1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Riga FC v Celtic Thursday 24th September 6PM premier sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Sep 19, 2020.

Discuss Riga FC v Celtic Thursday 24th September 6PM premier sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. joemc

Everything said spot on i would say ,apart from management and doesnt know his best team ,I feel its clearly the size of our squad and keeping them match fit and motivated is as important as 3 points tbh , if u look at mo ,he came on and scored , frimpong came on and rattled them so the players that are being asked to step in are ready to and can effect the game ,thats the key to winning games that are touch and go .

2. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Him I’d rather have any * at LB that Greg Taylor, he offers absolutely nothing defensively, runs down the flank his cross doesn’t get past the first defender or he cuts inside onto his right which he can’t use and plays a backward pass, feel sorry the guy no his fault just not good enough

I’d play Griffiths at LB before Taylor even Bain if he’s fit

3. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    The comment is spot on , but calling him a * is out of order mate

4. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    I know mate I regret it but heat of the mo and all that

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Slater67 likes this.
  5. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
  6. Jeroen

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Some of our supporters have been on radio tonight saying that we won’t beat Sarajevo next week. Surely these opinions aren’t shared by the majority of fans? I’m not denying it will be a stiffer test than Riga was, but think we’ll still emerge victorious.

Thoughts?

7. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    Problem with that is Lenny seems to take an age to change things or make a sub!!
    Christ, we have 5 subs available and he regularly doesn’t use them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Know what you’re saying though mate, if Lennon came out after that game last night and a few other performances and said something after it like “ we were no where near our best tonight in fact we were really poor, it’s job done but we really must improve a helluva lot “, a would be fairly happy with that but a performance v a team who were on par with Lincoln red imps to get out of jail with a last minute goal, and to say after it “ we were excellent “, is absolutely ridiculous, if he thinks that was excellent it’s very worrying but he probably doesn’t and knows it was poor so it’s unfair on the fans to bullshit them like that, were paying premier sports, virtual season ticket s to back the team the least he can do is be honest with us

9. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    I think good starting 11 and if I play anywhere near the standard we are capable of, think we should be too good for them, a mind last time we lost an early goal v them But came back and ended up winning convincingly 3-1 going on 5-1 , won’t be easy, fact it’s away but we are a better team than them depending whether we turn up or not

only positive for me at present is we know the majority of that team can perform to a much better level they’ve proved it and as stinking as we have been And ferencvaros game aside we win our game in hand and we are two points clear at the top of the league , a keep thinking there will be a turning point when we start clicking again, hopefully before Huns game

10. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Mate its never good when any player gets injured, but you rejoicing when Jimmy is hobbled?

Seriously mate. Get a * grip

Jeroen likes this.
  11. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

This forum is an utter shitshow these days.

12. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Any Celtic Fan who does not think we should do as well as possible each season in Europe is not a true Celtic Fan,end of

13. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Show me where I rejoiced in it? :56:

All I said was this could be a good thing and it was.. :50:

charlietully likes this.
  14. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    Think a lot of over-reacting in this thread. We didn't play great but they had two banks of 5 from the off and had some ridiculous luck with our chances.

It wasn't a great performance but the job is done, if we have another successful group stage it will be long forgotten.

Remember that mob beat Copenhagen there last season as well, they were no mugs.

Jeroen likes this.
  15. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

no tempo to our game this season, it seems when teams park the bus that stops us from playing with any tempo

and because its banks of 5 and no tempo we cant get the wide men behind their defence which is why forrest and taylor arent getting beyond them and getting crosses in

teams are setting up this way against us because it works to an extent it gives inferior teams and players half a chance

if we had 2 or 3 players in the attacking third that could do some magic we get results and mess up these teams game plans and make them come out of their shells

we do have a few players with that magic but they dont seem to be on form but weve got to pass the ball quicker and play with a higher tempo to hurt teams

were playing into other teams hands this season