1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Talk

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by PaulM1888, Jun 24, 2009.

Discuss Transfer Talk in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    See Barry Hepburn has joined Bayern.

2. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I know it's Bayern but is that the second or third time that one of our youngsters have jumped ship to them?

Going on another rant - how come we wait so late in the day to get these youngsters in from other clubs. Why don't we get them in before they get some serious interest. Hickey should've been on our radar well before he broke through at Hearts. We should be scouting every Scottish team's youth development extensively and pulling the trigger early. I'd rather waste £3.5m on singing multiple youngsters from around Scotland that have shown great potential than signing a Soro or Klimala who aren't going to get a look in for a couple of seasons.

We should be exploiting how big we are in the league. Cream the top youngsters and loan them back out. Bayern Munich do that. Liverpool do that. PSG do that. Why aren't we?

Mr Hoopy and dbhoy72 like this.
  3. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    If we raided the youths of Scottish football we probably wouldn't get much. Hickey was on our books, we let him go to the diets. You can't always tell who is going to be half decent to a certain age anyway.

4. Roskopicachu

5. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Suggested these two the other day as well.

Two far better defenders than Ajer. Not as good on the ball but it’s their job to be defenders first and foremost.

We don’t need more defenders that will just get bullied.

Would be delighted if we got them two. What a difference they would make.

6. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    and what I'm syaing is WHY? Why didn't we keep Hickey? Why didn't we keep Robertson? I understand that no team has 100% success rate but ours is poor when we are the only big club in Scotland.

We should be well aware of these players on the fringes of first team action at such a young age. We struggle to move for these players for some reason. We're so poor at spotting these talents and moving for them. Look at the list that have gone abroad or to England.

7. CountyDownFaithful

1000%. As much as I rate Jullien he is far too weak and if we partner him with someone who is equally as weak then we will get bullied every week in Scotland.

We are crying out for a big, commanding brute in that defence. A leader and a big talker. Someone who can organise the defence and coach the players around him.

_DannyBhoy_ likes this.
  8. DennyCelt Free Palestine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Shunsuke Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Totally agree, 6’5” and barely won a header the other night, not even up against anyone big either

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  9. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Will go against the general mood I'm sure, but for me a winger is more a priority now. We'll do well to qualify for the europa group stages so domestically we could probably scrape by with Julien,Ajer,El Hamed and Biton. If Ajer leaves we will replace him I'm sure and probably sign one more CB but the total lack of options in wide areas is utterly alarming. An injury to Jamesie(already off form) or Moi, or worse, both and we are well *. I pray we are close to a bit of news on this.

10. CountyDownFaithful

He’s quality in some aspects and dreadful in others. He can look like a 10/10 one week and a 1/10 the next. That’s why we managed to sign him probably.

You can tell from the new kit launch pictures that he rates his looks too much to get stuck in and get his head on everything.

DennyCelt likes this.
  11. Para

Van der Hoorn was sold for 2 million pounds to Swansea, less than Ajax bought him for from Utrecht. Because he was considered a massive faillure for Ajax. Too limited, especially on the ball, and seemed insecure during his time there, made some silly defensive mistakes. He actually played for Swansea already the season Ajax had that Europa League final against Man U. We played Ajax and Van der Hoorn the season before. That was actually his only European game that season, Ajax were quite poor still then and went out in the group stage. And then Van der Hoorn wasn't really able to make an impact at Swansea until after they relegated.

12. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    You his Da?

13. Foley1888

Striker suggestion from Ligue 2 Ibrahim Sissoko of Niort, he is a 6 ft 3 tank who scored 15 in 25 last year for a team that finished well down the league. He looks a good finisher.

For CB if we get our big powerful CB, Lilian Brassier, France Unders international who plays for Rennes but was on loan in Ligue 2 last year where he excelled could be a shout as a second CB to be brought in. Or Sikou Niakate of EAG who looks a good prospect as well, again French unders, now Mali international. Both are left sided as well.

Left back Christopher Lenz 25 year old left back from Union Berlin or Jameliu Colins, 26 from Paderborn. Miri Muheim 22, St Gallen ex Chelsea youth only a year left on his deal.

For a winger I like the look of Alberth Elis we have been linked with from Houston Dynamo, Jens Hauge from Bodo/Glimt, 20 or his team mate Philip Zinckernagel 25, can play either flank and is on fire this year with his deal up at the end of the calendar year. Pione Sisto Celta Vigo is in the last year of his deal there and doesn’t get a regular game. Moussa Sylla 20, free agent formally Monaco, French Unders international, can also play as striker. Stansilov Ivanov is a very talented young Right winger from Bulgaria Playing for Levski Sofia and Bulgaria U21 Internationalist scoring well for both.

I would also like a strong DCM Marshall Munetsi Reims, Junior Sambia, Montpellier or someone who is a true CDM that reads the game well is mobile and can move the ball forward quickly. Another option is Frank Onyeka from Midtjylland but probably depends on if they get to CL.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  14. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I hope we keep an eye on Campbell from Motherwell, very tidy player.

15. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Campbell’s pish and nowhere near good enough for our level.

16. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

He’s a proper dirty * too.

Turnbull is the only player that who was worth looking at in that team and we’ve signed him.

Valhalla likes this.
  17. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Even by Scottish standards Alan Campbell is awful technically.

18. GavCFC1

New £3.25m signing David Turnbull was an unused substitute yesterday and Lennon will now step up his efforts to add new signings in the international break.

'I think so, yeah. I don't know how many, but hopefully there will be one or two new faces coming in.'

Left-back is one of the positions he plans to strengthen after Boli Bolingoli was hit with a three match SFA ban for breaching Covid-19 guidelines and putting the season at risk.

19. Sin

Surely a LB and a CB in during the break, hopefully 2 CBs .............

...and a new manager :fear:

20. jiron

Striker (Hidden Gem): Shamar Nicholson 23 years old Charleroi Belgium (Jamaican international)
    6ft 4in
    - Former NK Domzale player where he scored 5 goals in 2017/2018 following a move from Jamaica. 2018/2019 13 goals in 29 matches. Which led them to a spot in Europa league. Scored 2 in early 2019/2020 Europa league for NK Domzale almost leading them to an upset of Malmo FF in the early qualification round.

-Was then bought for 1.5M and moved to Charleroi as a replacement for Osmihen wh has been on fire since his move from Charleroi.

- At Charleroi he scored 8 in 25 matches. Was a feature sub for beginning of the season, came on strong late and moved into starting lineup and led the late season push for a 2nd place finish in the Jupiler pro league.

- This season, just banged in 2 today for Charleroi and will look to build on last year, he should net 15 this year. Looking forward to his performance in Europa league.
    - 7 international goals for Jamaica in 2019.

-Here are some highlights from his time at Charleroi and NK Domzale:

Let me know what you think, I think this is a gem, can be bought relatively cheap, and is a good replacement should Edouard move on in the near future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.