1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

2. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    If we are to do anything in europe we are gonna need him in top form again.

Every confidence.

3. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    I wish i shared that confidence. He has been going missing too much and his body language isnt great.

He has obvious talent, but i think he needs to add work rate and consistency if he is to be top level.

4. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Does not become a bad player overnight, sure, maybe his head has been turned but why? Surely he must have known we had to hold onto him for the 10. I just think he is * off playing the impossible lone striker role against rank rotten hammer throwers .

5. RockhardBoss

I was convinced he'd leave after the CL exit. I wonder if there were any real bids for him in the summer.
    He needs to get his head back in the game or his fitness back, whatever is off with him.
    Hopefully Ajeti looking like the real deal and if we can get Griff fit and a run of games it might give Eddy that competitive spark to prove something.

6. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Judging from the words of Lennon as well it seems that Edouard did have his head turned so to speak whether an actual bid was received or not. Now that the windows closed getting his head focused back on this season is vital. If he wants to go next summer for a big money move fine but he will need to go on a tear the rest of this season to make that happen. As even if the pandemic is on the way out by next summer clubs will still have a lot less money to take risks and will only pay 30m odd for Edouard if he has a good season.

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Neil Lennon is planning face-to-face talks with Odsonne Edouard as he looks to get his star man focused for the 10 In A Row push.

The Celtic striker was linked with a move away in the summer transfer window but the club made clear he wasn't for sale.

That speculation affected the France Under-21 international though, with his manager urging him to "settle down" after a lacklustre performance against Ross County before the international break.

The transfer window shut on Monday with Edouard still at Parkhead and the task now is to get 'French Eddy' back to his best.

Lennon revealed: "We'll have a sit down with him.

Obviously he's away on international duty now so we probably won't see him until the middle or towards the end of next week.

But, yeah, I think it's important that we have a chat with him and get his mind refocused now on the next 10 months of the season.

It's a huge season, if you look at the games we've got coming up after the international break they're absolutely mouthwatering so we want him back and at his best for us.

You have to remember that he's only 22 and he's over here at times on his own.

"We try to give him that full support.

"He's here, he has to understand that, and he has to understand now that he's a very important player for us going forward."

Lennon was also quizzed on whether the club had been forced to fend off any late bids for the Paris Saint-Germain youth product.

The Celtic boss replied bluntly: "No.

Any interest that we may or may not have had was totally rebuffed by the club.

"We didn't want to sell Odsonne at any stage, I think we made that clear pretty early on.

The club were very strong on that."

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Positive for Covid-19, Odsonne Edouard will not participate in the matches of the France Espoirs team against Liechtenstein and Slovakia.

Odsonne Édouard will not participate in the France-Liechtenstein and France-Slovakia Espoirs matches, counting for the qualifiers for Euro 2021.

The result of his Covid-19 test carried out by UEFA this Tuesday morning, October 6 having been positive, Odsonne Édouard was sidelined from the group upon receipt of the results, at the end of training . He was then placed in isolation.

All other tests carried out on the entire delegation, staff members and players, have come out negative.

9. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    That’s him out the rangers game then let’s hope it hasn’t got round the club too much

10. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

How so?

11. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Why?

12. wulliebad

It was going to happens sooner or later,very lucky it happens now while there is the break but i would not be surprised if more of the squad are infected. Game will get called of if that's the case.

13. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    2 weeks isolation from confirmed test date which is today

14. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

He'll no be training and have to isolate i imagine

15. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    2 weeks isolation from positive test date

16. wulliebad

He will have to isolate for 14 days.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  17. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Question is how long has he had it and how many players at the club have it?

18. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Since when?

19. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    10 days and I not sure if that's from the date you take the test, or the date of returned test result - which can be up to two days of a difference.

14 days is for if you live with someone who has tested positive or been in contact with someone and thus contacted by trace and protect.

Will be back for Hun game regardless.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Surely it’s not 14 days if he’s tested positive? 10 days maximum I’d have thought.