winning the league, the X Factor, Britain's Got Talent, Eurovision Song Contest, Strictly Come Dancing, I'm a Celebrity, The National Lottery, the Sunday Mail Crossword, and the Great British Bake Off, all on the one day.

What an achievement. What a club. What a riddy.

Levels

martin_d and Bonobhoy like this.
  13. Solidsnake

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    * disgusting today. Hang your heads in shame. Lennon has to go now

14. jj81

Only positive thing I'm clutching at is we have been here before and then went on a long winning run and upped the displays, let's hope its a rocket up the *.

15. Trequartista

Gerrard seems to have Lennon’s number. What makes it even more brutal is the fact that Lennon doesn’t seem to learn from past mistakes. They had a system and it worked to a tee. We had the square root of * all.

16. James Gold Member Gold Member

I thought Klimala would have been the last out the 4 strikers to start but to start him up top himself is madness

neilly1987 and martin_d like this.
  17. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Huns in the media desperately keen to make out we didn’t have a shot on target while at the same time praising McGregor for saving that Griffiths shot. :56:

‘Misplaced pass’ my backside.

18. joemc

We can't get away from the reality , yes they wer better and deserved the result , if lenny had a full squad would he have picked the team he did , we lost christie who along with edouard is our main threat , we have forrest out who also gets vital goals , we have jullien out who thrives in these games and causes them bother at set pieces , maybe playing for the (title) again would help the mental aspect the team and management have to deal with .

ddub11 likes this.
  19. MJ9 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    The thing that frustrates me is that I totally get we were missing players, but there was no passion and I don’t actually think it looked like there was a game plan. As much As I hate the huns, they have a structure and a team that rarely changes. They all know what’s expected of them. With us, I just don’t see it. I don’t see a plan A or a plan B and unfortunately, having superior players will let us scrape by * teams, but will see us found out against half decent or well organised teams. Major work needed here if we are to get the 10.

ddub11 likes this.
  20. stevoEOS

I don’t think it’s a case of people ‘losing their *’ at this game in isolation. It’s more to do with the fact that people including myself were expecting us to at least put up a fight today but we were so abject in our performance yet again only this time we got what we deserved for our efforts i.e. * all.