1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic V Motherwell Sunday August 30th 3PM

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Aug 26, 2020.

Discuss Celtic V Motherwell Sunday August 30th 3PM in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Maybe just a Wee Blast from my Green And White Trumpet:84:

2. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    That win should lighten the mood and take some of the pressure off and the International break will give us time to regroup. Lennon needs to get the team fired-up and raring to go for the re-start though, it's time to remind the rest of Scottish football who the boss is.

Montero, Keano88, Lennon1888 and 5 others like this.
  3. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

on his game hes a cracking player, but his forms been patchy for about a year, i think since the rumours of milan interest

4. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    International break has come at a good time for us. That ajeti finish was exceptional, seems a real natural clinical finisher, think he could absolutely clean up alongside eddy

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

5. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Yaaaaasssssssssss

MacEwan likes this.
  6. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

How bad is the delay on yer stream mate ?

kramer1, Doogs., PiotreQ and 7 others like this.
  7. Crilly

Once I can watch the game I’m game of ball

8. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

I was convinced we'd only manage a draw,so delighted with the result,was at work so can't say anything about the performance.

9. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    That was him celebrating us going 1-0 ahead.

kramer1 and The Prof like this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. oh bhoy

Three good goals * knows what was supposed to be going on the rest of the 90 mins

12. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Needed that today and we could have been looking at 4 or 5 with Paddy's chances, especially the 1 v 1 chance. He's got to finish that one, had plenty of time to make a decision and his body shape gave away his intent. The other the goalie got a wee touch which altered the path a wee bit, so you could excuse that.

1st half was much in the vain of Killie and Dundee United. Slow play, narrow and playing to the strength of the opposition. Although it had a lot to do with both teams set-up.Got the goal which was a big help. Good finish from Forrest. I know Christie through the middle isn't his strongest and doesn't suit anyone really. But Christie at times doesn't help himself. Trying wee touches and flicks, rather than taking the ball in and holding the play a bit. Motherwell, as is their want. Every * behind the baw. It doesn't make it a great spectacle and doesn't do our game any favours for those without a vested interest.

Neither does a referee who facilitates this type of game by allowing time wasting and not punishing persistent infringements. I also notice the cop out of using "advantage", although how is it advantage when you have a player out the game or being unable to progress in an attacking sense. Yet has no hesitation when Brown is involved. Lamie very lucky for me. Another thing is the constant pushes and pulls, player gets the ball and there is an immediate nudge or pull and again when they have possession and finally in action or after the pass we get the same thing.

Anyway back to the 2nd half. As a consequence of a formation tweak (essentially 2 up ), some movement from Klimala and Motherwell joining in a bit more with the game of football. We seen a bit better of a game. Great ball from Ajer for Ajeti, who shown another glimpse of some quality finishing. Forrest hit the tin with a good ping. Klimala missed a gift of an opportunity and another half chance, added to Juliens tidy goal. We could easily have been looking at a more comprehensive win.

dmac, Montero and McChiellini.. like this.
  13. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I thought it was a case of the correct formation being used from 45 mins onwards and gradually signs appeared of what we know we can do to teams then eventually showed it, the first half bar one great strike was the complete opposite and a worrying level of performance so hopefully we never return to this failed experiment again.

The international break is most welcome, I expect with Eddy back and hopefully today's reality check that we will be right at it again and put in another string run of results like we did post the winter break

Rydo1888* and Keano88 like this.
  14. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

Happy with that. Slow start but controlled the game start to finish. Could see the first goal was a big relief. 3 points in the bag and a clean sheet to boost the mood. Frimpong should be one of the first names in the lineup each week.

15. Foley1888

A good win and a better performance second half we could have really took them for a few goals. Frimpong deployed as a RWB worked well, you could see Forrest LWB is not a long term solution but actually having a threat coming off the left made a difference than automatically turning back most of the time.

Time to get Eddy fit, Ajeti fitter and get the other players in we need while sorting out what is happening with those wanting away. If we are going to kick on this season we need a settled team and formation as this trying to start with one that isn’t working and having to change during games isn’t working.

16. saltire78

Wouldn't be surprised if we deliberately didn't turn him out against his old team in his first match on purpose

17. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    And that's the man's problem... always trying to prove a point which will bite him in the *.

I thought Ncham and Mo el were * today.
    Christie played better as all players do in his more natural position...(no * Sherlock)

Good to see Cal Mac back to some form.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. RabS Aw fuck it Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I see you took inspiration from one of the huns tifo's?

20. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

Yup, you don't learnt much by being stubborn. Would have rather him changed it from the start and show an acceptance of being wrong than appearing to dig his heels in.