1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TheHappyLoss

Ah mate sorry but we were pish tonight. Hopefully it clicks soon.

2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Obviously it’s all about opinions but the general consensus seems to be it was another turgid, uninspiring performance. At best.

3. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    They had three scrambles at the goal line to stop us scoring. It wasn’t pretty but we weren’t * by any stretch of the imagination tonight.

4. Sgt Neppers*

Or stick for not starting them...

jamiebhoy67 likes this.
  5. TheHappyLoss

Delighted we won and hopefully kick on, but do you think that kinda performance against * like that isn’t a concern? We have the best players in the league by a distance but we are playing very poorly.

6. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It does when you’re commenting in relation to and in the immediate aftermath of tonight’s win.

Mince.Charming likes this.
  7. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Lennon's management style will win us games against big teams like barca. Against * teams who do his plan, just doesnt work. Needs to attack.

8. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    We were *, a poor team like that even parked bus we should be putting non stop pressure on them, we were lethargic and just going through the motions.

MagnificentSeven likes this.
  9. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It was always going to be a frustrating match when they camp in their box like that. Of course we need better performances from some players, but at no point did I see us losing tonight. We were firmly in control.

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  10. TheHappyLoss

Someone posted in another forum

Away results in Europe since he came back

FK Sarajevo 1-3 Celtic
    Nomme Kalju 0-2 Celtic
    CFR Cluj 1-1 Celtic
    AIK 1-4 Celtic
    Rennes 1-1 Celtic
    Lazio 1-2 Celtic
    CFR Cluj 2-0 Celtic = dead rubber
    FC Copenhagen 1-1 Celtic
    Riga 0-1 Celtic

Played 9
    Won 5
    Draws 3
    Lost 1

Might not always be the best performances but the job gets done.

11. James Gold Member Gold Member

Why? he's not wrong

12. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    not europe but domestically also were are playing dire, i like winning but also like to see us playing our best, we just seem to be playing like we dont have to try to win.

13. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

Mentioned it in the match thread but there’s something seriously wrong this season. Team going through the motions each week. Lennons decisions this season so far have been appalling, getting to the point now where you can’t defend him. Clear as day that there’s some players not playing for him.

14. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I disagree.

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL: "I thought we were very good. We had to wait a long time for the goal. Sometimes that happens in football. I thought we were excellent and our mentality was good. We missed a couple of really good chances to make life a little bit easier for us."

NL: "Moi’s come up with a great goal and I’m delighted with the performance. It’s not easy playing away from home but it was a good performance and a very important win. It takes two teams to make a game watchable and Riga set out their intentions from very early on

NL: "Frimpong was superb second half. He’s put two beautiful crosses in and we should have scored off both of them. Then he comes up with another really good one. Albian makes a good run across the defender and a fantastic finish by Moi."

NL: "Moi's been out of the team for a few games and hasn’t been at his best but he’s trained brilliantly and he sets a great example for the rest of the squad. He comes up with a really important goal and I couldn’t be happier for him."

NL : "Jerry (Frimpong) is starting to look more like himself. He’s got a proper pair of boots on and he looks more comfortable. He gave us that verve and that impetus going forward. We looked strong at the back, strong in midfield with good fitness levels.

NL: ". It’s a difficult place whether there are fans or not. Copenhagen lost here last year so we were very wary of how difficult the game was going to be but I think we’ve handled it very well.

NL (on James Forrest): "He’s got bone bruising in his ankle so well have to see. It’ll have to be scanned either tomorrow or Saturday so he’ll not make the weekend."

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  16. James Gold Member Gold Member

I disagree with your disagreement :D

Callum McGregor likes this.
  17. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    We were excellent. * *.

Please hire a proper * manager.

18. jamiebhoy67

Well he's not gonna say we were * is he what good does that do for the moral of the team calm down man.

19. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

It almost feels like Lennon has no impact on how the team plays. He picks a team and then we either play well or we don't, simple as that. I know we probably work on loads of stuff in training during the week but the performances just aren't showing it.

We look sloppy, slow and disjointed again tonight with a huge reliance on individual moments rather than patterns of play, which feels like a bit of a running theme early in the season.

The only real threat we had tonight was when Frimpong got the ball and ran at people. That's not something you work on, or any kind of coaching, that's just relying on someone to 'make something happen'.

The issue with Taylor is really * me off now. Because of his inability to take players out of the game we're always forced backwards when he receives the ball one-on-one against the opposing full-back. He was constantly left open because Riga know he can't or won't take a man on, so they can basically focus on defending the central area and try and crowd out Frimpong on the right. Every team we play knows this, too.

At least some of the time, I'd like to see Taylor take a touch inside and have McGregor make a run down the outside. It means either the full-back has to follow McGregor which would leave space for Taylor to drive into, or it means a midfielder would follow McGregor which opens up the centre of the pitch, or nobody follows McGregor and he can potentially get a free cross into the box. Not once did I see us do any of that!

It's fine to leave Frimpong along on the right vs a full-back - that's actually what we should be looking to do, but if we're going to play Taylor he needs people to help him out an awful lot.

20. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

That's about 3 games now he's said we've been very good when in fact we've been absolute *. I hope he rinsed them all in the dressing room cause it was a pathetic showing and his tactics and selection weren't any better.

Gubbed Ross County 5-0 and that's 3 games now he's not played the same team since, no consistency in team selection or formation is ruining our play and confidence. Clear as * day, he'll take off Eddy, Forrest, Ntcham but not take off Brown unless winning by 3.

Marty McFly likes this.