1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Manny Perez and Andrew Gutman join Celtic with eye to the future

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Jan 31, 2019.

Discuss Manny Perez and Andrew Gutman join Celtic with eye to the future in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Think he’s been pushed further up the park when he’s played.

Will be interesting to see what happens with him.

JC Anton likes this.
  2. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

Like all our rb's are?

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

As if he’s playing Right mid.

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CHICAGO (Oct. 7, 2019)—Two players have been replaced on the U.S. Under-23 Men’s National Team roster for its October training camp, which culminates in a match against El Salvador on Oct. 15 in Miami, Fla.

Defender Kyle Duncan suffered an injury during the New York Red Bulls’ 3-0 loss to Montreal on Sunday. North Carolina FC defender Manny Perez will replace Duncan in South Florida. The outside back was a part of the USA squad that won the 2018 Concacaf U-20 Championship in Bradenton, Fla. and has made 19 appearances for North Carolina this season.

Additionally, defender Miles Robinson has been called up to the senior MNT for the upcoming Nations League matches against Cuba and Canada after defender Walker Zimmerman was forced to withdraw from the roster due to injury. Robinson earned his first call-up to the full team during the Sept. international window and earned his first two caps vs. Mexico and Uruguay.

Robinson will be replaced by Philadelphia Union defender Auston Trusty. Trusty has been a part of the last two U-23 MNT camps and has made 22 appearances this season for the Union, helping the team to the No. 3 seed in the Eastern Conference.

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/20...nd-miles-robinson-on-u23-usmnt-october-roster

Rydo1888* and tarboltontim like this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Triangle native and Celtic F.C. winger Manny Perez has joined North Carolina FC on loan for a second consecutive season, the club announced Wednesday. The transaction is pending league and federation approval, and no further details were disclosed, per club policy.

Perez, 20, spent the 2019 season at NCFC, recording five assists in 23 matches across all competitions. Perez, of Garner, is an alumnus of the NCFC Youth Academy and played two seasons at N.C. State.

“I’m really pleased that we’re able to get Manny back for season two with the club,” NCFC head coach Dave Sarachan said. “I felt that Manny really grew from the very beginning of the year to the end as a professional. He had some injuries that sort of set him back, but I think he’ll have a much better starting point leading into our season compared to a year ago. He has a lot of ability that will hopefully come out.”

Perez signed with the 50-time Scottish champions in January 2019, inking a deal for three and a half years with Celtic before remaining close to home and contributing to a 2019 NCFC squad that won 16 matches and reached the USL Championship Playoffs.

Named the U.S. Development Academy Player of the Year in 2016 in the East Conference, Perez has 12 caps on the international stage with the U.S. at the U-18, U-20 and U-23 levels. In October 2019, Perez scored on his U-23 debut in a 6-1 win over El Salvador.

With Perez back in the fold, NCFC’s 2020 roster includes 13 returnees from last year’s squad. NCFC begins the 2020 USL Championship season at home against Louisville City FC on Saturday, March 7 at 2:30 p.m. at Sahlen’s Stadium at WakeMed Soccer Park.

tarboltontim likes this.
  6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Would've been better if he'd gone to an MLS side now..

7. BrisbaneBhoy

I had forgotten all about these two.

8. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Or an SPL side??

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Great finish, shame he'll never wear the hoops.

12. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

are we paying these 2 guys ?

what was this a punt in the hope they achieved full international status playing enough games that would allow them to ply their trade in the UK ?

Cammaris likes this.
  13. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Forgot about Gutman, he looked good in last years pre-season as well, would suit being a wing back with his pace and attacking game. 2 pointless signings though if we can’t actually * get them over here.

Dan Breen likes this.
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Banging the goals in these days.

Manny Alves.

:lenny2:

Peej likes this.
  16. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Who does Gutman play for?

17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Anyone any clue how close or far from being able to play here?

Honestly no idea how it all works in technical terms.

They are paid by Celtic, so they clearly are employed by Celtic. They (gutman at least) played for Celtic in non competitive matches, thus allowed to actively at least work in the UK.

So I can only assume, really, it's not a work permit issue in the traditional sense of me and you needing one.
    So who/what's actually holding this up from them being able to play in a competitive match?
    Their paychecks still come via Celtic regardless, so their employment has to surely be from us.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

18. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I'll start with I'm not an expert so could well be wrong, I have some experience with international employment through previous jobs

The employment doesn't matter really, Celtic football club as an entity work internationally (scouts etc mor than just we play games outside the UK) and a UK company can employ anyone they like but working in the UK is a different item where visas and permits are required, Scotland rules on Non EU footballers for a permit require that they have played 75% of international games in the past 2 years or by exemption by a specially convened panel (source, BBC news article Google "Scotland footballer Work permit rules, will also be in the SFA docs but they're a *) typically international players are granted an exemption if they are appearing in the full international team there are other ways and items that come into consideration (Koki Mizuno was granted an exception by appeal on grounds of his potential to be an asset, although he did have a number of international caps already)

The games that they played were in a short period so they could come over and play in that short period but would not be allowed to stay for a prolonged period.

I'm terms of them being able to get permits the most likely is that they make an impression at international lever breaking into the USMNT and playing at international level, potentially if they get team of season level performance to go with the youth caps etc as well there's a chance they may be granted a permit. From a business perspective even if they don't get a permit for next year they will have developed and become a saleable asset and we could make a bit as well as establishing a link to the US which is a potentially lucrative market

Peej likes this.
  19. Foley1888

I’ve noticed Bundesliga teams have started forming these sorts of partnerships with MLS teams Hoffienhiem signed one recently. For the business side of things and access to players.

Gutmans game time for us was in Austria was it not? The work permit rules do hammer us though and prevent getting in some good players from non EU leagues where competitor leagues like Austria, Denmark, Norway and Sweden all seem to be able to sign players from these regions Belgium as well.

20. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Different rules on it from the organisations, they could juts go straight up work sponsor type things like in most other industries but that still varies by nation on how they can work, eligibility and such its always a complicated thing, brexit has potential to * it up even more with the rules on immigration but if I remember right they had sort of agreed not to brexit the * out of football

Peej likes this.