1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] 9IAR Champions Vs The Uglies - 17.10.20 - 12.30PM K/O

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by MagnificentSeven, Oct 4, 2020.

Discuss 9IAR Champions Vs The Uglies - 17.10.20 - 12.30PM K/O in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Dunno if this is the place, but
    Say we got drawn against that lineup in CL playoff for random team, how would you feel?

2. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Surely you must be worried?

Honestly, with regards to our chances of winning the league this season, our previous efforts mean close to nothing. All this talk about us knowing how to win the league is birthday caird pish. Nothing more than a nice sound byte.

You want to win a league then you better pass well, defend properly and know your strongest XI. Right now we do none of that. Grinding out a win when the going is tough is indicative of a very good side, but those grinding victories becoming the norm is indicative of a side in regression.

greengrocer and seanm like this.
  3. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Not sure about the lineup question, but if a team played against us as we did today I would assume they weren’t up to much, we’re poorly coached, and would soon forget about them.

MagicBallBhoy and seanm like this.
  4. section4

It doesn’t matter how good your players are if they don’t try hard enough
    It’s drive that’s makes you succeed not ability
    There was no drive today from either the manager or players

5. seanm

we can argue till the proverbial cows come home.main take from today was not one shot on target at home to the huns.HH

neilly1987 and greengrocer like this.
  6. seanm

exactly mate.HH

7. Hope N Ur Heart

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone followed closely by Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Them all!!
    No structure

seanm likes this.
  8. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Just on a side note, ten in a row is a massive elephant in the room. As historic and impressive it is, it really doesn't mean as much as people have attributed to it.
    Okay, it's the best they've played against us bar the cup final as I said. I'm not interested in how they play against anyone else because they are if no interest to me.

When did I say they were barcelona? You didn't answer my question either is sacking Lennon going to benefit us in the title race?

9. muffitO'tea

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Missed the game during to work. 2 nil is bad enough but it's absolutely horrendous to not have a shot on target.
    If this Celtic team win 10 in a row I'll be shocked.

10. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Ely shouldn't have partnered klimala. That is for sure.

And if we are going to play that formation we need to be quicker. It is a very attacking formation and there were a few bad choices in players decision making going forward.
    Nerves? Na not buying it. Just looked like they had to show up and be paid.

I feel even a 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 diamond or whatever would have seen us over run.

You need to show up In these games and we have lacked that for a year now.
    I can take a defeat if you can see the effort from both sides and the better side won.
    But if you are gifting your opponent the chance to boss you? Na can't handle that.

After 35 mins today I knew in the back of mind it was done.
    Had opportunities going forward and always made a short pass or the wrong pass
    Complete lack of awareness and team spirit.
    Which Imo is the unforgivable part

Easter Rd Davie likes this.
  11. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Dont think we have been this poor in any of those 9. This is a sustained run of poor performances.

greengrocer and stew37 like this.
  12. joemc

Its down to hunger and playing as a team , every time one of their players came back to recieve the ball another would move into the space over lapping him and pulling us all over the park ,it allowed the player to dummy the pass and let it carry to the overlapping player and bypass our covering player , they pressed us with more energy and kept it going , they look fitter and sharper , its hard to watch and take , desire and hunger play a big part and its never been lacking in lenny teams until now .

13. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Unfortunately they didn’t need to be Barcelona. They didn’t even need to be at their best, imo.

They beat us without getting out of second gear. That’s the reality of it.

14. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    But they have, they beat us at Celtic Park last December too? Clearly they are capable of a lot better, the fact that the didnt need to get out of second gear to beat us is unacceptable.

I never mentioned sacking Lennon. But changes need to be made. The current set up isnt working. Its not good wnough on the park and none of our players are playing to their potential or best. We dont know our best XI, or our best formation. Our players are not playing either. This is supposed to be one of the most important seasons in recent history and the performance levels are not near an acceptable level.

15. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    The cup final was bad to look at. But when. You play mikey Johnston up front it wont do much
    As soon as eddie came on it was a different story.

But this season I don't even think eddie would have made much of a difference

It makes me sad.

16. s'escocès!

We're trying to scrape towards the finish line of ten in a row, afraid to make any radical changes that might derail a season. Unfortunately this makes us stale and predictable.
    I hope we can make our better overall squad count in the long run and win the league but next year I would love to see a few risks taken even if it means chancing the league.

joemc likes this.
  17. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Was it not Morgan that played up top in the cup final?
    Either way, its shocking.

If we are all being honest, Eddie hasnt been near it this season so far either. I dont know if he would have made a difference.

18. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

It's October and it's the first time we've played them - with 6 players out who could have played and as you say we aren't in our best form. For the Huns to win (as I said, we were better in the 1-2 game last season but lost) as easy as they did isn't as surprising considering they had a full squad to choose from and are playing their best football in years.

What exactly needs to change then? I'm sure Lennon is in a better position to answer that question than anyone in here.

19. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aye sorry. Was Morgan

20. lazyregula

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing!
    At least if we win this game in hand the gap is only 1 point. This won't define who wins league and hopefully it means Lenny will makes changes as we need them not after 60 odd minutes off *