1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

:50:

seanm likes this.
  2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

So if he didn't change things and we won the League it would be in spite of Lennon, yes?

3. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    That’s an entirely different question to your previous post and point, which was a misrepresentation of what I had said :43::50:

4. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

* is going on?

Teams can win the league in spite of their manager. That’s not even up for debate. The examples of Sarri at Juve and Kovac at Bayern are good ones.

Two managers who were out of their depth/couldn’t impose their philosophy, which resulted in poor performances, but they still managed to win enough games because the teams were full of world class players who were capable of individual brilliance.

Tim-Time 1888, seanm and Valhalla like this.
  6. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    I think Lennon's not coping tbh.

He looks exhausted, making contradictory statements every other week and picking wrong teams.

He's looking and acting like a manager who is second guessing himself. And that's not the Neil we know.

Gioventu and seanm like this.
  7. seanm

if your struggling as a manager you simply pick and start you strongest team and safest formation. ie 352 for us and all our best 11.simple and stick too it. personally 442 formation for me.HH

8. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Great post... While you have others on here banging on about whether we could win the league without a manager or not

9. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Here's a plan. Sack the manager. Win 20 in a row with no manager. Then use the money we would have wasted on a manager to buy better players. Then become the first team to win the champions league with no manager.

Hopefully Bayern don't sack their manager this year and beat us to it.

10. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    I think Broony is man enough as well to admit it as well, both will be talking about it I'm sure

buchanbhoy likes this.
  11. DragQueenHoops

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    We seem to be missing some organisation with our pressing and defence atm. Which is very concerning.

My problem with our pressing atm is that it doesn't seem planned, not pressing correct triggers like back or sideways passing poor control. Just pressing straight after loosing the ball then nout and letting them advance into our half all too easily as well.

Really need this sorted

12. Maestro 08

I don't. Recent comments suggest he thinks he's as fit as ever. It will be hard to take for Brown if he has to sit out games after being a mainstay for so long. If he was of that thinking I don't see why he is still playing every minute of every game. He'll be telling Lennon he's ready and fit, that's just how he is and probably genuinely how he feels.

Brown 10 days ago:

“I’m feeling like 21 again, don’t you worry!” Brown said when asked how he was coping physically.

“I had four days off there, so I’m alright.

“The international break is great for me, I get to recharge my batteries and I get to go again".

Brown prior to season starting:

"But for now I think I'm probably as fit as I have been, I've managed to keep the fitness levels at that maximum level for the last three or four years".

13. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Fair point but I think when he sits down away from the media and looks at his performances with the management team he will speak differently.
    I think Lenny has given him a chance to get back up to speed and I think they will both know he is falling short now.
    Broony has also stated previously that he will be honest enough to admit when his time is up and I believe he will

14. Maestro 08

If they both genuinely thought he was falling short that would have been most evident after the Ferencvaros defeat, since then I think he's played just about every minute. Even at 3-1 yesterday when we looked to be cruising he wasn't getting subbed.

With the rumours that Lennon has said Brown will need to sit matches out, I think people are mad if they thinks it's bcos Lennon and Brown have come to the conclusion that his legs are going. Its without doubt for me bcos we have so many options now. Same for Christie sitting out or Forrest or Elyonoussi recently. Prob Ntcham, Calmac will do the same.

15. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Should of been sacked after that horror show against that Hungarian mob... anyway..

To me it looks like hes terrified of losing games rather than going out to really win games.. so many defensive minded players yesterday at home to poxy Livingston.

Lennon will be happy to win every game game this season by a scrappy 1-0 or 2-1 and declare hes delighted to do so.

We will probably win the league by the simple fact we have players that can produce moments of brilliance in a game not because the team is playing well and playing decent football.

Anyone expecting decent free flowing attcking football this season may turn away now.

16. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    He also hasn't got the balls to drop Broony..

17. Mince.Charming

You're a * clown. Honestly don't understand * like you.

You think we should sack a manager that won the league and a cup last year and bring in an unknown manager when we are going for ten in a row because our form has been bad.
    We are playing games behind closed doors with no fans.
    Honestly * Europe. It probably won't even get finished. The league is all that matters this year.
    We started bad last year, heard the same pish after a nervy game against Dunfermline and we still managed to have a successful season. When we beat Lazio twice, I remember it was we would rather have Lennon than Rodgers etc.

We arent playing well but still grinding out results.

18. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Hopefully includes you

19. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I'm not sure he is, he may say he is but I feel if he actually believed it he would have been rotated like so many others. I really hope I'm wrong as I don't want some fans to not fully appreciate what he has done.

Maestro 08 likes this.
  20. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    Managed to rest our best player, we win and the zombies drop points.

Great weekend