1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic pub in Inverness?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Captain Brown, Sep 10, 2020.

Discuss Celtic pub in Inverness? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Does anyone know of any Celtic pubs in Inverness? Going up there in October with the family and will be there for the game against the huns.

2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Highland Hoops CSC will have it.

Captain Brown likes this.
  3. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Surely you don't actually get Celtic or them pubs up there? I'd expect a place to watch the game though.

4. rickythescot Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry
    Its a Celtic man that owns the Gellions. Usually has the games on and a decent pub also:50:

Edit.... Just to note.... likely need to put up with the huns in there also.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
    Captain Brown likes this.
  5. stew37

Definitely get pubs that sway towards one team anyway, I've been in one in Montrose and the folk I was speaking to said it was like a wee unofficial supporters club. Also watched a game against the huns a couple years ago in Nairn and it was all Celtic fans.

Captain Brown and KRS-1888 like this.
  6. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Totally ignorant on my part tbh...haven't really been North much...been in a pub in Newtonmore once and they were all indifferent,only cared about the local shinty team.

Captain Brown and stew37 like this.
  7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    See that Montrose CSC flag at game's all the time..

Sure there's a few up the Highlands way that I've seen like Buckie at game's and possibly Wick but other's will know better..

Captain Brown and stew37 like this.
  8. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The 3-0 game where Hooper and Commons scored, I was watching that in Wick. Was a mixed pub.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  9. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
  10. Zanderama

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ALL OF THEM!!!!
    There's no Celtic bars as such in Inverness. The Portland Club was seen as a huns pub coz that's where they met to get the supporters bus. But now it's a Mosque (stop laughing). Pubs are all mixed in Inverness. I mind they had a Sevco shop in town centre, right beside the Orange phone shop.

11. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Even Celticbars website doesn't list anywhere in Inverness which is saying something as he's pretty good on them.

12. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Yeah been in Inverness for plenty games and don’t know of a single Celtic bar. Everywhere is mixed and you could in all likelihood watch the game anywhere without any issues.

13. Gundog Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I think this far North you need to live in the town to know them and they are not die hard pubs that a fan of the other side would necessarily be afraid to be in during a game against them. It just tends to be pubs that have a preference to the games they show and does not go any further than that. I know in the last wee town I lived my local would have been considered a hun pub :fear: but there was no blue banners and only a hun pub cos thats what people say, it was a pretty quite place wi old yins that liked the banter (and the Celtic pub was a rough dive, although again only a Celtic pub cos thats what fok said, i dont even think it had a TV ffs). I do mind one of the more well know nutters who is a Celtic fan going into said hun bar once and turning their game off and putting STV on and nobody had the balls to take him on , just asked nicely if hed turn it back over and he said he wants to watch Corrie :rofl:

14. jimbobers Gold Member Gold Member

Not a celtic bar but platform 8 , beside the train station is decent , has loads of screens , foods ok as well .

15. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    This is going back about 10 years but I was working up in Inverness and the Glenalbyn bar was 100% Celtic supporters when the game was on, busy bar too. Not sure what its like now but at the time I would describe it as bonafide 'Celtic pub'. Could be worth sticking your head in to see if its still the same.

16. Paul McAuley

There’s none in Inverness. They’ll show the game but it will be a mixed crowd.

Oscars in Dingwall I would recommend will be mainly Celtic fans. A remember once tho The Wick CSC where in and it kicked off. Pub was turned upside doon but that was between Celtic fans. The owners a Celtic fan from Dublin and there’s heaps of Rebs in the jukebox. Can’t say what it will be like with the new covid rules. Most likely open the function room.

17. Zanderama

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ALL OF THEM!!!!
    Used to go to the Haugh Bar in Inverness. Was mostly Celtic fans. Plus they had 2 bars/entrances, so old firm games Celtic fans be in one bar, and huns next door. Watched uefa cup final there and place was mental afterwards. When the huns beat us to the league on goal difference (think Alan Thompson missed a penalty) I was in the wrong part of the bar. Booted a heavy chair, it hit someone, broke ma foot, got thrown out by a bunch of scum. That was a * day. Was a great pub but shut down now