1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Nir Bitton

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by ILoveTheCeltic, Aug 28, 2013.

Discuss Nir Bitton in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I didn't say it was?

Nothing is fool-proof but 30 squad members all subject to local Scottish Covid-19 rules and restrictions, all going to Lennoxtown then home, then games then home is much less of a risk than international teams congregating from all different countries, with different rates of infection and restrictions. Having to travel on multiple airplanes etc.

Ultimately we pay these players wages to be available in our biggest games and we'll now be deprived of 3 of our biggest players simply because national FAs can implore these players to play and put themselves at greater risk than the actual bubble that we have. It's rank.

Random Review likes this.
  2. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I've been quite literally arguing against that position on this very page on the previous page in the post above yours, so I'm not sure what makes you think I hold it. :giggle1:

3. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Hahaha calm down... it's only one game and they havnt won it yet...

4. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    The PCR Test is the scam. You test positive when you pick up the cold. Funny how the numbers rise in the colder months.....

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Shut up ya * clown.

Conlon, _DannyBhoy_, Tuco and 2 others like this.
  6. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    What are you gibberin about? Swear to * you and @gandolf are the same person!

eddy can’t play then ajeti or Griffiths come in

Christie can’t play so rogic, Ntcham, Turnbull or moi play the No10

Bitton or Elhamed where not stick on starters first choice back 3 are Jullien Duffy ajer

Ewang83 and Pearse67* like this.
  7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    but the point about the average deaths, this should surely be a good year of NOT having those deaths, rather than excusing covid to gobble up those deaths regardless?

The part on the driving to work etc, yeah there is always those risks but they within reason still doing their life and within their bubble - that bubble gets vastly extended and compromised with international games. A risk I am okay to eliminate

8. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    What baffles me is, why after bolingoli (wrongly flouted the rules and * off to spain for the day) and tested negative did we get 2 games suspended. But with all these players testing positive they are still playing these games, knowing there's a chance of breeding them positive tests.

I cant understand this whole situation. International football is completely unnecessary at the moment. And its punishing us furthermore.

* covid 19. What a pain in the *

freitassen likes this.
  9. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Ah, the good old days when we just gave him pelters for playing for they Israeli *.

The world is so complicated these days.

10. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Yeah, I get what you are saying. I think it depends how important you think international games are. I just wanted to be clear that, whatever we decide, player safety is not threatened enough to cancel these games. I don't think it's proportionate to talk about players "risking their lives".

I do think your other points are valid arguments against these fixtures.

11. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Ajeti is unlikely to be fully match fit and Griffiths definitely won't be. Christie (and I say this as someone who doesn't particularly rate him as high as many on here) has been vital to us for his energy, goals and assists for a long time. Of late (and I've said this a few times on here), Bitton has looked like our best defender to me. Ajer (touch wood) seems to have regained some form and Duffy is getting there, but Julien won't be match fit.

Make no mistake, these are hammer blows.

12. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The punishment seemed like it was more for a breach of rules, rather than catching it by chance.

13. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Why are the entire Scottish team not now self isolating after being on the pitch with Bitton?

Negative test or not the rule, as Ryan Christie has had to do, is to self isolate is it not?

14. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    From my limited understanding it is about exposure, risk and deliberately ignoring rules.

9 Aberdeen players being infected because of their own recklessness pretty much means the whole squad is possibly infected. Complete mess and have to assume the worst.

Bolingoli having travelled to Spain without quarantine means they have to assume he's infected and it is as bad as it can be. As he trained and played with the squad they all need to isolate for a period.

Eddy - unfortunately tests positive but not been reckless - normal test & protect or whatever happens in France.

Christie - broke protocols but not in a deliberate way. No others thought to be impacted other than Armstrong and Tierney. Same as would happen if a group of nurses/doctors involved.

While those detected are dealt with officials will say that's a success and games can continue. That's pretty much the point of testing.

They are expecting positives so as long as it isn't gross ignorance and not being an * you get a slight benefit of the doubt. Being an * you get stamped on.

For what it's worth I agree Internationals aren't worth the risk but hope that explanation helps.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  15. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It's the difference between being on the same train and sitting at the same table on the train.

Christie and Tierney from reports where close enough to Armstrong for long enough to be exposed.

Anyone including Celtic or Arsenal arguing otherwise are taking the *. Doctors and nurses are isolating under the same circumstances so unless football thinks that being above a certain transfer value has the right to endanger lives they should think again.

If anyone thinks having more discreet rules would be helpful they should explain the café / restaurant fiasco.

16. Tuco Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    BOTOB,GRACE
    Anyone think it’s weird that he was left in Glasgow after the game? Didn’t look injured after the game and the Israel coach looks like someone who would have made him travel just to be a * to the club!

17. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I’m not disagreeing with the safety of the rules, but surely even the player who was in direct opposition to Bitton should have to isolate? Close physical contact, sweating, breathing heavily in close proximity?

I don’t see the difference between that and sitting opposite someone at a table, in fact it’s got to be more risky?

freitassen likes this.
  18. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    You definitely have a point.

However, the government (or governments) involved are never going to be able to be that granular given current pressures. Too many bigger fires to put out first.

Football associations could look at it, do it if it was necessary. The responsibility absolutely lies with them but they don't really seem too bothered about public health or considering their responsibilities.

19. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    I think the obvious situation with the most common sense here would be to recall all players from international duty.... not only is it unnecessarily detrimental to these players health travelling to these * international games. But also damaging for the clubs who pay their wages weekly.

20. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    The problem with that is that it puts footballers above others.

If that happens then the logical conclusion is to stop all football.