1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

It’s good he can still have these moments that ultimately win games. But we need more from him, better opposition won’t be so forgiving.

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

3. MJ9 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Tell ye what, that’s pretty * impressive. I have my concerns about Lenny from time to time but that record is excellent.

bagforlife and Seán Mac D like this.
  4. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Can’t fault that, even the games we lost we could or should have won on thr day. A few tweaks and we could go further yet

bagforlife and Callum McGregor like this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL: Chris Jullien picked up a knock at training so we are assessing him today. The rest of the squad are fit and healthy apart from Mikey.”

NL: “We have a heavy schedule of games but it’s welcomed because the season has been stop-start. We are looking forward to it. We’ve got good depth and we’ll balance it off as best we can.”

NL: “They are a team with great spirit, energy and have given us problems over the past couple of years.”

NL on #CELLIV: “They’ve changed their style of play a little bit. They’ve been in a transition period going into this season. We expect Livingston to be difficult to beat and full of energy.“

NL: “I was delighted to get the win on Wednesday and I thought our intensity and attitude was fantastic. We dominated the game and now we look forward to tomorrow.”

NL: “Ryan was a positive influence in the game, he’s a player that’s very important and we’re starting to see the best of him as we go on.”

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

See he’s wanting a psychologist in. I’d back that. Although he’s talking about match preparation, I’d rather have one on site for general mental health.

bagforlife and packybhoy like this.
  8. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

That record is solid and a good pointer for those who get on Lennon’s back. 11 wins out of 18 in Europe and only 4 lost. TBF we should have won more in Europe.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  9. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

It’s the games he loses that matter for me though. It’s not Lazio and Rennes it’s Cluj, Copenhagen and Ferencvaros.

I never expect him to win every game but I’d much rather he won these games over Lazio etc.

Makes no sense. Monumental success, followed by monumental failure.

10. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Cluj and Ferencvaros certainly but there would be no Copenhagen game without the Lazio victories.

11. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

It’s great. But you’ve got to win these qualifying games before anything. Beating Lazio doesn’t sweep it under the carpet.

It’s like people bringing up Barcelona back in the day whenever someone was critical of Lennon.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  12. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    As soon as I heard that he wanted a psych in I thought maybe that's not the right thing to be putting out there at this time. I get his thinking behind it but it kind of sparks a question as to what the problem is in the squad. Remember a few weeks ago he was going on about people who didn't want to be here. I agree that we should have one on site anyway.

bagforlife, JC Anton and MacEwan like this.
  13. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

His tenure, is working out as expected for me, solid domestically if a bit uninspiring at times..

And out his depth tactically in general in Europe.

Officer Doofy, stew37 and Jeannie960 like this.
  14. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

It is worrying in a way. I’m not sure match prep is the genuine reason he wants someone in, surely he’s able to get the players up for a game.

Having one on site for the players to check in with is great though.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  15. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I thought he had to say something after DD mentioned it in his interview earlier, otherwise he would have made them both look foolish.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Slightly for me as well..

I'm sure a lot of club's use them but it's something I'd rather have flying under the radar..

He was talking about maybe using it for some player's individually as well as collectively....which indicates fragility with some..

It's just a guess of mine but I reckon it's to do with some player's lack of confidence also..

Isn't the best thing to be airing anyway but i could be wrong. If it work's, great..

Jeannie960 and MacEwan like this.
  17. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    tbh I never heard DD interview.

JC Anton likes this.
  18. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye, it’s posted in DDs thread on here Jeannie and he was asked specifically about it in his presser today. :50:

McChiellini.. and Jeannie960 like this.
  19. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Aye, I was agreeing with you man. Qualifying for the Champions League is only secondary to the League for me.

I was more meaning your point on you'd rather beat Copenhagen than Lazio. Without beating Lazio first there would've been no Copenhagen.

MacEwan likes this.
  20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC are set to bring a psychologist on board for an 'extra edge' in their bid for ten-in-a-row, reveals Neil Lennon.

Hoops gaffer Lennon admits he has the all-clear from the Parkhead board to draft in a psychologist to help the team this season.

Celtic failed to qualify for this season's Champions League after suffering a home defeat at the hands of Ferencvaros.

Major shareholder Dermot Desmond spoke in a recent wide-ranging interview with The Athletic of a "psychological blockage" and "fear factor" in relation to the Hoops playing in Europe.

But Lennon insists the psychologist will be used to benefit the team both on the domestic and European fronts.

Speaking to the media today, Lenny said: "We are always looking to find another edge.

"I wouldn't just put it down to the European scenario, I'd put it down to all-encompassing, whether it be domestic or European.

"Touching back on the Ferencvaros game I felt we were very unlucky. I don't think it was anything to do with the players' mindset.

"We've equalised, we've hit the bar, we've had a goal disallowed and then we just lost concentration for a split second.

So it was one that got away from us and you look at the this team over a period of time, mentally, they're very, very strong and they have handled big occasions and big moments very, very well.

"But we're still looking to try and improve as best we can and if that means looking at the psychological side of it, then we will.

"I spoke to Dermot, I spoke to Peter (Lawwell) I spoke to the board, we've covered all aspects from the bosses upstairs. It can be individually or it can be as a group

We're looking at a few sort of scenarios where we may introduce it to the group or we may introduce it to certain individuals but it's an ongoing process and it's been something in the offing for over a year."