1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Riga FC v Celtic Thursday 24th September 6PM premier sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Sep 19, 2020.

Discuss Riga FC v Celtic Thursday 24th September 6PM premier sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Never lets us down. HH

2. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

I don't agree with players not interested, heads being turned, dressing room lost etc. Our lack of form and performances is down to the management. Poor tactics, team selection and making up formations to suit Lennons need to keep his favourites playing. We need a settled formation that the players understand and playing in their natural positions

NakamuraTastic and john2061 like this.
  3. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Shoehorning them 4 in nearly every game now it doesnt work we can all see it . Where is Rogic ? He is the kind of player we are desperate to have in games against 10 defenders and hes nowhere to be seen

4. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    A poor win but a win all the same, form is a bit concerning the noo with some important league games coming up. The teams balance just seems off this season, left back needs addressed pretty urgently and just a lack of real movement from middle to front.

Anyways enjoy yer night Bhoys, I'm away tae stuff my face with cheese toasties.

5. CountyDownFaithful

Tonight’s got to be the wake up call for the management team.

If that went the other way tonight I would have been wanting Lennon sacked.

He needs to start picking a settled team in a settled formation. We all know 3-5-2 is our best formation, and he needs to start having hard conversations with Brown and Forrest. They simply aren’t playing well enough to start every week and leave players like Elyounoussi, Frimpong and Turnbull on the bench.

For a man who wanted us to play more direct he hasn’t half done well at picking a pedestrian team and a conservative style.

6. stew37

I just don't get how he can't see things aren't working in the middle especially, there's absolutely no spark. It's frustrating as *. I fear for Sunday. Hibs are far better team than this mob were.

Artorias likes this.
  7. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    This is becoming more true by the game, the next 2 games will, for me, decide this

seanm likes this.
  8. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I admire when people can view and see where it's going wrong in football. I am * at it but am no managing Celtic. Really disappointing at a poor performance like that. Thought we were going to romp 2nd half.

9. Jeroen

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Lennon’s doing well in spite of all the pressure. I still think he’s the man for the job and still think we’ll win the league for 10IAR. That’s all that matters this season. Rangers are average at best, imo. Gerrard’s a decent enough manager and has done reasonably well with them, but, mark my words, we’ll still beat them. They haven’t been tested yet. We have a better, bigger and more versatile squad than they do. Lennon will get it right for the 17th October. Keep the faith, bhoys an’ ghirls!

10. joemc

Watching us atm I feels like this team has lost its hunger ,maybe am wrong and they tried not to be suckered punched ,but the energy wasn t there , and thats something a lennon team never lacks , something feels not right , defo tonight is the first time I actually felt eddy was not trying a leg , think the fact we've no hit top gear in the year we most need to and they are playing better means we get frustrated as * seeing us struggle .

11. Craiglang Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    LTPS
    Forrest out for Hibs game

12. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

13. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Perhaps 3-5-2 isn't our best formation, and we need something like a 4-3-1-2?

14. stew37

It's seems mental that the players could lose their hunger in this season of all, if that is the issue, they're on the cusp of being part of something very special.

I don't think it's a lack of effort, there's just a real lack of spark, and nothing is really clicking. We're slow to get to the edge of the box and when we get there we usually don't seem to know how to penetrate. I think it's absolutely time to give Turnbull a run and show what he can do.

joemc likes this.
  15. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    You would think so given he went off injured that early in the game. I imagine Frimpong will start on Sunday which his performance today fully merits anyway.

packybhoy likes this.
  16. bowroadbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song, Oh' Hampden in the sun,Fields of Athenry
    Diabolical performance, thank * for Frimpong. Lennon needs to have a long look at his tactics so far this season, they're not really working. No one in that team tonight should be guaranteed a place (Apart from Frimpong); we have a big squad for heaven's sake use it.

17. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    That’s the issue, there is no pressure and if there are is he’s putting it on upon himself. Wrong tactics, formations, refusal to drop a player 2 seasons bast his sell by date. The standard we’ve faced so far has been terrible at most.

18. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Brown and christie imo need benched.

Ajeti and eddie need to start pretty much every game.

Too much favourites happening in our most important season

Tommy25 and CountyDownFaithful like this.
  19. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Worst performance of the night? Has to be Lennon, his post match interview was predictable. I don't know what match he was watching but it certainly wasn't the one we were all watching.

Rydo1888*, Tommy25 and greengrocer like this.
  20. joemc

Maybe my wording is wrong but yeh the spark missing is a better way of putting it or energy is missing , cant be easy playing against that system week In week out , but we keep banging our head against the wall by doing exactly the same things ,side to side , its only when frimpong had a run at them it changed and made them have to break their lines to cover , someone mentioned a rogic or even mikey Johnston wen fit would help against that system .

21. gandolf

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc and Mick
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Joe McDonnell
    Horrible to watch, but it was very comfortable. That mob never looked like scoring. Not sure dropping Brown against a dangerous Hibs team is the answer. But it’s got to happen soon, would like to see a central three of Ntcham, McGregor and Turnbull

22. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    It is extremely frustrating. I think perhaps I'm more frustrated not by the fact Ajeti isn't starting, but that we're not starting 2 forwards as opposed to a forward & an attacking mid. And occasionally no forward :39:
    352 is our best formation imo. Theres no place for wingers in that formation for me, which make Forrest Johnson & Moi redundant. Evan as wingbacks, an out and out winger cannot play that position effectively. Maybe Moi could be that attacking mid, the 10, I believe hes better than Christie there. But again I'd rather Eddie & Ajeti starting there, perhaps Moi behind them?
    Frimpong starts every game, hes exactly the type of player we need, massively energetic. Christie had it last 2 seasons but its noticeably missing right now.
    My preferred starting 11 right now with what's currently available doesn't include Forrest, Brown, Ntcham, Ajer. Amazing to think that. Ask me tomorrow I'll probably have a different selection, bit like Lenny :celt_2: