1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Feelings ahead of the game on Saturday ?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Prof, Oct 13, 2020.

Discuss Feelings ahead of the game on Saturday ? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Andybhoy93

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Excited to see if and how laxalt plays and hopeful griff will be fired up and bang a couple in

Big Shoes likes this.
  2. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    I've no great feelings of winning or losing this one. So I'd be happy with a draw all things considered.
    Nae fans, hun ref, players out, international hangovers, still in 1st gear.

So aye, like I said.. 5-1

PiotreQ and Big Shoes like this.
  3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    More nervous for this game than any other in the last 8 years or so.

Combination of 3 things:
    1. Our overall performance this season has been on the most, sluggish and slow. They've got a tactic they are fond of now and believe they can bear us with. The December games last year were a worry, but we won that cup and that's what matters. I fear we don't have the performance, specially the one from Forster, to manage it again. But that's circunstancial to our recent opening season games.

2. Tied in to the above, there is two players and 3 positions I fear we will continue to repeat the same errors that have on the whole contributed to our sluggish games.
    Brown, left back (Taylor) and not playing a solid 352 with that second striker.
    Brown needs to be on his game, clear as day he ain't going to get dropped any time soon again, regardless of form. But for this game the Huns will try to exploit him if they can and they think they can again.
    Taylor I'm fond of, even if he isn't at the level we need. The Huns know this as well and I think even if not fully match sharp, Diego should play to offer a dimension they won't be able to play against.

3. The Covid factor, 4 players potentially out, it could affect the two up top idea and everything else.
    Our backline is paper thin now, injuries can't happen and we can't have off days at the back.

All in, these are our issues and something we need to over come. Do that and it's our game to win.
    On paper and on the park when both teams are at their best, we know which one is the better side and overall I think the season will show that yet again.

This game though has a lot riding on it in terms of killing off their hopes for the league.
    They know it's a long shot and they know a positive result for them only keeps the hope going a little longer. But if we win and go two clear with a game in hand, suddenly their idea of early season form goes out the window and they are chasing us.
    Suddenly our poor start (performance wise) is hit on the head and they start to doubt themselves...we know what happens next for them.

Alternatively a positive result for them means little in the grand scheme with our game in hand, but it gives them hope and allows them to build their hopes higher and higher, ready for a greater fall.
    For me, I'm sick of them already this season and my worries are only increased at the thought of listening to their * another month or two.

Get the job done Lennon.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

The Prof and Andybhoy93 like this.
  4. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    If we manage to reach Saturday with no more call offs, then I'll be reasonably happy.

I'm more concerned with the officials, and have every right to be. Its a disgrace that Beaton was allowed to continue, never mind officiate another Celtic v Rangers game.

5. Big Shoes Tictok Gold Member

This is actually how I feel. We are underdogs to many which is a good thing.

McChiellini.., The Prof and JC Anton like this.
  6. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    I think playing laxalt is a must bcoz Taylor won't go beyond tavernier and that's an area we can really get joy bcoz he can't defend and falls asleep with guys running off him, I think their left back is out so frimpong could cause problems down the right but he needs to be wary of Kent, we have the 3 guys missing and maybe eduard but we have so many options, I'd love a fit eduard to partner Griffith's but not sure he will but we must play Griffith's and another striker. 352 and let Duffy deal with morelos but don't give the cheating * the chance to fall over. I'm pretty confident we'll beat them bcoz we have the better squad of players but it's getting them playing as a unit and not individuals. One thing that will really trouble them will be balls from corners and free kicks bcoz Jullien and Duffy will cause panic.

Artorias, The Prof and moravcik1888 like this.
  7. Jeffrey

Cliche but it’s a game that never goes how it’s scripted to.

we’re literally at half strength with injury and COVID taken into account.

I think nothing less than a massive performance will get us the 3pts, there’s no way we ‘dig in’ or ‘see it out’ again. Huge performance needed.

Peej, Andybhoy93 and The Prof like this.
  8. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Confident we will win think this every game v them , have always felt confident over the last 20 years as was always hope during the 90's

9. leeso-ardoyne

What my gut feeling is once that whistle goes at kick off, all recent form goes out the window! We are going to * them about 4. I was thinking 3 a few days ago but we now have griff's back who will be gritting his teeth to prove all his doubters wrong and to show Lenny he's back fighting for his place. We have duffy that will run through a brick wall to get a goal against these *. Every celtic supporters dream to play and score on a huns game, especially one from Ireland. Saturday is going to be a beautiful day and all the doom a d gloom we've all had surrounding the * going on in the world will be forgotten for awhile and we'll be on our way to a historic 10IAR. We've been in the dumps many a times and proved everybody wrong, well come Saturday it'll be the same.

TAL & Hail Hail?9

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    The Prof likes this.
  10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Really confident..

11. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

Alot of talk has been about their defensive record. It has been good I admit, however, it has not been put up against a forward line of any substance so far in the league. It will on Saturday and my bet its frailties will be shown.

We turn up, we win.

12. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

These games can always go anyway.

We’ve not put in a good performance against them in a while tho. Still won most of them.

I’m quietly confident. Basing it on previous results and the fact we are at home.

Huns tend to crack under any pressure

13. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Aye and if we win this and win our game in hand suddenly we are 5 points clear and they are under a * of a lot pressure not to drop any more points. Basically just where we want them, as you say they do not react well to pressure.

14. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Calm as *!

15. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

This post was brought to you by Valium. :56:

Dannybhoy81, Keano88, JML67 and 3 others like this.
  16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Admins better lock Blocky's account.

He's clearly been hacked here :fear:

@packybhoy @Marie

Dannybhoy81, JML67, kramer1 and 3 others like this.
  17. Sydneysider

He is getting more blatant too, he knows he and his chums can get away with with anything and the scouse rat ( and his squad) know it too. We will still win.

18. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Until we starting losing players I was confident of winning,a 3-1 win being my prediction.
    Now 2-2 keeps around in my head. So now I have 2 predictions.
    So I think it will be one of those 2,* Hope it is my original one,but a draw is not the end of the world.

19. mayo

I’ll answer this when I see the team Saturday. Huge one for lenny, needs to get it right after our last 2 performances against them.

20. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    We will do them