1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    FE9943CB-64F7-4FE0-95D2-8EA14ECA06D8.jpeg

2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I was starting to come to terms with the Wednesday * show, but fielding the same starting line up today has really * me off again, even a 3-0 victory isn’t changing my mood.

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NEIL LENNON hit back at his critics and insisted he isn’t on a Celtic ego trip.

Lenny stuck by the same team that crashed out of the Champions League to Ferencvaros for today’s clash with Motherwell.

Ryan Christie again played up front with strikers Patryk Klimala and Albian Ajeti on the bench.

Both players made appearances as substitutes - with Ajeti scoring along with James Forrest and Christopher Jullien.

And Lennon said: “Listen, I make decisions and you live and die off them for what you think is for the benefit of the club.

“It’s not some sort of ego trip.

I have always put the players first and the club first.

“I expected criticism after the game and the volume of criticism is sometimes out of sync and balance.

But you learn to live with that and we had a good response today from the players.

“No one is more sore about going out of the Champions League than myself.

“It’s on my CV now, that result, but I have to park that and move forward.”

“You’ve just got to go with your gut instinct to go with the same team.

“I thought that, in isolation, we dominated Ferencvaros and should have won – we didn’t.

“And then it’s all down to the fact we didn’t play a centre forward, but none of them are fit enough to start and you can see that today.

“The likes of Edouard and Griffiths aren’t here either, they are injured, Rogic is injured, Johnston is injured.

“It was the best team we felt could have picked and today to start the game we felt it was the right way to go.”

Klimala went on against Motherwell as a half-time substitute with Ajeti thrown on after 70 minutes.

But Lennon insisted they were still not ready to start, adding: “Like I said ad nauseum, you can see that they are not fully fit.

Patryk did 45 minutes and did well, but was really blowing towards the end.

“Albian needs conditioning work, but you can see what a good player he is even with the moments that he was on the pitch.

“So the two weeks come at a good time and for us, there are a lot of players away on international duty as well and hopefully they will come back fit and well.”

Overall Celts were well worth the three points

Lennon added: I wasn’t overly delighted with the first half.

“I thought we were a little bit passive and a little bit lukewarm.

“The second half we were a lot better and as the game wore on we got stronger and stronger.

“Yeah, I’m delighted with the three points and the majority of the performance.

“It’s a good reaction and players are starting to look better. They are starting to get into their match rhythm now.”

Lennon, meanwhile, has warned Switzerland to go easy with hitman Ajeti in their international clashes against Ukraine and Germany.

Lennon added: “We’ve an issue because Albian has been called up and we have let the Swiss know he is not fully match fit.

“So whether he goes and comes back or does some conditioning work and maybe plays 10 or 15 minutes I don’t know.

I’ve not said I don’t want him to play, but he is not match fit.

“They will take a view on that when they see him and Albian is of the same opinion

“But as far as the other ones they are all travelling.”

W33kev likes this.
  4. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Ajeti should not be going on International duty, he should be remaning at Celtic and gettin his fitness up to speed.

Blochairnbhoy, Smithy, Peej and 5 others like this.
  5. Keano88

Who’s fault is that?

4-1 up vs Hamilton in the 53rd minute and Klimala got 5 minutes worth of game time.

Use the squad when we have the chance and players will be fit and able to deputise when we get the inevitable injuries.

_DannyBhoy_, Smithy, Peej and 2 others like this.
  6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    We all knew it was wrong and so did he..

He didn't change the side because he got slagged to * on Wednesday but because we were 1 up at half time, he decided to do it on his term's..

It's worked out ok today in the end but no one is buying it. The change at half time was because we were pish, like Wednesday.....and that is all due to playing without a striker..

Smithy, Twisty, charlietully and 7 others like this.
  7. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    His line up today makes all the comments mid week even crazier. Players wanting away and he’s fed up? Plays exact same team with those players.
    Not match fit? Doesn’t start a striker to get them match fit
    Mad

8. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Yep.

Amazing how on Wednesday it was down to players wanting to leave and not committed etc. But the exact same team started today.

