1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Nir Bitton

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by ILoveTheCeltic, Aug 28, 2013.

Discuss Nir Bitton in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. DragQueenHoops

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It's such a blessing Mancini when at Man City couldn't get him sign due to visa issues love the guy to bits such a classy player.

Reads the game, no fuss plays wherever he's a real team player!

Rydo1888* likes this.
  2. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    Just wish he was left footed and we could play him instead of Ajer and punt him.

Big C likes this.
  3. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Not a fan of Ajer?

4. Brian Dunphy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Merry Plougboy
    No. Hes a good player but a total shitebag and if we can get decent money for him I would punt. Hes not got the heart for it. Just my opinion

Account Deactivated likes this.
  5. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Don’t think he’s a shitebag at all I actually think Ajer is quite passionate but he frustrates me at times by moaning at other players etc when he makes a mistake. Think he may be our weakest cb defensively aswell on form right now but hopefully picks it back up

martin_d and Spring Time like this.
  6. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Was a real miss today TBH.

7. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Guess it's good Jullien is back, but it's a big blow losing bitton, if it's for a considerable length if time I'd bring a CB in.

Rydo1888*, Crilly and Dan Breen like this.
  8. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Maybe but ElHam done well and Duffy seemed to step up to the plate, especially second half.

Crilly likes this.
  9. Foley1888

As talented is Nir is I was surprised we gave him such a long new deal as he has been very injury prone the last few years and they often seem to be lengthy ones.

martin_d and Crilly like this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL: Nir Bitton: "He's been superb. He rolled his ankle, twisted it so it's a bad one. He won't be available for the weekend or the international matches. It's another blow to us because he's been in brilliant form."

Tommy25, Rydo1888* and Crilly like this.
  11. wulliebad

Watching a celtic podcast and they decided to ask what would happen if bitton got injured after 5 mins and we had to blah blah blah.:40:

12. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    He won't be one of the mega bucks players, he will be a good influense on the squad and is versatile it was a good shout getting him on that kind of deal.

Aye he's had Injuries but not to an outrageous degree, it's not been whats kept him out for the most part

Few seasons where he was a mainstay including the invincible season but the last few years dropped more to squad, even if he is a 20-30 game a season player I'd be mor ethan happy with that for the next few years

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Isn't his usual injuries to be fair but he's always been unjury prone here..

martin_d likes this.
  14. Foley1888

See I think he would have been on a pretty good contract prior to this one, as he was one of our main men when he got a 5 year deal and was linked with moves to EPL and La Liga but then got his first major injury, came back early in the invincible season but lost his place to Armstrong.

Has also had an injury that kept him out a year and got injured a few times last year after looking good in the first game versus them.

Hopefully not as bad as feared in terms of injury tonight because I do rate him as a player.

15. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fair * to this big man, took some abuse of fans just for his place of birth but stuck at the club and rarely puts a foot wrong.
    You could say he's picking up a great wage so why not stay but plenty have done the same and offered * all.

Never a legend but a solid man and has contributed to what hopefully will be ten in a row.

martin_d and Random Review like this.
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NIR BITTON is out of the Israel side for the crucial Euro 2020 play-off match against Scotland next Thursday after picking up an ankle knock in Celtic's win over Sarajevo last night.

The defender was caught late in a challenge in the early stages of the 1-0 victory in Sarajevo, and had to be replaced by countryman Hatem Elhamed.

Celtic manager Neil Lennon has therefore immediately ruled him out of his club's game against St Johnstone on Sunday, and the Hampden showdown later in the week.

He’s badly twisted his ankle," Lennon said. "There’s swelling, so we need to wait and see.

“We can’t diagnose it until the swelling goes down which will take a day or two. But he’s out for Sunday and certainly out for the qualifiers as well.

“He’s been playing brilliantly. Hopefully, it won’t be too long, maybe just three or four weeks.”

17. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Don't think he did well at all, mate. I like him a lot and know he's a really solid player, but since coming back, he's been far below his usual level. Thought Ajer and Duffy were also a bit shaky. Both will come good in time and Julien is just about back, but here and now, our best defender is Bitton.

Dan Breen likes this.
  18. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    A fair point but even then he wasn't one if the superstars. According to salarysport.com (unsure of credability) he's on 14k a week as of last season so a pretty fair wage but not top earner but top 3rd abd he's definitely a player at that top 3rd level

19. Foley1888

I thought it would have been more than that (his last deal) just given the time he signed the new deal. It was not long after VVD had left and where Nir was never in that category, he did look like being our next high value sale. On that sort of money as you say you can’t argue that’s fair.

20. Big C

Totally agree.

martin_d likes this.