1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Feelings ahead of the game on Saturday ?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Prof, Oct 13, 2020.

Discuss Feelings ahead of the game on Saturday ? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    Weirdly more confident than i would have been had we had a full squad.

3-0

2. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Always nervous for these games and this time is no different, I want to destroy these *,

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

3. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

I'm personally feeling like we are all owed a performance (and result) for this game. The past few games have been too close for my liking and while I'm not arrogant enough to expect us to roll over teams in every game we play domestically, we havent really got going this season so far. This game could be the catalyst for change to that. Into these *!

4. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Thoughts on this game are simple. We play to our strengths and we will win. Our lack of options on the right side is a concern. Don't want to see anyone other than Frimpong on the right. He is the guy who can get us on the front foot, draw fouls and yellow cards(if the ref does his job).

5. Jeremie Frimpong

This. I don't feel nervous though, oddly enough. I just envisage it being one of those days for us.

6. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Got to make them defend. Willem could have had about three in the opening twenty.

7. jambo_cfc

Weirdly i think christie being out is a blessing , hasnt really done anything last few games and his set pieces have been shocking so forces lennons hand, elhamed and bitton will be a miss as one a them would have started cb but jullien has his chance to get his starting place back. Griffs a starter for me alongside eddy or ajeti

...................barkas................
    .........jullien ..duffy...ajer.........
    Frimpong........................laxalt
    ...........brown.....mcgregor.......
    ...................moi....................
    ...........eddy/ajeti ...griff..........

That front three have the ability to switch berween out wide and through the middle which will have the huns all over the place at the back as they wont know who to pick up

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  8. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I will take anything from this game. Oddly enough I'm not as nervous as I usually am. I just think that they've done that much talking themselves up they've put themselves under pressure. We just have to set out to frustrate them and they will implode and given the set of circumstances that have befallen us lately we have nothing to lose. We know that we're better on our day but it's a strange situation to be going into this as the supposed underdogs.

9. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Yeah I also like how we are going about things quietly, unlike myself with tunes on and YT vids galore :ynwacelti

Let them big themselves up, be bigged up and make a big * of themselves come Saturday afternoon.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  10. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Think it’ll be a comfortable victory. We’re better than them all over the park.

11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Nervous.

By and large, we’ve got the results this season. But we’ve been far from convincing, and that’s putting it lightly. We need to put in our best performance so far this season, by a distance.

The huns are no great shakes but they’ll be brimming with confidence coming into this game, even mores so after out covid issues. Hopefully they crumble under the pressure again.

Win this and I think we’ll kick on again.

12. Foley1888

I am hoping for a performance like the first game last season vs them but I am a bit worried about the sharpness of our options given either just returning from injury, international break and the guys missing because of COVID. Also Lenny’s team selections have been all over the place so far this season.

I think we have the players to win the game but a lot will come down to how our midfield perform. For it being the area of the park we have so many good players it has really not been functioning well this season so far. The games we lost or were up against it vs them I often feel it is down to losing control of this part of the game.

Get the team selection right and show the right attitude to go after them and I think we will be ok. Put out a weird team and stand off them then I worry it will be a long afternoon.

The Prof likes this.
  13. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Big shane duffy to score and us to win 2-1. Come on

14. Sydneysider

I think there will be some early "mistakes" , missed fouls etc. If the scum could have picked an official hed be first name on the sheet ( surprised they didnt get ross and dallas in too);

We are definitely the underdogs and greasy gerrard will want a win before taking over England,

Four - Nil to the good guys ! Griff and PK with two apiece

15. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I'm feeling the same way as I did when griffeths and Dembele were out and some guy we had on loan had to play. F re nch guy I think

Smithy likes this.
  16. Sgt Neppers*

Still feel nervy but wi a touch of anger. Where the * do these mutants get their sense of entitlement and superiority from. This stems from bookies odds. Need well and truly rammed back in their coffin.

17. Smithy

You're mental if you think we're winning this 4-0

Peej likes this.
  18. Sgt Neppers*

Certainly lightens the mood for a moment though. :56:

19. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I’m feeling optimistic about the game as long as our players turn up, to many times over the last few seasons has big players shucked responsibility, leading to sub standard football and commitment. These games require 110% every game, we’ve not seen that from a few players. Brown especially needs to get his nasty streak back, as well as getting the lads up for it. Calmac, Forrest, Ncham to name a few all seem to go missing in big games against the filth too. Hope they’re all raring to go!

20. celtic warrior

Nervous, mostly because these * through nothing other then sheer shitthousery and hacking have tended to disrupt and choke our style of play, whilst our guys continue to be, in relative terms, meek and demure.

Then we had the issues of Eddie, Elhamad, Christie and Bitton all out.

So regardless of form Eddie is critical because when he's on the field they play a far more reserved game and stand off us more as they are feart as to give him gaps to run which would open up as a result of their aggressive press they use against us when he's not on.

So I'm * off really because international football is a * joke. However, if there was ever a single game tailor made for * workhorse striker it's this one for Klimala, that boy cpuld seriously cause them issues if the starts and I'd have Ajeti starting with him to poach around.

Hopefully Tam/Turnbull are good to go because this could be a game that sees one of them cement a place back in the team with Christie missing.

All in all, we can not allow them to play that dirty, rough, aggressive style that is so effective for them against us, we need to lay down a * marker and batter these * mutants and end their season.

3-0 klimala then Ajeti with a double