1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

6 games in...

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, Sep 17, 2020.

Discuss 6 games in... in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

When was the last time we lost an away game in the league?

2. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Dunno mate. I'll ask Neil later when I meet him for beers in Tennents.

3. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I was asking for your opinion.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I know, I was just joking :giggle1:

I would definitely be looking to rotate him more that's for sure.

Rydo1888* and Slaw like this.
  5. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    I'm content with where we are at this moment in time. Given the larger predicament.

Ideally, I would like us to be more settled and a rise in the standards of general play. I believe we will raise that level in the coming weeks and months.

We had a good opening to the domestic season and then it shuddered to a halt with around the Boli holiday/Killie away. After waiting so long to get started, we were back to being idle for 2 games and off the back of avoidable dropped points. Then another setback with Frenecvaros. All of the former were results of individual errors. So they've had to deal with some adversity already.

We're going to need a good squad of players for the coming season to deal with the demands. I think we have a good squad with plenty of quality and match winning ability. Many whom have been over the course before. Griffiths and Rogic haven't even had a sniff of playing time so far. Turnbull just in the door, is a very good addition (IMO). We've added Duffy to the defence and he's proven that he could become valuable. Ajeti likewise, still not game ready but already showing his value in front of goals. The left side is a concern, which I would like us to address or have addressed by the end of the transfer window. I would be quite comfortable playing a 3-4-3 at home in the majority of games, especially with the way teams almost refuse to take part in attacking football of any sort. Plenty of options and combinations available within the squad.

Room for improvement? Yes. I would be more worried if there wasn't any.

6. Foley1888

Content with the points total but performances by in large need to improve. Its clear we need to get a settled side with a new option on the left as Taylor isn’t the answer neither is playing Forrest there.

Also the balance in midfield needs addressed, as the Brown, CalMac, Christie/Ntcham combinations haven’t looked great so far. After a Left wing back a better option at DM would be my next preference but it won’t happen. Even someone in as an option for the season would be good, could you imagine having a player like a, Mikel San Jose anchoring our midfield for a season or two?

We also need to get the Eddy and Ajeti partnership linking up.

The CL elimination is a sickner. After last night it also looks like there will be a fair few teams we you would fancy us against in the playoff leg but that ship has sailed.

7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

What?

You realise there’s a middle ground? He can be consistent in his team selection and still give players a run out.

The odd change to the starting XI is fine, if players are underperforming or someone is brilliant in training. But winning 5-0 and changing half the outfield team a few days later is mental.

And the use of subs is another way to give players a chance. No minutes for Soro or Turnbull last night, meanwhile 35 year old Scott Brown got the full 90 for the 4th time in the last 5 games.

8. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Domestically, 20 games ago

PicsArt_09-17-04.13.25.jpg

Seán Mac D and PaulM1888 like this.
  9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Away league form looks excellent to me!

It would stretch back even further if it was league form on * grass!

StPauli1916 and Marty McFly like this.
  10. MyNameIsMartin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and over
    Neil has two very big decisions to make in the next game with the consequences potentially being dire for the club if he doesn't wake up to the potential threat. Drop Brown and play one of CalMac/Soros/Ntcham/Turnbull (prefer CalMac myself). Secondly, sort the LWB problem out if Greg Taylor doesn't appear to be the answer. (I don't mind him but would hope we'd be open to bringing someone better in).

Right now, the team performance (individually) is a dice throwing exercise for me. I'd prefer not to gamble in one of the most important seasons in the clubs history.

HH.

11. mayo

Drop Brown, get Griffs fit, bring in a quality LWB and get this transfer window over and watch us become a different animal

LectersLuncheon and Dan Breen like this.
  12. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

We will win the league, irrespective of how bad we play as we’ve got too much individual quality.

Europe is an unmitigated disaster. Completely unforgivable. Not making the Champions League for 3 years on the spin for a club of our stature, with the wages we pay, and the route we are afforded, is an embarrassment and has set us back years.

13. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I appreciate what youre saying, but just think this season has been too unconvincing for my liking, and certainly the away games, even the Ross C game we were very slack.

And draws are just like defeats too.

Hoping we're going to improve, but the team just seem a bit off at the moment.

14. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Are they? lol

15. Fear Dearg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Pat Bonnar
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    We look very stale

Need to drop Broony for a start and sort out our left side

Pick 3-5-2 and stick with

The team definitely needs to be freshened up

16. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    No but they feel like it sometimes.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  17. john2061

Do you think so well the way Lennon is * up team selection with playing no strikers and with chopping and changing his side for no reason while we are trying to get Duffy and AJeti to get used to their new team mates .
    Lennon has a blind spot when it comes to brown and this will be his downfall if he doesn't see our captain isn't up to speed at the moment .
    He needs rested and playing him in every game is not helping the team and with the sevco game approaching I wouldn't have him in the side for that game as well .

18. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I suppose it's in the context of the game.

Our 2-2 draw at Livingston didn't feel like a defeat as we scored late on to secure it and went further ahead in the League while the Huns got beat off Hamilton.

When you analyse our 3 League losses since he returned it makes the record seem all the more impressive.

2-0 Livingston loss, down 10 men in the first half, defence had a mare.

2-0 loss v Huns at the end of 18/19 League campaign, deadest of dead rubbers with the League already won.

2-1 v Huns at the end of December 2019, Christie penalty miss, defence had another mare.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  19. RI Bhoy

Do you think the pressure of the 10iar may already be getting to them?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

20. Jeremie Frimpong

At Celtic, they might as well be.