1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Feelings ahead of the game on Saturday ?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Prof, Oct 13, 2020.

Discuss Feelings ahead of the game on Saturday ? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. BelfastBhoy74

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields
    Feeling good -
    No doubt they have shown some improvements, but genuinely think we have been a bit passive (by our own standards)
    So in my (completely unbiased opinion) they are probably feeling a little cocky, their form, press hype and the recent Covid farce stripping us of some starting 11 - this will lead to a Rangers air of complacency ..... I fully expect Lenny and Broony to take this to whatever starting 11 we pull together and tell them to play the game of their lives and show them what Champions do....
    As I say completely unbiased........
    I also have this sneaky feeling that Polish Paddy is made for a game like this, a bit unconventional, hounding them non-stop, powerful and quick....I would genuinely start with him and tell him he has 55/60 minutes to harass them

2. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    This is the least concern i have ever known for this fixture. Only concern i have this season is wondering when its all going to click into place. A few weeks ago i thought it would be a tight game - simply because they are playing at their best level and we are not performing anywhere near our best. Hibs game apart we have looked poor and many games are a hard watch

Now with all our players out i see this game as a chance to put down a marker. If we lose then pretty much down to having these players missing and probably Griff and Ajeti not being match fit, Shooders injured etc not to mention an empty stadium . So my feelings have not changed .. its going to be a tight game and with our recent stale performances it is a game we could well have lost with those 4 players being available

However, if our players get stuck in and Beaton actually does the job he is paid for then a win for us will 100% deflate them in a way that a win for them can never do to us. This game is far more important to them than it is for us.. they know they are looking at 5 points adrift if we win.. for us, if we drop points then we just regroup and put it down to circumstances and bad luck.

Calmest i have ever felt and that could change when the match starts but without the atmosphere i dont think so. Football without fans is pretty dire to watch and it doesn't look like things are going to change any time soon.

3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Exactly, what was it, 5 games, 6 games with a clean sheet - at the start of a season.

Media sucked them off rotten for that, conveniently not mentioning, what was it, 24 clean sheets in a row Forster had in his first spell with us? You know, the one that was an actual record and an actual achievement.
    Levels of both clubs are massively apart, we just need to make sure they know this come the weekend.

4. Sgt Neppers*

Not particularly confident. The call offs wi Covid are concerning, Eddy not being match fit, patchy form, still not found a settled 11 and I think we are missing the fans. Plus they start fast and battle for everything. The first 20mins will dictate the game. We beat them though, it's demoralizing for them and a massive shot in the arm for us. Just win Celtic, win!!!!!!!

COYBIG

5. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aye and look who they played in those first 5 or 6 games not a decent striker against them! First time they faced any sort of firepower was vs hibs and they lost 2 goals

Peej likes this.
  6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Livi, after they sold Dykes as well, complete luck at times with that mob, they hype themelves up then fall at any sign of real tests.
    Credit to them on some of their European games, but again the sheer mind of luck that mob gets is outrageous

7. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

I'm feeling about as negative about a game vs them as I ever have

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  8. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    More relaxed than normal because of the circumstances leading up to the game with having 3/4 first team players out due to Covid.

I think it actually takes pressure away from us and puts it on them. A bit like when we play in Europe and the team we are due to face are missing 2/3 of their best players due to injury our expectations rise and the pressure on our players rises with that.

I would still be very disappointed with a loss, the 11 players we will field on Saturday have more than enough about them to beat the huns, although in saying that I’m more relaxed in the build up but come Saturday I’ll be * bricks.

9. Paradise88

I'm not 100% confident because of our injuries/covid.

We have struggled in a few games this season with teams we should have wiped the floor with, and the Huns are no walk over.

Nervy win to the champs!

10. DonnyCelt

Unsure. Empty stadium, Covid and Beaton. Having said that if we play to our best we will win.

11. KG-Henrik

It’s goin to be a * nil nil. No fans, no goals, just *!! Hahahah but aye, looking forward to it.

celtic warrior likes this.
  12. Keano88

The least confident I’ve been going into a game against them.

Mainly due to how we’ve performed in the last 2 games vs them, mixed in with the dire performances we’ve put in this season in general.

We are champions and have superior players so we should be dominating them and winning the game, but it’s more likely going to be an even contest and nervy until the final whistle.

Will take any sort of result but hopefully we put in a performance of champions as well.

13. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

My feelings before the game are that I hate the Huns and will still hate them after the game....win,lose or draw !!!!COYBIG !!!

Sgt Neppers* and Dannybhoy81 like this.
  14. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    I I have to say I am quite pessimistic about the game on Saturday due to the players we have lost to Covid and our slow start to the season . I hope I am wrong but I would have been happier if the game was postponed.

15. Gerry1972 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I'm completely calm and confident, I always am these days.

When I was younger I was more of a wreck. 3 trips to the toilet before I got on the Celtic supporters bus.

Maybe I'm just getting older but no nerves in the lead up to this.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  16. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Apprehensive.

But I always am no matter what form we are in or what team is playing.

Dont really know what to expect and we are in unprecedented times about to play a game against them with no fans.

17. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Bricking it tbh. We've been poor, apart from 2 or 3 games, and while I don't watch them (wouldnt open my curtains if they were playing in my garden) their results do suggest they are playing well.

Add in our big players haven't really got started yet, decimated by covid and the beaton factor and it doesn't look good.

18. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    CANNOT WAIT UNTIL THE FINAL WHISTLE, to witness the greetin huns and vast majority of meeja going quiet or backtracking.
    We’re not playing well but our defence is solid AND our forward players will terrorise a really * hun defence, gonna be a GREAT WEEKEND

GAUN US

oh bhoy likes this.
  19. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Tbf until last season the games have kinda went to script, it is an old cliche form goes oot the window in an us v Huns game but usually the team on form does win and tbf at home domestically apart from a good strike from Livingston boy we’ve battered teams at home

20. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    A know they made a lot of noise but in last 4 games against them the best we played against them was when we only had 800 fans, so honestly don’t see that being a major problem

DonnyCelt likes this.