1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Time to go?!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Pearse67*, Oct 17, 2020.

Discuss Time to go?! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Agree. I’d have Howe in a heartbeat

Dublin Celt and ciaran72 like this.
  2. Sgt Neppers*

It's been 3 games against that mob and we've been awful in all of them. We have laboured on this season, players not "match fit", playing a ridiculous formation of 3-5-1-1 With zero system, plan or shape. Gaping holes in between midfield and defence and this is after 18months. I would expect this at the beginning of a manager's tenure.

So after 18months, why would you think he's the right man to sort it, when he doesn't see the issues in the first place.

We can't defend him because of past glories. This is football. It evolves constantly yet Lennon hasn't and won't.

3. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    That’s precisely what we said after Ferencvaros.

bhoy81, Raoul Duke and freitassen like this.
  4. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    I genuinely think he isn’t quite sure, and that’s what’s genuinely worrying me.

5. Popes 11 Guest

Unnceptable from Lennon, his heads gone body language him and the team no energy no commitment,
    Hibs got shot of him due to dressing room issues and he ended up back here for the season and we all got behind him.
    Thing is for me why was he given the managers job full time, based on what?

6. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    The fact you say “has been” and not “is” kind of sums it up mate. After Rodgers we should have been doing all we could to keep moving forwards, but instead we went backwards.

Peej likes this.
  7. freitassen

Being a cheap, readily available manager that knows he will never be getting a good gig elsewhere and therefore will never make demands and clash with the board.

Venomspawn82 and Popes 11 like this.
  8. ddub11

Mate i agree,we have been poor lately and today we were punished for it.
    And yet lenny seems unable to fix it and its worrying for games that lie ahead.

9. Lewis Kerr

The warning signs have been there for over a year now

Except for one game we've been dominated and outclassed tactically in the last FIVE vs the huns (yes I'm including the final we won)

I was livid after Copenhagen last season, but the huns arses collapsed and we got our * together, domestically.

This season has been an abomination from start to finish. He should've went after Ferencvaros, he absolutely must go now.

10. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Here's the thing, if he stays I do think we'll still win the league, but I still want him gone.

We are regressing at an alarming rate, the 2016/2017 squad would annihilate our current squad, and by this time next year Christie, Ntcham, Edouard, Laxalt, Elyounoussi, Ajer, Duffy will be gone, brown will either retire or take up a squad role.

We might win the league this year, but we're almost at the levels we were at under Deila. Changes need to happen now, but obviously hes not getting sacked/going to walk after one defeat, the next two games are massive, if we drop points against Aberdeen I think he walks.

11. Fear Dearg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Pat Bonnar
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    A reluctant yes

It's a shame it has come to this but he can't or won't change up his tactics

His refusal to acknowledge the obvious will cost us TIAR if he stays

12. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Who wants to clean up that mess ?

Popes 11 likes this.
  13. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Ntcham, elyounoussi and Duffy can go now to be fair.

14. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Its chronic in here the night sell everycunt shut us down * it

joemc likes this.
  15. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I didn’t want him to get the job, was disappointed he got it but got behind him.

We saw us play well initially but the same old stuff crept back in.

Embarrassed in the champions league qualifying then had a no bad run in the Europa groups.

I have to be honest if they didn’t implode last season 9 wouldn’t have happened, I didn’t see us beating them because some of the * tactics, formation and team lines ups came back.

This season has been nothing short of pish, I mean not far off utter *.

We got completely embarrassed in the champions league by minnows once again and then limped into the Europa league.

Domestically we have been atrocious but managing to scrape a win, again papering up the cracks.

Today has shown the Zombies, tribute act and all the other names totally outclassed, battled and played us off the park.

A team who should be light years behind us. But due to downgrading and penny pinching from the powers at be have let them back in it by making us worse every season.

I’m I surprised with today, not really, I tried to show bravado and say we would win etc but I had a terrible gut feeling we would lose, but nothing like this. It was an embarrassment a * joke.

Lennon will take most if not all of the brunt for today, but people need to remember who appointed him and shelved all the other CV’s.

We need change now, but I don’t see it happening. We will Lose the league if Lennon is kept until the end of the season. I hope tae * I’m wrong and some * saves this and tells me at the end of season haha remember this but I can’t see it happening.

I’m totally sick to my stomach with today! I’m absolutely devastated.

16. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Martin O’Neil
    Eddie Howe
    mauricio pochettino (Pipe dream but say until the end of season)

just off the top of my head

17. Sgt Neppers*

No player, manager or board member here is exempt from critiscm when it's justified. This has been a regression since he took over highlighted by big games. 3x Huns, Copenhagen, Cluj, Ferencvaros. Married to his baffling use of the squad, zero system implementation and delusional almost * taking interviews. Today was the peak of it.

Trequartista and bhoy81 like this.
  18. easy_tiger Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    whichever 11 are on the pitch
    He is a Celtic legend as a player, but as a manager he is being continuously outthought by Steven Gerrard, which isn't good enough. We have the better players, we just don't have a coach/manager with the people and technical skills to make it work

19. Trequartista

I don’t think anyone can put a dampener on Lennon’s contribution to the club both as a player and as a manager. However it shouldn’t be used as leverage in the argument on whether or not he should keep his job.

At this present moment, we are playing as a group of individuals who don’t want to play for the manager. We are playing with no obvious style of play or tactics.

He done a number on Gerrard in first game of last season. Since that, Gerrard learnt the error of his ways and has got the better of us in every fixture since bar the LCF which was down to Forster.

Regardless of anything, if a manager can’t get his team to play for him or at least give them a system to play then nobody can deny that if he was to go, then it wouldn’t be unjustified.

The appointment of Lennon right after the SCF was knee-* if you’re being kind and I, for one, was void of any excitement at the time. At the time we wondered if it was going to be our undoing and here we are, on that road.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  20. Martybhoy53

The thing with Lennon is it's never his fault.

freitassen likes this.