1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Nir Bitton

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by ILoveTheCeltic, Aug 28, 2013.

Discuss Nir Bitton in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

To be fair he’s never done us a bad turn and it’s a good thing he wanted to play so badly, everyone does for their country.

So as long as he stays and goes back to training with us and finishes healing up I don’t see any real issue.

steg, Spring Time and The_Bhoy like this.
  2. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    To be fair there looked nothing wrong with him, he was one of the best players on the park and striding up the park constantly even in extra time.

3. Mince.Charming

Sounds like he's took an injection to play.
    Daft *.

4. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Can understand Lennon being raging first Griffiths turns up unfit to play then bolingoli flys oot to Spain then bitton plays when told not too

must be thinking “ does any * listen to me”.

5. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song

No * doctor !
    But you can only assume the Celtic medical team advised Lenny as he reckoned Bitton was not fit to play ?

6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Which would be the best thing for us, he was fit enough to play though and that’s the Israel doctors and players prerogative.

7. Ipswichbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Frustrated by this as he's been so patient waiting for his chance and hasn't let us down when he's come in and played superbly. Was delighted he signed a new contract as he's such a solid squad option and seemed happy to knuckle down and fight for his place.

Knowing how important the fixtures coming up are for us and going against club advice is disappointing. He was class last night and seemed to come through it fine but we would all be on his back if it completely backfired.

8. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I've no problem with guys showing a desire to play for whatever country they represent, as long as he shows the same commitment to Celtic......in fairness he's never let us down and is an honest pro who doesn't hide.

KRS-1888, steg, Hammy89 and 7 others like this.
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic star Nir Bitton is staying in Scotland to get ready for next week’s Old Firm showdown against Rangers.

The Parkhead star made a shock appearance for his country in their play-off semi-final loss to Scotland at Hampden having suffered an ankle injury just seven days previously in Sarajevo.

Celtic boss Neil Lennon didn’t think Bitton had a chance to make it after he sat out last weekend’s match at St Johnstone but the 28-year-old managed to get fit for the game.

Bitton revealed his burning desire to help Israel to a major finals and a quick recovery explained why he was able to confound the medics and play at Hampden.

He said: “Celtic are the club who pay my salary but as a person, as a professional athlete, I couldn’t give up on this game. These are the games you dream of playing when you are six years old.

“Even the day after the injury I told the medical staff at Celtic that I wanted to give myself a chance.

I twisted my ankle very badly away in Bosnia and I didn’t believe I could make it.

On the way back home on Friday I was on crutches, I was in a wheelchair and I couldn’t even walk on the foot.

“But I wasn’t going to rule myself out of the game until I knew that I couldn’t play.

I never give up, I always try to push myself to the limit but to be honest the medical staff did an unbelievable job, they treated me like their child with treatment three times a day.

“I played this game only because of them and I understand the frustration of Celtic. I was glad I 
made it but it is a bit frustrating now.”

Asked about speaking to Lennon, Bitton, who joined Celtic from Ashdod in 2013, jokingly replied: “I blocked his number.”

He added: “I didn’t speak to him. It was between the national 
team and Celtic.

“But for my side, I always told Celtic that I was going to give it a chance and obviously if 
I didn’t feel good I wouldn’t play.

“But on Tuesday I felt okay at training, on Wednesday I felt better and on Thursday morning I told the gaffer that I wanted to play.

With all the adrenaline around the game and around the occasion you don’t feel anything. I feel it now though.”

Israel coach Willi Ruttensteiner left Bitton behind as the squad travelled from Glasgow to Tel Aviv for their Nations League match against Czech Republic before heading to an away tie in Slovakia on Wednesday.

The stopper will now rest up ahead of the Rangers game and, asked if he would be ready for the Old Firm crunch, Bitton smiled and said: “I am in big trouble if I’m not!

“Obviously Rangers is a big game but I’m not thinking about Rangers right now. I gave everything to take part in this (Scotland) game. That really was my target.

“I didn’t really think about the Czech Republic or Slovakia, I only thought about Scotland.”

10. freitassen

This situation shows a lot of commitment and determination. It is a good thing about him.

11. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I think he'll start against them if hes fit.

12. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    If he’s in a lot of pain after it with the same injury he obviously wasn’t fit to play

13. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Bitton hat-trick calling it.

14. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Where did you see those dots?

15. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Our medical staff can be wrong. The body is a wondrous thing.
    Did anybody watch the game & notice his “injury” affecting his game?
    Maybe Neil would be better turning his attention to our medical staff & finding out how the Israel medical staff got him fit, or if he just basically healed quicker than anticipated.
    We have had numerous times whereby players that we were told are going to be fit / full training very shortly & not seen for weeks & weeks.
    Maybe we do have an internal problem on that side that needs addressing. There’s always room for improvement.

Tommy25 and steg like this.
  16. Mince.Charming

They're just full stops.

17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    He completed the full game, he was fit to play that game in the eyes of the Israeli doctors. They just didn’t give a * about if it would aggravate an injury already there and * him for following games.

* like that is when you’ll hear us talk about managing players and everybody moans like *.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Absolutely * ridiculous this now.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
  19. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye, that's three now.

20. Gerry1972 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley