1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Nir Bitton

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by ILoveTheCeltic, Aug 28, 2013.

Discuss Nir Bitton in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

They've raised their game in Europe under Gerrard 100% but it hasn't carried over to domestic football is the point I'm making.

Eddie is a loss but hasn't been his usual self at all this season, the other three strikers as of the St Johnstone game looked hungrier and sharper. Christie is a big miss but theres still a chance he'll play. Bitton has been solid but was unlikely to start if Jullien was back fit.

It's not quite panic stations just yet for me.

2. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Christie hasnt kicked his * against the huns. I like Christie btw

3. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Oh, my *, mate. How long has Julien been out for? You really think you can just plug him into the team and he'll be anywhere near his best?

Yes, they * it after Christmas, but before that and since the start of the new season, their domestic form has been nothing to get cocky about. Yes, we have better players, but if you think we are so far ahead that we can afford to play a full-strength Hun team with several key players missing and and several others not match fit then that's a level of confidence I can't share.

4. leeso-ardoyne

Out of interest how many of these footballer's have died or became very seriously ill or even worse, on a ventilator in ICU fighting for there life. Is there any records of any?

5. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

No I don't think he'll be at his best but Bittons definitely out and CJ has played the bounce games this week with Brown & Griff so it's our only option.

My original post was aimed at someone saying "we're getting hammered next week". That kind of defeatist * I can't share, especially when it comes to that mob who continually believe their own hype and win * all year after year.

The biggest concern for me is not personnel, it's that as a team they've attacked the games better than us last season and imposed themselves on us far too easily. We have to be at it next week, so much at stake here.

Random Review likes this.
  6. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I guess most of them have grandparents. Even if they don's see their grandparents, they see people who see them.

I agree with this, actually. IMHO there is reason to be concerned that we might have to play them with several key players unavailable; but I certainly don't echo the idea that we're getting hammered.

JML67 likes this.
  7. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah obviously it's far from ideal but we have the better squad we just need to utilise it and play the best we can on the day.

8. freitassen

It is not even international football. It is these completely unnecessary and pointless Nations League group stage games. There was absolutely no need of carrying out this competition.

9. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    How many? Not sure, but the player’s themselves likely wouldn’t want it publicised. Are there any records of any? Yes.

Is the point you’re attempting to make totally irrelevant due to the fact that footballers are as capable of spreading the virus and suffering from its effects in the long term as anyone else? Most definitely.

10. freitassen

Are they? The other teams, Huns included, have nobody or almost nobody playing international football. As mentioned before, you are more likely to catch the virus with all the mingling with people all over the world in those than going to a pub in Aberdeen or travelling alone to * a bird. It doesn't make it fair to the other teams as well, such as Kilmarnock being punished for something out of their control.

It is totally luck. You can take all precautions in the world but catching a virus like this one is in the end mostly down to luck. We had cases before in Scottish Football where games were postponed because a sizeable chunk of the team had diarrhea or something. But now there is this believe that it must be the fault of an entire organization if a person catches a virus

11. freitassen

Are they more likely to spread a virus than other people?

Why don't we enforce the same measures for everyone? We get staff from your job and divide it in bubbles, we give your company a financial penalty if one them eventually gets sick despite following the protocol, and we publicly shame it if some of them are seen in a pub even though this is not illegal.

12. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I’m not entirely sure whether you’re agreeing with my post or alternatively what point you’re making? :43:

I never said that footballers are more likely to spread the virus. From a biological point of view of course they’re not more likely, but they’re as likely. From the point of view that they’re being forced to meet within large groups and travel to multiple countries in a short space of time, of course there’s an increased risk (especially compared to those who are strictly following the normal national guidelines).

Footballers aren’t exempt or immune to the risk of the virus, but they quite obviously fall into a less risky category in that they’re young and healthy and therefore there’s far less chance of them developing serious symptoms due to it, which makes the original comment I replied to a complete misrepresentation of the overall effects of the virus. That doesn’t mean for a second though that they should be put at risk, which international football clearly does. It’s a risk of increased spread, which quite frankly shouldn’t be getting taken just now.

NomDePlum and Jeremie Frimpong like this.
  13. Jeremie Frimpong

How many of them are milking goats, and foraging?

14. leeso-ardoyne

15. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    @leeso-ardoyne You, like me, have absolutely zero right to know of any footballer or other human being’s specific health conditions and sufferings. If they choose to make it public then the media would be all over it, but I know if I was a professional footballer I sure as * wouldn’t be sharing my most intimate health details. Apart from anything else, the long term damages could and likely would be damaging to any future contract negotiations etc.

