1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] 9IAR Champions Vs The Uglies - 17.10.20 - 12.30PM K/O

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by MagnificentSeven, Oct 4, 2020.

Discuss 9IAR Champions Vs The Uglies - 17.10.20 - 12.30PM K/O in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I'll need to get the Johnny Mac blasting on Friday.

Weird set of circumstances with no being at the game, no pub and all these call offs.

Marty McFly likes this.
  2. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    True.

I usually watch these games in the house on my tod anyway so it's not a huge change for me. Can understand how it's * for so many :50:

Seán Mac D likes this.
  3. Crilly

Actually really like the look of that team with elyonoussi central. Can go for that type of formation now with Laxalt in. Would put in Ajeti from the off though for maybe griff and then bring griff on at 60 mins hungry af. Think paddy will get rightly stuck into goldson and he lander but also wouldn’t mind him coming on as the impact sub running at tired legs

4. Crilly

Only thing to be weary of with these dirty scumbags is that with Beaton reffing this I’ve no doubt in my mind they will target frimpong and try break him up. With that hun * in the middle aswell they’ll get away with it more often than not too. Odds on for frimpong to toy with them otherwise

McChiellini.. likes this.
  5. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Everyone naming their day to day updated starting 11 is giving me anxiety

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

PaulM1888 likes this.
  6. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I'll update you the score.

Confident as a *.

4-2

7. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Absolutely ! Like i said, their whole defence is suspect, and their right hand side especially. If we go out and attack them with intent we could and should create a * load of chances, and if Griff or Ajeti are in and around the box, I fancy us to score a few.

It's got to be 3 at the back and attack like *. There'll be acres of space out wide and with McGregor and Turnbull/Ntcham in the middle we have more than enough to dictate the game.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  8. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Cant see it being any different than this.
    Plenty of pace and skill.

I'll say again though....we have a strong enough team to pump them.
    It's stepping up in aggression aand getting in their faces.

Think this is also the first time in a year we have had options up front. Twice last season was wee mikey.

9. Shane1888

Even though they have obviously improved from 2018 onwards, it's still hard for me to find anything to truly fear in their starting XI.

Alfie * the bed against us every time, Kent is a threat but can be dealt with if someone puts a marker down on him early doors. Hagi is still unproven in derby games, so the jury is out on that one for now.

Those two attackers they signed aren't better than anything we'd face against a pot 3 side in the Europa League.

Nothing to fear in their midfield either.

Jack - average
    Kamara - average
    Arfield - not bad, not excellent
    Davis - old/past his peak
    Aribo - probably the best of the bunch, nothing spectacular

As for their defence, their captain has a weak mentality due to the various scuddings he's been part of against Celtic in the past and is prone to errors. Penalty merchant too, which to be fair, we might have to be wary of.

Goldson is slow, the boy Helander seems decent but injury prone, doesn't ever seem to get a steady run in their starting eleven. Their LB is a decent player that could potentially cause us problems on the left hand side, but again, it's nothing that we can't deal with, all things considered.

They have (rightly) garnered some praise for their European performances in the past year or so, but I still think they're overhyped by the media and their own fans. We still have a bigger and better squad, depth wise.

It's the old cliche, but if we turn up, we take the 3 points.

I expect them to come at us and put us under pressure early doors, leaving space for the likes of Moi and Frimpong to take advantage of. This is a bigger game for them than it is for us and they won't sit in and try to counter us as they have done many times in the past at Parkhead.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    Diamond D and johnboy19 like this.
  10. Shane1888

Barkas
    Ajer Duffy Jullien
    JF Brown Ntcham McGregor Laxalt
    Moi
    Ajeti
    Given COVID circumstances and injuries, this is what I'd go with and have the likes of Rogic, Turnbull, Eddy (if available), Griff and Klimala on the bench.

11. Big C

They have very little to no creativity however, I wonder if NL would consider sitting in a bit, which goes against the grain I know but with all our absentees it might be an option. Let them have it but stop the crosses into the box at all costs and hit them on the break. I have no real fear for us middle to front but the back line is a problem which can’t be denied (forget our clean sheets of late, we’ve been far too open). The spaces down the sides of our 3 are alarming not even taking into account how open we are. We have, over the past couple of games against them, given up far too many chances and sooner or later they’ll take one or two. Can you gather I’m worried!!!

12. CountyDownFaithful

Wasn't looking forward to this game at all but with the way things are panning out I definitely feel a bit more relaxed about it all.

The media have been talking them up for months (usual), we've been getting it tight for our performances and now we are missing some key players due to COVID and injuries. The pressure is very much on them.

The fact we are going to have to play players that otherwise wouldn't have started might hamper their preparation. In a couple of recent derby games they seemed to have sussed us out and nullified us to a degree, but it looks like they are going to be facing a very different side. Really hope we stick with 3-5-2 and let Klimala and Griff or Ajeti terrorise their centre halves.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    Smithy and JML67 like this.
  13. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Aye, I had resigned myself to not being at the game a long time ago but I didn't think I'd be sitting in myself with the Regi Blinker top on.

Marty McFly likes this.
  14. Shane1888

Build up to this one is reminding me of the first derby last season at their midden, no one fancied us really and thought that day would be their first big step to stopping 9IAR. Ended up leaving as comfortable 2-0 victors.

Obviously with us being at home this time we're probably still the favourites in most peoples eyes, but it's the first time in a long while I can remember the scum being as fancied for a win at Parkhead as they are this coming weekend. Our injuries and COVID absentees are also a big part of that too.

Even when they beat us at home in December, I'm fairly sure the majority of folk thought we'd win that day as it had been so long since they beat us there.

Lecs likes this.
  15. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Agree with this and actually think Lennon thrives as an underdog tbh. He did it against the Huns whilst Hibs manager and you just have to look at Lazio, Barca, Spartak etc in Europe where we've managed to pull it off against the odds.

For me Griffiths has to start, he's a point to prove and his deliveries at set pieces will be so important.

CountyDownFaithful and Slaw like this.
  16. Lecs

We've been here before, limited options, no strikers, a brand new untested defense going away to Ibrox, still beat them.

The huns always get far too carried away as well. They've only really played Hibs this season and they were all over the shop. Aye I think our defense is a still a bit dodgy but we've kept a few clean sheets and i think we will have too much in the final third for them.

Think this could be a real spanking.

honda likes this.
  17. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Take yer romour and stick it up yer *

PiotreQ, Smithy and Boruc17 like this.
  18. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    I think we could go back to a back 4 for this

19. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

Last time we were dropping like flies and they were loving it, We beat them comfortably at the * Pit on Sammy Sunday. This has that sort of feel to it. :ynwacelti

JC Anton and Cumbernauld Bhoy67 like this.
  20. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    Dreamt we won 3-0 last night, wee tenner oan it for this here *.