1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Rodgers brought him in league cup semi and he flourished

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seanm likes this.
  2. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Bolton was a sinking ship and was decimated financially.
    As much as things ended sourly at Hibs, he turned them around and then had the spine of his team sold. He also lost Boyle to prolonged spells of injury.

Sydneysider and Gabriel like this.
  3. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I don't believe Klimala couldn't play, if you'd played a front 2 with him and Christie I think we would have won. Chances were created and no striker to get on the end. At the very l least he could have played the 2nd half.

seanm likes this.
  4. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    There's a right good few * in here for the watching and I'm saying that as someone who now thinks he should probably go!!

Some of the keyboard warrior * would rightly get your jaw rattled in most matchday boozers from fans of Lennon or NOT!!

Mostly low digit posters and the brigade who were against him from day 1 and still give him no credit!! Below the belt some of it!!

Rydo1888*, LV426, StPauli1916 and 5 others like this.
  5. Tomas

The only important thing now is to settle down and concentrate on winning the league. I love watching European football at Celtic Park as much as anyone, but this season the big prize is 10 iar and nothing should distract us from it. Get behind the club, manager and any player who is lucky enough to pull on the jersey. Let's hope we are allowed back into the ground in the not too distant future to support the team. Hail Hail

Sydneysider and seanm like this.
  6. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Maybe, mate. I rewrote the thing 3 times to try to avoid that. For example, I'm not claiming it's outrageous behaviour, that anyone on here should have to go, that it's all gone downhill on here since whatever or anything. I think you can disapprove of behaviour and even ridicule it (as I did) without getting sanctimonious.

I guess only you guys can judge if I was successful in avoiding it. I apologise if I didn't. The points I made still stand regardless of any personal failings on my part.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  7. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Jesus wept this thread.

When Lennon was brought it after the snakes departure I was 100% behind him.

I'm not anymore.

It's simple logic. The results are simply not good enough.

Getting papped out of the CL by that mob (who we all knew were quick on the break) was another in a long line of embarrassing euro defeats at the hands of vastly inferior sides.

If the * hadn't fallen out if Sevco after Xmas last year would we be going for 10?

Enough is enough.

I love lenny to bits and will always be grateful for his service.

But times up.

8. Pearse67*

This is what im struggling to understand, if it was indeed Ntcham and Ajer that has been to him months prior acting the * then why were both these players starting in what was one of the most important games of the season?

He then proceeds to * players under the bus because the result went against him, if we had won would it still be a secret?

Absolute * shambles, his time is up for me.

Unrelated but i just seen coleraine dumped maribor from the europa away from home, thats the level of teams that have been dumping us recently which when thought about is absolutely * scandalous!!

The whole club needs weeded from top to bottom!

9. seanm

brilliant post.HH

crazy-horse1977 likes this.
  10. celtic20

Agreed. Some on here seem to think Lennon is doing some voluntary charity work at Parkhead.

seanm likes this.
  11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

The one he signed for £3.5m in January, who has worked his * off during lockdown to meet the physical demands of Scottish football. Probably him.

12. seanm

any * player on the bench is ready to play otherwise why have them on the bench young or whatever.ffs we could have thrown all 3 on plus another 2 defenders but lenny did * all.all on him this one.and i love the lurgan sodbuster.just what was he thinking.as bad as callum left back against the huns that time.HH

13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

And not this “Lennon stepped up when we were in need of someone” pish.

He was out of a job. The best he could get after leaving us was Bolton and Hibs in the Championship.

He jumped at the chance to rejoin us because his managerial career was going nowhere. That’s the simple facts. You’d think he was doing us a favour the way some people go on about it.

14. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Yes I do, was there a queue of managers round the block looking to take the reigns at that point?

Criticise by all means but show some respect for the guy that has delivered every domestic trophy since he’s been back. The only alternative to that is looking like a spoiled *.

StPauli1916 and Breathnach67 like this.
  15. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I am embarrassed for you.

Mystic Penguin likes this.
  16. seanm

not looking good already for the 10.HH

17. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    I hope some journalist asks some tough questions today. Noone ever has the balls to ask anything useful.

celtic20 likes this.
  18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Good for you, Paul. Cheers for the contribution.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  19. Tomas

I hope we "review" this thread at the end of the season after we've won the 10. Neil Lennon will always divide opinion but currently he's the manager, I don't see that changing anytime soon. Let's get behind the team as much as we can, looking forward to getting back into the ground as soon as possible. Hail Hail

20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Oh I’m sure it’ll be reviewed, but personally, and I’m sure plenty of others think the same, even if we do win the 10 I want Lennon to walk so we can have a bit of a rebuild.

We’ll thank him for what he’s done but ultimately we need better going forward.

Mr Shelby likes this.