1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] 9IAR Champions Vs The Uglies - 17.10.20 - 12.30PM K/O

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by MagnificentSeven, Oct 4, 2020.

Discuss 9IAR Champions Vs The Uglies - 17.10.20 - 12.30PM K/O in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    The worrying thing is, the only reason they haven't pumped us yet is because Morelos has a mental block against us, wouldn't be excited to play them with Roofe starting.

2. stew37

To be honest I didn't have any of the confidence that some people had going into the game, regardless of how the virus affected the squad. As stated in an earlier thread I'd have preferred Ajeti and Klimala up front and Turnbull to start instead of Ntcham. Turnbull provides more energy and is more creative than Ntcham, who in my opinion really doesn't do it enough for us when he gets the chance. He has a lot of plaudits on here but I've never been majorly impressed by him.

I think Turnbull can be an excellent player for us for many years, whenever NL decides to give him a run. I think Moi is excellent, but not in the position he was in today.

Cal was decent first half, second half, like everyone else, he wasn't at it. Only players in danger of pass marks for me were him, Brown, and Welsh and Laxalt given the circumstances.

The lack of ideas up front coupled with the lack of fight and desire is a concern to me. I take the point of how things have gone previously, and how leagues aren't won in October, but we really need to buck up our ideas and I'm afraid I don't think NL is the man to take us forward anymore. I'll happily eat my words if things remain the same and he proves me wrong.

3. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Don’t think I am, facts are you made an assumption that I wasn’t slating Lennon for today. So why comment when it made no sense at all.

Lennon is not good enough I know that, so what is your point with your reply? Cause the * do I know why you even commented on my original post?

4. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

As in the huns were from Macedonia or something and it was us by them to make the CL, how would you feel?

5. joemc

Spot on and honest assessment , brown was not the problem .

Metrobhoy and King of Kings like this.
  6. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Sorry mate....11 games in and we have looked like our usual selves.......maybe 3 times.
    Even putting 5 past county we weren't on the ball.

The core of this side have been out fought....not even outplayed. Out fought. By not a great rangers team and that is the crux of the matter.
    Last 3 times we have played them we have had more of the ball and did the square root of * all and if you can't get yourself psyched up against this shower? Then you need to have a serious word.
    Lenny more than anyone knows what it means.
    I cant accept 6 players out etc as I do not believe if we had Forrest or eddie it would have mattered.

7. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I actually think the personnel is a bit of a red herring.

They’re a better team than we are. They defend better, they’re more dangerous from set pieces, more assured in possession, more creative, more fluid, pass the ball better, know their role better....

You can have the best players in the world, but if you don’t get them doing the above to a decent level then the team will always struggle. They’re simply far better coached than we are at this point in time.

Cerand Bhoy, stew37 and The Prof like this.
  8. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    If an unknown side had just done that to us then I would be impressed by them, no doubt about it. They beat us very, very easily.

I’m not someone who thinks they’re a poor side though. Their results in Europe aren’t just luck when they happen so frequently. They’re a good side and clearly better than us just now.

9. Cerand Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott McDonald
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Way
    Spot on !!!

10. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    You obviously don't remember us being way behind rangers in 2011 and we turned it around by Christmas.

11. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

Frimpong got no help from Ntcham today, Klimala isn't good enough to lead the line. Mo is not a striker. Lenny should have started Ajeti and Griff. Felt the game passed Brown by a bit today, Turnbull should have started.

Our backroom staff aren't upto the job. Kennedy is no Mjalby and Strachan isn't his dad or Parker for that matter and that's where Lenny's problem lies, he doesn't have competent people around him like in his first stint.

Love Lenny for his service to the club but his time is up.

neilly1987 likes this.
  12. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Is it a case of missing Damien Duff I the coaching side of things?

Easter Rd Davie likes this.
  13. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    They played better in that win at Celtic Park though. Its undeniable. They are performing in europe also. We are not.

We still had talent to choose from. Most of that team that played today are league winners, or have experienced domestic successes of some description. We offered nothing, no shot on target of note. That team was deemed strong enough by Lennon to leave Griffiths, Rogic, Ajeti on the bench.
    The standards have slipped alarmingly in a short period of time.

we need a settled formation and starting 11 (even before covid we didnt have that). We need more ideas in possession. We need to add proven quality to the team.
    Do you not think that things need ro change or are you happy to see things continue as they have for the past 12 or so months? Do you think we are better than we are last season?

14. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    With the exception of Accies and Hibs at home we've been poor since the season started. We've been papering over the cracks, grinding out results or nicking late winners but there can be no doubt now that we are really struggling. Watching us today was like watching a past-it boxer whose legs and reflexes have gone getting the run-around from a younger man. As much as I like and respect Neil Lennon he is getting too much wrong. We aren't comfortable with 3-5-2 yet he won't change it, he is regularly making bad team selections and keeping faith with players whose form does not merit it, our defending both individually and as a team is abysmal and has been for a while with no sign of improvement, the majority of the players have neither the physique or desire to compete in a physical battle and the other teams in the league have recognised this, our play is often slow and conservative, endlessly passing the ball sideways or from one CB to another and back again, we also have little variation in our tactics. The players don't have good body-language at the minute, even in games we've won, they just don't look like a happy group on the whole. I hope for all our sake's Lenny can turn this around but the signs aren't good. Maybe he needs to find some of that fire and anger from his early days in management because this team needs a serious jolt.

15. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

They aren't better than us tbh. Player by player you wouldn't have any one of them over ours , but why do they keep beating us.

16. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    Im not that worried, I was more worried when we lost the Christmas game last season to be honest. Fact is we're only 11 ganes in.

17. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    The wheels were beginning to come off their bus then to be fair. Last 8 seasons then.
    As pedantic as you want to be, what we are witnessing now is far from any acceptable standard.

18. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    * team selection and the performance was pathetic.

Metrobhoy likes this.
  19. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    A football team isn’t just the sun of its parts. They’re a better team than us.

In terms of individual players, I would say their entire back line, keeper, and Kent would be all possibly start for us.

20. fourleafclover

They are better coached and managed comapred to us . Clear to see
    They have a plan.
    Not saying thats all down to Gerrard. Looks like that beale is the brains but they have some1 in their dugot that knows what they are doing. Doesnt look like we have that.

Team is very predictable. All they had to do today was double up on Frimpong. Was as simple as that .
    We had no way of effectively playing out.

So many passes going back or side ways. Even when we were in their half. Always back.
    While on the other hand they are always looking for penetrating/forward pass.

They look like they have recruited better. Not exactly better individual players but players that are suited to the style and formation that they have set up for and are coaching the team in how to play.

I also couldnt tell you what their strongest midfield is. They seem to change it that often. Thst creates competition.

We sit with 3 or so midfielders on our bench every week that must know they will never play unless its desperate times.

Imo i would change the management team straight away. We cant keep on relying on them to continue to bottle it.

We should be winning it by ourselfs . And it looks less and less likely that will be happening under Lennon.

Positives today is young welsh. Aprat from diving in once in the 2nd half thought he done decent in the circumstances.

Duffy for me looks like a defender that is designed for a backs to the wall relegation team that sit as deep as they can and clear everything that comes in the box.

Hopefully players can pick it a d go on a run. Things will need to change tho. This is not a 1 off this season.
    Been building up to this point as each game goes by .