1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Must Win

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Prof, Sep 30, 2020.

Discuss Must Win in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Must not lose would be closer to the truth.

Marty McFly likes this.
  2. themouth1888

We CANNOT defend worth a * when a team comes at us. So with this being said we need to take control of the game and have it played how we want it.

If we allow them them the ball like the cup final or last game at CP then we will lose to them.

3. CarmunnockBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    A win everytime, failing that break the legs of big lugs Jack, or mutant face Kent would suffice.

* I loathe they tramps.

4. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Must win in terms of pride, always! Must win in terms of the league ..no so sure. I reckon we'd still win the league even if we didn't win a single game v Sevco this season. Our team is made of habitual winners....Sevco, serial losers. If we don't * them over then they'd do it themselves anyway, fragile wee things that they are.

The Prof likes this.
  5. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I dont think its must win, but we must win. If you catch my drift.

6. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    This sums up my take on it :56:

Sean Daleer likes this.
  7. Foley1888

This for me I think, we could do with putting them back in their place and it will make winning the 10 that bit easier, we beat St Johnstone and them, then they will be 2 points behind with us having a game in hand.

It will then heap pressure on them knowing another slip takes them potentially 7 or 8 points back and we have all seen how they handle pressure like that the last two seasons.

The Prof and Sean Daleer like this.
  8. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    As a game taken as it is... A mere 3 points?

No. Its not a "must win".

Given the global pandemic it is looking imperative that we win, as others have said, it could only be a matter of time before a shut down.

Looking at a complete and finished championship no, I think, as usual they're playin well and will inevitably start fluffing it as they don't have it in them.

The Prof likes this.
  9. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Yes 100%

As @Gyp Rosetti said every game is a must win bit this one feels even moreso.

Momentum is everything we must stop theirs in its track, the psychological blow we can cause them in this game would be a hard one for them to recover from......and possibly vice versa.

Gyp Rosetti and The Prof like this.
  10. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade

I think a lot of that is down to their fans not knowing or understanding who they are. They don't understand that they are a new club that had to start rebuilding 8 years ago and still think they are the same club from the mid 90s who were winning everything.

No fans now means if they are losing at half time they are no longer getting abused and booed off the park. The lack of pressure on them now seems to have made a world of difference in how they are playing. Not so long ago we were expecting them to drop points nearly every week. It's not like they are any stronger but not having an angry, hate filled mob on your back seems to be making things less difficult for them.

11. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    Agreed. However being at home with no fans is not really an advantage just now.

And I must add I did enjoy their goal when we pumped them 5-1 at castle greyskull. Had an air of condescension about it which was glorious. A bit like when Halliday came on and we chanted his name!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. wulliebad

Yes and our game in hand,this season could get shut down at any time and we need to be top when it does.

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    They seem to think they have our number in head to head's so we need to lay a marker on them..

Losing to us would be a big psychological blow for them with us going ahead with a gane in hand still to come..

That wouldn't leave them with much room for error early in the season..

Lenny does need to show something else. Been a bit naive playing Christie an out and out 10 with Broony sitting and being swamped by their middle 3, plus wingers coming in and pressing him..