1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] FK Sarajevo v Celtic: Thursday 1st Oct 2020: UEFA Europa League Play Off Round: 7pm

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Drakhan, Sep 25, 2020.

Discuss FK Sarajevo v Celtic: Thursday 1st Oct 2020: UEFA Europa League Play Off Round: 7pm in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Disagree, how would season ticket holders not be losing out on literally their only benefit to date over and above paying full price to watch a stream for home games?

2. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

It’s meant to log you out if you log in on another device but I’ve never actually tried.

3. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Like I’ve said a million times, no sympathy for * who moan about bad streams or lack of streams when we have shelled out £500+ to watch it the same way as you (by choice I know).

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  4. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Tbf I never asked for your sympathy hence me laughing at your initial response because it was funny.

All about perspective. I'll complain to the roof tops about not being able to watch Celtic, fully aware that there are people in third world countries scoffing at the idea that I live such a life that I'm in the fortunate position to * and moan about something like that.

Slaw likes this.
  5. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

What does it matter to season ticket holders whether I can watch the game or not? I get your point they deserve their money’s worth but the exclusivity of the viewing is no actual benefit to season ticket holders.

I’m sure I’ll get a stream anyway

Hammy89 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

They wouldn't be losing the benefit, you could give STH the game for free on the pass and charge non-STH say £10-15 for a single match pass for the game.

Win - Win for all.

7. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    It does, my daughter tried to use mines whilst I was at work and using it I was kicked offline.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  8. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I agree it could’ve been opened to the rest of the fans, that said I can see why the club are protecting their biggest asset which is season tickets.

9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

So what benefit is the season ticket holder gaining? Surely you can see that isn’t a win win for all when they could have not bought their season ticket and just paid a tenner for it?

10. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Christ I’d be fuming :giggle1:

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  11. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

A game that wasn't included in the initial sale and that they wouldn't have got for free if Prem Sports or BT picked it up.

I don't know how anyone could feel aggrieved with that. We get the game, other tims get the game and the club gets extra revenue.

It's different from individual sales of home League games if they were any less than the pro-rata average of a season ticket (£30ish)

12. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I’d be doing the same in your shoes. Perspective, as you say.

Hammy89 likes this.
  13. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I was ok because I was watching it with my mate on the iPad who is also a season ticket holder, we just signed in on his account. :giggle1:

MacEwan likes this.
  14. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I’m not a season ticket holder so I’m not coming at it from that angle.

To give them the benefit of a ‘free’ game for paying 30 quid a whip minimum to watch a shoddy stream instead of being in the stadium for them to then offer it for a third of that to all and sundry would be a slap in the face.

15. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I can only speak for myself but I think everyone knew that the price of a season book in the context of just being access to a stream was pretty poor value for money.

But in the context of it being the biggest income stream we have and allowing us to retain our best players, strengthen the squad, push for the 10 and get a stream I personally do see it as value.

Had Premier Sports picked the game up then I'd have to pay £10 a month to see it and the club would make a bit of extra cash. They've not so they've now decided to give it out to us for free, which I'm grateful for but if other Tims can get to see it and the club can make a little extra then I don't see the harm in it. Again, just my opinion. Others might disagree.

16. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

imagine they done this and all the season ticket holders streams went to pot

they would get pelters for it and majorly * off that asset group of season ticket holders, so i dont see them doing it unless they have a way to substantially create the room/bandwidth for what they reckon might be the numbers wanting to pay to watch

have they done a pay per view stream themselves celtic ?

17. Almir Sarajevo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You ll never walk alone
    Thanks...

Wow... 53000 season ticket holders. Full respect. Big club and bigger fans.

Rydo1888*, tarboltontim and Dan Breen like this.
  18. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    As of 2003 Celtic's fanbase worldwide was supposed to be about 9 million with more than 160 supporters clubs in more than 20 countries.
    If Scottish football was a better product with a lot more supporters going to games Celtic could easily fill a much bigger stadium than they currently have.
    They have the highest attendance record for any European club at a European match when they played Leeds utd in semi final of 1970 European Cup playing in front of 136,505 fans at Hampden park.

Almir Sarajevo likes this.
  19. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I personally find the 9 million figure hard to believe, yes we have a global support but I find it way over exaggerated. The bigger stadium point you keep banging on about is void imo, have you been to games at home to Hamilton or Ross County?

20. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    That's why i said "If Scottish football was a better product"