1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] 9IAR Champions Vs The Uglies - 17.10.20 - 12.30PM K/O

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by MagnificentSeven, Oct 4, 2020.

Discuss 9IAR Champions Vs The Uglies - 17.10.20 - 12.30PM K/O in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jay62

that was a heartless and nauseating performance , cant believe what i just witnessed .

Rydo1888*, ddub11 and greengrocer like this.
  2. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

They seem to be better coached and know their jobs well, even though we have the better players. Hard work beats talent if talent doesn’t work hard.

packybhoy, Keano88, Sentinel and 3 others like this.
  3. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Glenn Kamara unassumingly ran the show against us today, but Broony growls at * in the tunnel and canny run.

I'll hand ma green gazelles in at reception on ma way out.

martin_d likes this.
  4. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    If the huns had played as badly as we did at home and we only beat them by 2-0 I'd be * raging.

We were absolute dross today and got what we deserved .. * all

Losing is one thing but not being up for the game is unforgivable.

Bored, sober and stuck in rural thailand in the * rain. What a lousy saturday

:(

5. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    You’re the one kidding yourself, mate. Board shouldn’t have hired Lenny but that was 18 * months ago.

Deal with the here and now: not a single one of our fans that I know would have made the ridiculous decisions he did today.

6. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    I keep saying this and said it that much I'm tired of it......but we always * it with them.

We let them bully us[/QUOTE]

Been saying the same for well over a year now...you could see it happening way back then.

The worrying aspect is ....they look a far better team than we are...far more cohesive and playing for each other...never mind stronger.

I thought Brownie played well today and the new left back is definitely a player.

Unfortunately with Lenny at the helm it won't make any difference...Gerrard has him in his pocket.

7. DragQueenHoops

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Look here we didn't have our starting backs, Christie out, none of our usual strike force.

This will be the driving force for us to change and get into gear now.

Griff deserves a start now

8. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

We know how they set up too. They’ve done the same thing for a couple of seasons now.

9. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Guys no a defender and it doesn’t help that we have blown so much smoke up is * btw one corner is a shocker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Im sorry mate, if you believe they played at their best today you are deluded. We need to see real change and to be fair ro the majority of the supporters, after some of what they have seen so far this season, or even lack of what they have seen, its no surprise if many begin to lose the faith.

its far from good enough and if things continue as is, we wont see 10.

11. jimbobers Gold Member Gold Member

Thats the most annoying thing, they’re not a great team , but our lack of fight was a disgrace

12. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Team came undone. Manager wont get a lot of sympathy but the circumstances weren’t favourable- that being said its not the first time we’ve looked like this, not by a long shot. Being a weakened team playing against a team thats fully at it and understands our game very well. Its a fixture of fine margins at the best of times. People really need to put the past behind them, we aren’t playing against a team of huddies anymore and their manager isn’t some chicken salesman. Don't think there was much that could have pulled the wool over their eyes today in all honesty. Lennon went for shape and that was a risk that hasn’t paid of- we looked like he hadn't trained together more than once, lacked fluidity, precision, awareness, all of the above and thats frustrating and all too common- its not good enough in high pressure games and the coaches are due a lot of criticism. If the players aren’t up for it then I dont know what could possibly motivate them and thats extremely disappointing. The only comfort today is that nothing has been lost today apart from pride and points can be recouped over the season if we get our backs up immediately which is the only way forward. The only way the coaching staff would be in any danger of being punted is if we go on and lose a run of games from here, which I don't expect at all.

13. ddub11

That was painful.........lenny has a massive job turning this around.Difficult to understand why we were so poor against them today.

Sad thing is it wasnt a big shock,we all know how bad we have been lately and there seems to be nothing done to fix it.

14. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It wasn't that good.

15. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    Tbf 2 of them came on at 85 mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I would say Brown was the only midfielder who came close to turning up today.

Calmac stater brightly but was an empty jersey in the second half. Ntcham was horrendous. Honestly, what some of our fans see in him I’ll never know.

17. Paradise88

Right, pull ourselves together and pump AC Milan on Thursday.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  18. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Been saying the same for well over a year now...you could see it happening way back then.

The worrying aspect is ....they look a far better team than we are...far more cohesive and playing for each other...never mind stronger.

I thought Brownie played well today and the new left back is definitely a player.

Unfortunately with Lenny at the helm it won't make any difference...Gerrard has him in his pocket.[/QUOTE]
    Thing is when we are on form we are a joy to watch.

But this season?
    11 league games in and still packing spark and cohesion?

Is not sitting well with greengrocer.

(Yes 3rd person ramblings. I'm a bit edgy due to morelos dropping off a wee bag to me en route to paradise).

19. john2061

Does slippy get to keep Lennon as that's the last three Derby games we have been shocking ok we won one but * me the team selection and tactics are * shocking and again failing to change it at half time when it was needed .
    They can't be no more slip ups and slippy seems to have the upper hand over Lennon and he's got bang average players and that's even more annoying and not to have a shot on * target in 90 mins is unacceptable .

20. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    It was the same last year until after the winter break (which we don't have this year). I honestly think they'll drop more points again..anyway, it is what it is...(BTW, I've been reading far too much Alan Watts lately hence my chilled attitude!)
    Keep the faith old bean!

greengrocer likes this.