Almost like he was trying to deflect blame instead of admitting he was wrong :39:

CH4, McChiellini.. and Hammy89 like this.
  9. W33kev

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson moravcik lambert
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa, athenry, willie maley,let the people sing
    Everything in that statement tells me that Lenny has looked at criticism on here or Twitter. Tbh he has me feeling sorry for him, the manager of Celtic can be a heavy burden at times

Sent from my Redmi 7 using Tapatalk

10. murphy88

Definitely mate. He went with the same team to try and prove a point that his team selection was right during the week. To go with that same team was just plain stupid and showed poor management in my opinion.

freitassen and McChiellini.. like this.
  11. Bonobhoy

As said many times,he bleeds this club as does Broony,but they have to learn from mistakes.

As much as we won today,it was another disgrace to start like that,Broony needs rested or placed on the bench and used as an on/off player.

Lennon has to start with strikers,i get if they are all injured but not using them will on the bench aint right at all.

We all want Lenny to win this and for it to work out for him but he cant take chances like this anymore,the fans are really getting annoyed and * only knows if we had to * this up today what would happen.

He deserves to be criticised and will recieve the plaudits also when we sort this mess out,yes the job is a hard one but hes been here long enough to understand the fans wont put up with zero strikers and getting beat.

buchanbhoy and W33kev like this.
  12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    100%..

Isn't all rosey in the garden but at least some signs of improvement second half..

Hopefully we take stock, don't * about and return fully at it after the break..

Need to all be pulling in the same direction this year as Lenny is definitely going nowhere soon..

Moustache and Pearse67* like this.
  13. Bonobhoy

I honestly think this break will do us good here.

Get rid of the * that doesn't want to be here and get the signings in once and for all.

Lenny can go over his new formation and setups and hopefully bench people that need it and bring on the ones that will shine.

14. TheHappyLoss

You would think both the new strikers would be up to speed by the time the next domestic result comes around

15. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Getting a wee kick out of Neil Lennon losing a game are we, oh dear. Really sad state of affairs when you're getting some kind of twisted pleasure from seeing Celtic lose in a misguided attempt to prove yourself correct. Neil Lennon will finish what he started when we win 10 in a row, dont cry too much when it happens.

16. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

No, getting a kick out of you making a * of yourself. Again.

Officer Doofy likes this.
  17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

He's got a cheek to use Klimala not being fit as the reason why he didn't start.

As Keano said, he got 5 mins against Hamilton when we were cruising. 16 mins against Reykjavik, despite being 3 up at half time. 5 mins against Dundee United.

No wonder he's seemingly not fit enough to start. Which I don't buy anyway. Bullshit excuse.

The_Bhoy, Smithy, Pearse67* and 2 others like this.
  18. freitassen

He kept the same flawed line up from Wednesday to prove a point and this only didn't cause problem because Motherwell is a crappy team and not as good as the mighty Ferencvaros.

19. Solidsnake

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    How can you justify the harsh treatment of leigh griffiths at the start of preseason if we have strikers unfit at this stage. Klimala was fit in france and had we used him in the spl he would of been in perfect condition on Wednesday. I was a big fan of lennys football when he ditched the rats tactics and went 2 up top. Cant believe what ive witnessed this year. Were going to struggle if we use this setup all season. Even with big eddie we are scraping by weak opposition.

How you can pick that team after Wednesday is unbelievable. After all the talk about players wanting out he plays them anyway. If Wednesday wasnt a big enough boot in the * for him to drop players we are all fuckd. Im relived we got the 3 points but it has raised more questions than answers for me.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  20. MJ9 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    In fairness criticism is part of the job at Celtic. Just like when he has got big results, he rightly gets praise, when he * up, he has to take it on the chin. Still not impressed with that starting line up, but we got the result today, and have a break. But it was clear to see when we have an actual striker on the pitch, we are better and when we go 3-5-2 teams struggle to live with us. Let’s hope after the break, he has seen sense and we see a more clinical team, dominating games.

GuttleGob likes this.