1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Nir Bitton

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by ILoveTheCeltic, Aug 28, 2013.

Discuss Nir Bitton in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Israel Willi Ruttensteiner has named Nir Bitton in his squad despite Neil Lennon declaring him out of the upcoming international fixtures.

The Celtic boss revealed the midfielder-turned-defender had twisted his ankle during the Europa League play off win agains Sarajevo.

He said: "Nir’s badly twisted his ankle. There’s swelling, so we need to wait and see. But he’s out for Sunday and certainly out for the qualifiers as well. Hopefully, it won’t be too long, just three or four weeks."

But the Israelis have included him in their squad for their Euro 2020 play-off in Scotland and their Nations League games against Czech Republic and Slovakia, they intend to use him.

And with a derby against Rangers coming up fast later this month, Celtic will be deeply concerned at the possibility of Bitton being rushed back to action.

Ruttensteiner said: " Nir Bitton has been called up and we will see if he can play with us in the second and third games in the Nations League.
    "I don't think he will be able to train with us at first, but he will join up later."

2. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

Willi can * right off!

Dan Breen likes this.
  3. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Willi trying to be the new arnold ffs

4. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Surely to * if the guy is injured and the club back it up with a medical certificate then he should stay at home ?

Dan Breen likes this.
  5. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    Eddie was meant to be injured and played 2 games for France. Celtic need to put their foot down on these things

Tommy25, Dan Breen and Mince.Charming like this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NEIL LENNON has warned Israel head coach Willi Ruttensteiner to forget about playing crocked Nir Bitton.

Bitton suffered an ankle knock during Celtic’s Europa League win over Sarajevo last week.

After the game, Hoops boss Lennon ruled the defender out for up to four weeks — including his country’s crunch Euro play-off semi-final against Scotland at Hampden on Thursday.

But Ruttensteiner ignored the Celts gaffer to include Bitton in his squad for Nations League games against Czech Republic and Slovakia.

And the Israeli coach claims the defensive midfielder could yet feature in the latter two fixtures.

He said: “Nir Bitton has been called up to the squad and we will see if he can play with us in the second and third games in the Nations League.

I don’t think he will be able to train with us at first, but he will join up later.”

But Lennon was left stunned by Ruttensteiner’s plans for his player.

And he said: “It’s going to be impossible. He is NOT going to be fit.

“His foot is in a pot at the moment to try and get the swelling down.

After that, there has to be a diagnosis of the damage in there to see if there is any ligament damage or not.

“I cannot see him being fit for any of the international games.

“The Rangers game may be a stretch, too, but we won’t know until we have a proper look and get it scanned.”

Tommy25 and Metrobhoy like this.
  7. Maestro 08

Just maybe Bitton has spoken to his national manager and told him that he wants to be selected to give it a go.

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    We must be a soft touch i swear..

As far back as Rogic being told he had to join up with the Aussie squad when we had a massive game..

Tommy25 likes this.
  9. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

International teams are given far more leverage over clubs but as you say there's things that we could do at our side.

Can you imagine the likes of an Alex Ferguson having his players called up in these circumstances?

He'd be shouting it from the rooftops about endangering players careers, he'd be having private words with the players to ensure that they too were strong on the issue, if they didn't put the foot down then they'd be told to find a new club. That's what we need.

Tommy25 and McChiellini.. like this.
  10. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Why are all our players international managers *? Bitton and Eddy called up when injured, Rogic was continually called away when not fit. Should be telling them to * off.

Tommy25 likes this.
  11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Nir Bitton could also be involved against Rangers as he battles against an ankle injury sustained in Bosnia.

Israel have included them in their squad for the game against Scotland tomorrow night and the subsequent Nations League encounters against Czech Republic and Slovakia, but Lennon doesn’t see that as possible for the 28-year-old.

He said: “I don’t think he’ll be fit to play for them. I reckon he won’t be ready for that until the first game after the break.”

12. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Looked like he was training on his Insta earlier.

13. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    You would think so. As far as I understand, right now, an injured Nir B is with the Israel squad. *, should be with his club getting treatment.
    Seem to recall similar nonsense with Tam a while ago.

14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Think if the national team demands they’re doctors to see them they can get the player a 3 match ban if he says no.

although I’m not 100% on the specifics of that.

15. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song

Crazy * and with players travelling for nothing and increasing the risk of them catching Covid !

Dan Breen likes this.
  16. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Yeah, there’s definitely a rule along those lines. Surely there has to be some level of trust between the player and his national team though (even if you take the club completely out of the equation).

Making an injured Bitton travel to Israel for tests and to join a squad who have players present that have tested positive for Covid, all so that he can then travel back to Glasgow (where Israel are * coming to play! :31:) just makes absolutely zero sense to me.

Liam Scales likes this.
  17. jafa

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    As the Israeli squad will be in Glasgow, Im sure hes only said he`ll join up with the squad in Glasgow itself, and be assessed then. Im sure he wouldnt have travelled all the way just to turn round and come back again.

This is a non story in all honesty.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

That Israeli good news.

Spring Time likes this.
  20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

ISRAEL coach Willi Ruttensteiner has bluntly told Neil Lennon that Celtic crock Nir Bitton IS available to play against Scotland.

Lennon made it clear immediately after the Europa League win over Sarajevo that the defender – who suffered an ankle knock – was out of tomorrow night’s Hampden showdown.

And the Celts boss then later insisted it would be ‘impossible’ for Bitton to feature against Steve Clarke’s men as the player faced up to a likely three or four week spell sidelined.

But Austrian Ruttensteiner wasn’t interested in Lennon’s verdict.

It’s believed Bitton has improved over the last few days and he took part in a session on the Hampden pitch this evening.

Asked to confirm he wouldn’t face Steve Clarke’s men, Ruttensteiner said: “Let me say that I will confirm no player to you.

That would not be clever from my side.

“We have 23 players here – one player has Corona and is isolated – and every one of them can be in the first XI.

“So that is my statement.”

SunSport told the stubborn Ruttensteiner of Lennon’s ‘impossible’ claim.

But he replied: “I do not know him.

“But if you ask me if my 23 players are able to play I will say YES.”