For what it’s worth, there’s been at least one 21 year old football coach died in Spain and active players died in South America and Asia that I’m aware of from a very quick search. Upon death the cause is likely to be reported widely, but until then the player’s have a right to keep their personal matters to themselves and any normal human being would completely understand them doing so. There are also various instances, particularly in the USA where athletes who have had the virus later report that it’s massively effected their energy levels and performance.

I myself played competitive 11 aside football at a good level until the season was shut down in March. I’ve always been fit and healthy with no underlying health conditions. I made the decision to “retire” over the summer though due to an injury and not return to preseason training. I then contracted Covid-19 a few weeks later and have been suffering from it for over 7 weeks. Are you telling me that I wouldn’t have had to suffer through the virus and the multiple hospital visits, if I hadn’t stopped playing football though, you know, since you think footballers are immune? Or have I just had a bit of a cold? I’d love to know.

Marty McFly and NomDePlum like this.
  16. seanm

5 roi players to self isolate now. i * bet duffy is one of them . we will be * playing our under 21s against the scum next weel. we should get it postponed asap.HH

17. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Hes starting for Ireland

18. leeso-ardoyne

Definitely not immune. Not once did I say this! I'm interested in seeing numbers of covid-19 deaths or seriously ill as in ICUs. As mentioned on here before, I have an alternative view on this virus than most on here and if there's anything that can change my mind, I'm all ears!

So you've had covid19 yourself only you vsn tell if it was like a cold or not. Coming home from Glasgow after the copenhagen game, I contacted something I never experienced before and was bed ridden for 2 or 3 days. Check my posts to confirm this. Was it covid19 or other, I doknt know. All I know is I went through Dublin airport on the day it was announced our first case I'm Ireland came through there and used the same shuttle buses as them(I think, same Airline). I'm still here alive and kicking. Can I ask, where you tested for it or like some who have been Ill and put it down as covid19. Was it a coronavirus you tested positive for or 100% covid19.
    When this virus first hit the media, it was reported were going to have bodies all over the place in the millions. You've contacted it from another source, who has died or been seriously ill around you. Surely there's have to be some if it's as bad as made out to be.

And TBH Mcgrory, your throwing this thread on a totally different direction. I wanted to know numbers releating to professional footballer's and how bad they are getting it. In the very little spare time I have, I've been doing my own research on this virus on both sides, and make up my own conclusions from all the information I get! I have a young family to protect either from either a virus or from vested intersts trying to stear all of us into a world we thought only existed in movies. History tells us humans can be right vile rotten * when they are on top and it also shows how easily others can be manipulated. I come from an opressed background and have great concerns about going through the likes again for me and my kids, or even worse.

But without throwing this thread on a different course, all I Ask is to keep us updated with relavent information on footballer's coming down either seriously sick or at worst dieing. I hear ya about One footballer from spain dying and a few others in south america. Wasn't the one on spain reported at the height of the mass Hysteria surrounding it all. If your information on the ones from South America, please pm me or post up here as it's something I'd be interested in seeing.

Hail Hail 9

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  19. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    You claim I’m throwing this thread in a totally different direction, but that’s just not true at all. I replied to your initial post with concise answers and have then followed that up with further queries on your line of suggestion.

The fact is professional footballers (and coaches) have been shown to have died from the virus. Various players have been shown to have contracted it and therefore been at the risk of spreading it, but frankly you have absolutely no idea what symptoms they’ve had or how severe they’ve had it and frankly you have no right to know those details. I myself have had the virus and can state categorically that young, healthy people are not necessarily “safe” from the immediate effects of it never mind possible issues it causes for my future health, but I’m * certain that my employer nor the media have a right to know the inner details or spread that information publicly.

All of these points make your queries on how many have been severe sufferers or even died completely obsolete. It’s absolutely not okay for anybody at all (footballer or not!) to die from a virus that people are actively spreading through ignorance.

leeso-ardoyne likes this.
  20. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    @leeso-ardoyne I can't quote you (check your post). It wouldn't necessarily be reported as it might be several links down the line. Tracing that would require a better test and trace program than the UK has (I believe countries like South Korea and Germany can and do trace back like this, though I may be wrong).

If the r number is currently 1.5 (one estimate I've seen) then IF THEY LATER TURN OUT TO HAVE IT, after just 5 links (a matter of a few weeks) they would on average have infected 1.5 +2.25 + 3.38 +5.06 +7.59 = 19.78. Statistically, some of those are likely to be in a vulnerable group and it would be unlikely that it would be traced back, since AFAIK we aren't routinely tracing back to find the original source in the UK (unlike some other countries).

Of course that won't happen precisely because they will be told to isolate until they post a series of negative tests.