1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Think it was the start of last season he was injured but you maybe right Ntcham Christie McGregor and Rogic we played some great stuff

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL: "I think the performance against Hibs will give them a real boost. I thought we approached it brilliantly and played very well."

NL on injury updates: "Ajeti won't travel. Neither will James Forrest. We're hoping Albian will be fit for Glasgow Derby but James will be out longer. Christopher Jullien is fit and back in the squad

NL on facing Sarajevo again: "You can compare the games, but our team has changed. You can take bits and pieces from it. They're in good form, won their last four. A physical team. They'll give everything like Riga did and it will be a tough game.

NL: "Our away record in Europe has been pretty good in the past couple of years. That's been building and progressing. Tomorrow night, I would like us to take our chances a bit earlier.

NL: "Europe is important to Celtic every year no matter the stakes domestically. We'll approach the game with the intensity to go out and get a result."

NL: "The squad are used to the busy schedule. This is our 6th game in a block of 7. We've also freshened things up here and there. Keeping them mentally and physically tuned in."

NL: "The team have negotiated a lot of tricky games so far. The game at weekend, I thought we approached it brilliantly and played very well. In the second half we dominated and were in total control.

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic do not want to lose any players regardless of the outcome of Thursday's Europa League play-off with FK Sarajevo, says manager Neil Lennon.

Odsonne Edouard, Kristoffer Ajer and Ryan Christie have been linked with moves away from the Scottish champions.

The extended summer transfer window closes on Monday and Lennon hopes to "add one" to his squad.

"Basically we want the week to end as quickly as possible. We want to keep all the players," he said.

"If we can add one, great, if we can't I'm still very happy with the bunch of players we've got.

"They will get better now things will settle down, there will be a lot more focus on our season after that.

"The club are quite strong on that we want to keep all our assets and that will be the case regardless of the result."

Winger James Forrest has been ruled out until mid-October, meaning he will miss Scotland's upcoming matches.

Lennon is concerned about what impact the international fixtures will have on his squad.

"It's not just the Scottish boys, all the international boys going away could be involved in three games, they could play on the Wednesday, travel home, then have a game on the Saturday," Lennon explained.

4. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    After Lenny's comments today it would take a crazy bid for us to lose any of our top players. This is a message of intent by the board that they are taking 10 in a row very seriously because they could have easily cashed in on Edouard in this transfer window but it looks like he's not for sale end of. We've made some very good signings in this transfer window but the biggest positive of all is that it looks like we are keeping our top players, its massively important because these are players who have the knowledge and experience to win the league. Our players can can handle the pressure which they have proved time and time again, something that the huns just dont have.

5. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Yes, we have a squad of proven winners, been over the course many times, and that will be the difference as the season progresses.

6. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Can’t say I’ve noticed anything that suggests a lack of emotion when we score. Any particular examples?

7. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Has anyone actually been linked with Eddy?

8. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Villa & BHA, not exactly EPL big guns, suspect both will be fighting relegation most of the season.

9. Jeremie Frimpong

Crystal Palace, as well.

10. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

That first paragraph is your problem in a nutshell. Entitled, spoiled bollocks

Honestly what a steaming pile of * that post is, I'm embarrassed for you :giggle1:

Gabriel and Mince.Charming like this.
  11. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    So you dont expect to beat hibs and the likes? As I said before you havnt a * clue ya clown

12. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

You are pleased that players don't celebrate scoring in domestic games ya complete nugget.

Like I said, embarrassing.

Maybe I'm a happy clapper but I cheer when we win the * coin toss. You carry in though. What a miserable time you must have watching Celtic win all those domestic trophies and winning games in Scotland.

Dont know why you bother really.

Gabriel likes this.
  13. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I really have ruffled your feathers ya wee *:56: you only watch football for men celebrating

14. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

You're either thick or a troll. Probably both.

I'll leave you to play with the buses.

15. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Tell me how embarrassed you are again. Numpty..

16. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Big big night for the club but huge for the manager. He has to get it right tonight or the blowback will be off the charts.

I trust that he will.

Spring Time and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  17. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Terrible so far.

We lack any real shape or tactic. To me it just looks like we are hoping individuals can come up with something. If you look at that can you really tell what our tactic is??

Midfield non existent.

18. Aidan O’Shea

He is tactically inept.

19. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    I hope so but I’m not as confident as you. We have seen this * show before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Team running on fumes these last few weeks. No creativity no tactical changes.