1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Christie

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by LloydsGamble, Aug 28, 2015.

Discuss Ryan Christie in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    I don't know anyone who wants internationals to play right now. Get this * so far to * please...

eire4 and Noskeil like this.
  2. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    So nobody knows if people are room sharing?

Crackin statement from Arsenal

3. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    I don't know anybody who wants internationals, full stop. Nobody gives a * including the players.

4. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The fact he’s went to Arsenal and they’ve released a statement for him says a lot IMO.

Reads to me like they think the SFA are at it. Seems they’re trying to arrange private passport for him to get him back to Arsenal as well.

Must be bad if the focus is on him getting back to Arsenal to play their next game instead of playing in Scotland’s biggest game for a generation.

Be interesting to see what happens with us and Christie.

Marty McFly likes this.
  5. StevieBhoooy!

We are actually losers here because we have the best Scottish talent who then get selected for the national squads...

Same for most of our players... most being internationals.

We worry about them coming home with injuries... now it’s being infected with cv-19 before a balls been kicked.

I can think of a team we are playing soon who have far fewer players at risk through their low international participation.

Prejudiced by a virus for having the best players.

6. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    This is bullshit , loosing players because they are good enough to represent their countries, we are now 2 players down because of this * bullshit .

7. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    This is why international and European football should have been scrapped this year. The impact on club teams is already massive, add players coming back from all over the place is a fully moronic idea.

Bonobhoy and McGrory1888 like this.
  8. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Celtic should demand from SFA and SPFL that the hun game is postponed. Why the * should we lose 2 players because of rules that say clubs must supply the players picked to play for their country.
    If that demand is refused then Celtic should refuse to supply ANYMORE players for Scotlnd squad.

Bonobhoy likes this.
  9. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
  10. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

I don't even think European competition compares to internationals.

The squad are essentially a 'bubble' who work together, train together etc all week anyway. They then travel together and maintain that bubble and are regularly tested as a group. Unless they're exposed during travel (they wear masks at all times going by photos) then there's not much more risk than domestic matches.

International squads are a collective of players from all over the world, who all travel individually through various airports and then are in close proximity throughout, competing against a load of other players they wouldn't normally come into contact with who've all had the same type of journey to the camp.

The risk seems far higher to me and for the sake of a tournament that will likely be played behind closed doors too seems a bit pointless tbh.

Domestic football is these guys bread and butter and should take priority, with European club tournaments the risk worth taking in terms of money/viewership for the top teams. It's crucial to teams like us for example..

Seán Mac D and McGrory1888 like this.
  11. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I’m sorry I don’t agree with that, I think unnecessary travel anywhere isn’t worth it. 1 player catching Covid could literally reek havoc through a squad. Naturally Cup money is always good but, that all depends on how far your club gets. Your Aberdeen’s and Motherwell probably operated at a loss this year, as fans bring in massive income, it’s not just tv money these clubs rely on, that’s cash that goes straight into the club not at the end of the season. Then for teams like us, the 3 home game package is a huge amount of cash for us to lose out on, your literally playing for tv revenue only, yet your cost of flights, hotels, busses, security etc usually your home games more than cover this, but this year it’ll fall straight on the clubs.

It’ll be good to see the finances at the agm next year as I’m positive that you’ll see us making huge losses because of euro competitions.

I totally respect your option though, this is just the way I see it.

12. Sevcoslayer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Agree with this entirely. The risk is far too high and all of that risk is owned by the clubs.

13. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

No chance. Play the game.

Conlon and NomDePlum like this.
  14. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    First and foremost hope Christie is okay and hasn’t caught it or if he has a wish him a speedy recovery
    But from a selfish point of view as a Celtic fan, he has yet to have a decent game for us against the Huns and would far rather have a midfield with guys like Turnbull, Ntcham McGregor would even love to see hunskelper Rogic back in the fray and obviously by way Lennon was talking brown will be back in aswell
    So personally I don’t think he would be a massive miss

15. Bonobhoy

Just because you are in a bubble with your club team doesnt make this any better at all,maybe slows the odds a little but thats it.

European football is going to be an absolute minefield this season,and its going to get worse.

16. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Surely you agree that it's less risk than internationals though, as the 20 odd individual players and all the staff that wouldn't normally mix are then travelling as a new group across the globe not just the continent?

I get what you mean about it all being unnecessary but then how far do you take it? We will still get prize money for winning group stage games and progressing etc it's not just TV revenue.

17. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Oh Ofc I agree that it’s more dangerous playing the international games, to me that part completely baffles my brain, and if honest it completely contradicts what the government are saying to us.

And I’m totally with you with income, for us it’s a must, but we’re talking about players becoming infected with a virus that has the potential to kill them. Not all clubs will be able to afford Trump style healthcare for players. It’s one of them things where your damned if you do damned if you dont.

Bonobhoy likes this.
  18. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    As someone correctlySaid Difference between European club tie , its plane bus hotel, game hotel bus plane and home with international s these guys are going back to their country of origin where they have family and friends who they grew up with and probably haven’t seen for a while and naturally end up having a few beers with them, you know yourself probably after a few drinks the distancing can go out the window a bit start hugging cuddling then back to their countries they play their club fitbaw which is far more risky than playing club football in Europe

19. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
  20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

FOLLOWING today’s news regarding Ryan Christie, he has reiterated his adherence to all relevant protocols while on International duty.

In light of this, Celtic confirmed today that it aims to open dialogue with the Scottish Government and other authorities to fully understand the self-isolation procedures for those players who continue to deliver negative test results, as Ryan has.

Ryan said: “I am so disappointed by the events of today and the potential effects this could have on my country and club. As I have operated within these protocols for such a long time now, I am well aware of all the rules and social distancing from team mates has become the norm and something I have observed.

"The situation is very frustrating, particularly as I don’t believe I have done anything wrong.”