1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL: “We have had more consistent performances. I think there’s more to come from the team but there’s a lot of positive to take out of this run.”

NL: “The reaction from Ferencvaros has been absolutely fantastic. Four clean sheets in a row and we’re scoring goals. We’ve been dominating possession but more than anything the players’ desire and will to win games under immense pressure. They’ve handled it brilliantly.

NL on Laxalt: “He’s a very good defender. He’s got great quality on the ball. He’s got great desire to make things happen but I like his tenacity more than anything else. He refuses to get beat or give the ball up, he’s a quality player.”

NL on Laxalt: “As far as I’m aware, he will be available to play against Milan. He’s also fit and available to play in our upcoming games.”

NL on Laxalt: “I admire him very much. Watched him at the World Cup and thought he was outstanding, playing in a great Uruguay team and looked comfortable. We’ve been tracking him for a long time. He’s very happy to be here. He will add more quality & inspiration to the team.”

NL: “We wanted to tidy the squad up. We’ve brought real quality in. I’m delighted with the strength and depth. Now we’ve kept all our main assets and it’s been a very good window for us in terms of bringing players in and keeping the players that we wanted.”

NL: “I woke up this morning absolutely delighted, delighted with squad of players and certainly with the Laxalt signing. We’ve came out of the window very strong and we’ve got great depth. We’ve kept all our best players and added international quality.”

johnboy19 likes this.
  2. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
  3. 10/4 Kemosabe Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/ Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Probably with Charlie earring and nae socks Nicholas is that he doesn't think. Full stop.

4. cammy07

Commons next please, the next time the fat * decides he needs an easy pay check and decides to have a random dig at the club.

Twisty likes this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Good to hear his comments on Nicholas. The guy is a clown who has no affection for the club. He’s an Arsenal man.

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Neil Lennon has criticised former Celtic striker Charlie Nicholas for claiming Diego Laxalt's move from AC Milan was a cheap option for the Scottish champions.

The 27-year-old Uruguay international joined the Hoops on the last day of the transfer window on a season-long loan.

Nicholas, who had two spells at Celtic, said Lennon would be "pretty annoyed'' but the Northern Irishman, named Premiership manager of the month for September, was having none of it.

"How would Charlie know the dealing we have with AC Milan?'' Lennon said, after revealing winger James Forrest had suffered a stress fracture of the ankle.

Listen, if we were to sign (Lionel) Messi and (Cristiano) Ronaldo, Charlie still would have found fault with it. He's been negative about the club for years.

"We switch off to it. I'm not aware of it. I woke up this morning absolutely delighted with a squad of players that we got and certainly with the Laxalt signing.

"We've come out of the window very strong. People can throw stones at the club, there's no merit, there's no foundation, there's no substance to it.

"We've kept all our best players. We kept Odsonne Edouard, we kept Kristoffer Ajer, we kept Ryan Christie, Callum McGregor, all these players who are big assets to the club.

"And that's been a difficult thing to do. We've also added international quality in players who have bedded in straight away.

"Vasilis Barkas has done a great job, Shane Duffy has been exceptionally good, David Turnbull is a great young talent, he will flourish here.

"I could go on and on about the players that we signed and I'm thrilled to get Laxalt over the line as well.

"So, Charlie doesn't speak for me, he doesn't think for me, and to be honest with you, it doesn't resonate one bit here.''

The former Hoops skipper admits the comments are all the more annoying coming from an ex-Celtic player.

Lennon said: "There's too many ex-Celtic players over the years who have constantly been trying to create this negative narrative around the club.

"We are absolutely flying. We're winning all our games and we've won 11 trophies in a row.

"We're not selling anyone. Normally over the years, we sold (Moussa) Dembele, (Kieran) Tierney and other players but in this window we kept them all.

"That's credit to the board, it shows how strong we are at the minute.''

Lennon revealed he tried to get Laxalt last year after being impressed with his performances in the 2018 World Cup.

He said: "He's very good defender and he's got great quality on the ball.

"He had an outstanding World Cup playing in a very good Uruguayan team with great players and he looked very comfortable in that company.

"We tried to get him in this time last year but couldn't do it.

"But I've been a big admirer of his for a long time so to get that deal over the line is fantastic business by the board.

"The player looks really happy to be here having spoken to him last night and he will add more quality and inspiration to the team

tarboltontim likes this.
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Having such a strong squad, with 5 subs available surely benefits us the most..

Utilise this advantage properly and we’ll canter this league.

Artorias likes this.
  10. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Glad he stuck it to Nicholas and winning motm, was ready to see Gerrard get it every month.

Only thing was I didn't like him rattling off the names of the players, kinda falls back to the ferencvaros outburst.

11. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fair * to him for giving it to Nicholas, * riddy.

12. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Manager of the Month, nice work Lenny :lenny1:

Mince.Charming and Rydo1888* like this.
  13. Markybhoy

I don't mind ex players having a go when it is warranted but I found Charlie Nicholas' views on our transfer dealings and Sevco's transfer dealings a tad strange. I don't know how you can objectively look at the list of players we have brought in then look at the list of players they signed and come to the conclusion that Sevco have had the better transfer window. :43:

14. Gerry1972 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley

Mike drop.

15. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Charlie Nicholas making an absolute * of himself yet again. No ones interested in the media *. Its basically attention seeking, trolling on TV. Clown.

16. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Fair play Lennon.. Charlie Nicholas is a clown

17. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Fixed.