1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lewis Ferguson

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by CountyDownFaithful, Sep 1, 2020.

Discuss Lewis Ferguson in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gandolf

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc and Mick
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Joe McDonnell
    I think we can all agree that Brown has still got lots to offer this season, but he is not the player he was 2-3 years ago and we can’t expect him to play every game. I Want Ntcham to do well for us, but for me he just does not do enough. I’ve watched him umpteen times and he just lacks that fight for the Scottish game.

wanmadtim and Big Shoes like this.
  2. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

£5 million? Lewis Ferguson offering more than Brown or Ntcham?

Brown has been dogshit this season, I pick him over Ferguson every time. Different kind of player but Turnbull offers so much more than Ferguson would and he’s not worth £5m.

3. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Ferguson is good wee player but we have bought the better option in Turnbull .
    Ferguson will move on from Aberdeen and get signed by a decent English championship team .

4. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    * no. If he plays further forward than Brown, then he isn't even what we need- a holding MF specialized in defense. Nevermind a reputation for being an avid Rangers fan.

Dan Breen likes this.
  5. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Theres still no credible link to this guy and yet we have 5 pages, even Brian hasn't mentioned it :fear:

6. GavCFC1

It was him that started the rumours

7. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I stand corrected, get the welcome thread open.

Mike B likes this.
  8. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I think Aberdeen have a decent midfield this season and that's where he should stay!

Not ready for the move up yet.

9. JamesM09

Brown played further forward than Brown, and also had a bit of a reputation when we signed him..

:fear:

10. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Not just saying it because we signed him but outside of David Turnbull and maybe barisic there isn’t a player playing in the spl just now that would make us any stronger

mind mulumbu had a good game against us for Kilmarnock and the snake signed him on the strength of it

there’s a reason why a guy is 30 and he is coming up from England to play for killie the reason being he is a very average to poor professional football player

11. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Or transfer bhoy

12. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Puts himself about... Aye.

Gets stuck in... Aye

Decent experience... Aye

But can read a game for *.

There's admittedly a player in there but he needs a * tonne of development.

We don't have the luxury of that this season .

That being said, signing him would put all sorts of Huns in an absolute foamy mouthed delusional frenzy, which is always good for a laugh.

Sign him up

13. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    You're not wrong but the two situations arent comparable.

31 year old journeyman from Killie to a 21 year old Scottish midfielder who won the PFA Writers POTY last season.

Again, its comparisons like that which is making me think folk are being harsh as * on his ability.

HoopyT likes this.
  14. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    There's also the fact that we need someone in the league to be dangerous opposition to Rangers. Buying the best of the rest just makes Rangers' job easier.

steg and Metrobhoy like this.
  15. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Journeyman is a incredibly harsh description for Mulumbu, he had 4 clubs prior to Kilmarnock and that transfer was either a favour for Clarke or down to having an awful agent.

He had over 150 EPL appearances and over 40 international caps, his ability was well above Kilmarnock and it showed - it's also well above what Ferguson has done or probably ever will do in the game.

Mulumbu didn't work out at us but he wasn't ever really given a chance and we weren't enlightened on why that was the case. He was our best player on the park at Rugby Park for us, only for the rat to sub him off and us to then go on to lose the game.

Ferguson must be having stormers against the also-rans in the league because he's never stood out against us or the huns in the fleeting occasions I've seen them.

steg likes this.
  16. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Journeyman the wrong term aye.

But I still think the two arent comparable. Like I dont see the use of using Mulumbu as an example of an SPL player we signed going bad, here.

We dont know if Ferguson could reach 150 EPL appearances or 40 caps for Scotland either. Hes 21. Mulumbu was capped for DR Congo so hardly difficult there if you're even half decent and playing in europe.

He played well when aberdeen beat them at Hampden. Scored a great header. Scored against us and has had decent if not special performances.

This is all when he was 19-20 years old. Again, I want to reiterate I wont be arsed if we dont sign him. But folk are underrating him a bit for me.

17. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

His goal v them was good and important but in terms of his overall play that Semi Final at Hampden I don't think it could be considered that he played well. The huns swamped them in midfield and he didn't really get a touch. Same as basically every occasion he's played us.

His goal v us was some textbook minging defending from us from cross balls, nobody attacking the ball or blocking the man, he's swung a foot at it and it's went in. Decent goal aye but he wouldn't get those opportunities against other teams playing for us, as they generally don't defend like an * team.

Personally I think people are a bit more heightened to missing out on players these days after Robertson and McGinn went from under our nose to star in the EPL. A lot of that seems to be reflected in the Hickey transfer as while he has shown glimmers of promise, I wouldn't say he's ever looked like a must-buy.

Turnbull was the standout in terms of young players in our league IMO and now we've got our man I'd rather we gave Connell and Robertson chances before spending decent money on the likes of Ferguson.

If we're spending any more cash on CMs then I'd want it to be on a big, strong, athletic DM in the Wanyama (I know, I know) mould. A guy that can read danger and protect the defence more than what we're doing now.

JC Anton likes this.
  18. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I do agree with most of that and in regards to Connel especially as he looks really good.

I dont think we NEED Ferguson and as I've said in this thread already I think for what hed cost he isnt worth the punt for us and Aberdeen wouldnt sell to us or the Huns IMO.

I'm more just trying to say that I do think there are attributes there which could serve a team well and that this could be a big year for him at Aberdeen.

But I do see him having a good career. Turnbull is more gifted. But can see both making an impact for Scotland in future.

19. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Christie is class tacking back, maybe play him deeper and Turnbull further up?

20. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Christie can play in the 6 for us but I think that position requires discipline - especially against the better sides. Christie's defensive game is about energy and pressing, I worry that he'd get passed by our be out of position when dropped back there.

There's also the issue of his 19 goals and 16 assists last season from more advanced positions, if you drop him back then you're likely going to see a drop in those numbers.

Turnbull is a cracking player though, it's good to have a dilemma on how to fit in good players rather than not having them in the first place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.