1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] 9IAR Champions Vs The Uglies - 17.10.20 - 12.30PM K/O

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by MagnificentSeven, Oct 4, 2020.

Discuss 9IAR Champions Vs The Uglies - 17.10.20 - 12.30PM K/O in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside

So hiring Lennon in the first place is not down to the board? Going for the cheap option?

both Lennon and the powers at be are at fault for letting them catch us, don’t * kid yourself.

seanm likes this.
  2. dmac

That was horrible to watch it was far too easy for them to win if our management don't get these lackustre performances sorted out soon there will be no 10th title the only saving Grace from today is that there is still a lot of games to go but we need to improve massively

3. lespaul

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    grace
    Can't actually believe how bad we were today.can use all the excuses we like but that is honestly as bad as iv ever seen us.watched us get hammered 7-1 off PSG and play better than that.sickening

Artorias likes this.
  4. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Just heard them

5. stew37

We have absolutely no idea how to beat sevco on the park at the moment. Gerrard has them faster and more up for it, you'd never guess it was an important game when you look at most of our players.

Have been toing and froing for a while with this but as much respect as I have for Neil Lennon, his time as manager is up in my opinion. Lets not pretend it's just been this game. Mental to think of changing management at this point, but with the right appointment, we might get at least some kind of spark, which there isn't any of at the moment. I really don't think it's the players as I believe we have the quality there.

6. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Difference this year is..........they want it more.
    We have been poor all season. Nothing clicking. No fluent play. Disinterested football.
    Our squad hasn't changed that much. Kept a good core. But we are nowhere near playing to our capabilities

buchanbhoy likes this.
  7. Hope N Ur Heart

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone followed closely by Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Them all!!
    Still convinced we will win the league:34:
    They will drop points,they will get injuries.
    Our squad is superior....Come on the Hoops

8. StevieBhoooy!

Can’t wait to hear the excuses.

9. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Theyre a better team than us at the moment. We need to sort it out

seanm likes this.
  10. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

As bad as a performance that was, all the optimism and playing down the Huns ability doesn't change the fact that they are genuinely playing at their absolute best with their full squad to choose from whereas we have picked as good a team as we can with 4 first team options out.

Yes, Lennon has * it against Ferencvaros and now these *, and our performances have been underwhelming bar one or two games - but sacking him will not improve our form or chances of success this season.

I knew we were unlikely to win this game and it favoured the Huns with all the buildup being about how on form they were.. is it any surprise they won? The rancid * will believe their own hype yet again and when we (hopefully) shift into top gear I think we will be too good not to win this league.

Keep the faith.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  11. Maestro 08

1 down at HT against ur biggest rivals on your own patch and you put in a second half performance like that. ZERO shots on target!!

Something is very wrong right now.

stew37, Keano88 and seanm like this.
  12. Popes 11 Guest

Had enough switched off.. Well Mr Lennon you * up again big time, no way back for you! end game.

seanm likes this.
  13. Foley1888

That was utterly pathetic, wrong team, no effort, no quality, massively let down everyone associated with the club today.

All those fans who put their money in to the club with no promise of getting in, for it to be rewarded with that abject nonsense is a joke.

Effort should be a given but there are too many there who don’t even give that.

14. Sentinel

Not 1 single positive. Very, very worrying that there was absolutely ZERO urgency from us at any point today. Only we could beat ourselves and it looks like we have. Awesome. Milan and Aberdeen next. 3 losses on the trot and Lenny will still have the safest job in football.

Peej likes this.
  15. limezer

I’m lost for words, no creativity in the middle of the park can’t even lay a pass forward for the wingers to run on to to make a cross

16. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Summary from this game.

To slow, * all desire, * all ability to change when things aren't going right.

This is the worst I've ever seen us play against the huns.

The goals that they got were lucky but that's no * excuse.

Serious changes need made, we have made the same. * mistakes all * season. We went from. Playing sublime. Football prior to Covid to this *. Aye we were missing 6 players that woukd have been on otherwise but that's nae * excuse. Every team we play has the anti * celtic formula now and we need serious improvement

If this isn't a boot up the * to * fix things then aye Lenny should go, and I'm Definitely not one of the anti lennon brigade.

Not going to talk about positives, there are far to few of them. The one I will say is its not a season killer, one game doesn't matter just don't let any others go this way.

seanm likes this.
  17. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Exactly.

Still first to every ball. Still managed to spray it about.

We could have had 90% possession and still lose.

18. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Exactly. Hopefully the balloons on this forum will get off his back when he returns.

neilly1987 likes this.
  19. Belfast_Bhoy

Embarrassing. Dont mind if we loose after giving everything and leaving nothing on the pitch, but that hasn't happened in a long time. Totally fed up now, raging I have all day to sit and be in bad form at this *

seanm likes this.
  20. DennyCelt Free Palestine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Shunsuke Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    I think we have to question what goes on at Lennoxtown during the week. That didn’t look like a team who had worked on tactics or shape even once. Clueless performance

Big Dog and seanm like this.