1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ajer and Ntcham representatives ask Celtic for valuations of the two players.

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by The Thumb, Aug 27, 2020.

Discuss Ajer and Ntcham representatives ask Celtic for valuations of the two players. in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. thomohoq

Pair of them can poke it. Makes some kind of sense if Lennon knows Ntcham is gone in his own head, why play him when we have midfielders that want to be here? I like him when he is arsed. All 3 games.
    If he knew Ajer was tatties also, why scud Jozo before we had new faces?

littlekennie likes this.
  2. Sin

I don't understand any of it to be honest!

Lennon doesn't play them, Ajer or Ntcham in recent games, he plays Bitton at the back instead of Ajer.
    Then a one off game in the CL he starts both, they weren't the worst players either!
    He then throws them under a bus once we lose, then both go public wanting to leave, I really don't get it!

A lot more to this than what is being said!

Did he promise them a move once we got to the CL and he felt they let us down or was he just * off and should have kept his mouth shut?

3. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    I don't think its a surprise that we find players want to leave, especially when we openly advertise/do our business in the manner of a "player development club".

I do find it surprising that these players agents aren't aware of their clients value. I suspect they already know and I wonder what the motives are by the relevant parties in all this.

4. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Aye that’s * my heid up aswell.

neilly1987 likes this.
  5. wulliebad

Clearly lenny has just had enough and * last nights game was the last straw and maybe with as much frustration at himself as anyone he let rip. If these players said 6 months ago they wanted out then questions need to be asked.Why have they not been sold and replaced. I can understand ntcham sat on the bench and watching \o/ and thinking what the * is the point when he gets picked no matter what. Ajer is just another bawbag who could not get away quick enough,his agent was mouthing about a move long time ago.

6. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

I would take McKenna over Ajer. He also wants to be here. Get him bought Lenny. Punt Ajer.

littlekennie likes this.
  7. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Still one of the better players against Ferencvaros, and the better of the midfielders.
    Jozo also wanted to go and was missing games through his knee and not being fit.

8. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Couldn’t care less that Ajer and ntcham will be off. We can deal without both although they are quality. The worrying ones are eddy (who we knew it was sooner rather than later) but now supposedly mcgregor. Mcgregor is our best player, everything we do goes through him at some stage whether that be attack or defence. We lose him and we lose the league.

Ajer, ntcham, Christie, griff, boli, eddy, rogic will all be off 100%. We need at least 4 players before those all leave. Will we really sign 11 players before the window ends after those guys leave. No chance. we’re *

oh bhoy likes this.
  9. thomohoq

I agree on Ntchams performance the other night, looked like he was motivated and played well. If only he did more often. I was alluding to him being benched when we are free of injuries.
    Did Jozo not come out in an interview saying he was gutted to go? Maybe imagined that.

G_portillo likes this.
  10. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    You’re right about Jozo, i stand corrected.

thomohoq likes this.
  11. john2061

When you * lot who want to leave Celtic when we are heading for ten in a row and maybe another treble and your phoning your taxi to leave for the last time make sure the * door hits you in the * when your leaving .
    Because the guys you leave behind at Celtic will become legends and be in our history for ever every name will be remembered when we get the ten .

12. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    * *. What a downgrade. A downgrade in ability. A downgrade in potential. A downgrade in fans' expectations.

We must not go backwards in this window. It is imperative.

Conlon likes this.
  13. Tomas

Can someone point out to me exactly when, or where the manager named these players as the ones he was referring to, wanting away. I'm not saying they don't, but in my opinion they both played well on Wednesday, so I don't understand why Neil Lennon would be having a go at either of them. Brown and Forrest, were amongst our worst performers on the night, along with our new keeper, does this mean that they want away?

Jo-Jo-Buffon likes this.
  14. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

I would rather have a trier than a non trier. He is rough & ready which will be a positive in the league which is the priority this year.
    He can win & pass the ball to the “footballers”
    I’m not bothered about potential just now, we rarely see the full amount anyway in players.

littlekennie likes this.
  15. DonnyCelt

He hasn't named them. Apparently after his comments on Wednesday night both Ajer and Ntchams representatives have asked Celtic for valuations of their clients. Would suggest they are definitely two of the players Lennon was referring too.

Playing better than other players on the night could simply be to put themselves in the shop window, impress potential suitors.

Time will tell mate and if Lennon is serious about these certain bunch of players not playing anymore then surely we'll know with his lineup on Sunday.

Tomas likes this.
  16. Pearse67*

If ajer and ntcham were both acting the * why did lennon start both in one of the most important games of the season??

neilly1987 likes this.
  17. oh bhoy

was dembele not making waves recently too, if eddy and mcgregor are happy enough i couldnt care less who else wants to jump ship.if we sold ntcham and ajer last week lennon would still have played with no striker,maybe hes annoyed that he didnt get toney as the subtle barry fry let it be known we wanted to shift a couple of players before we would buy

18. Foley1888

Happy to let Ajer leave if we buy a decent replacement but that is not McKenna. He is a donkey probably one of the most overrated players in the league.

19. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Ajer has been MIA for over 12 months now.

A good game here and there doesn't change the fact his heads in the * clouds.

And let's get another thing straight, he didn't sack his agent because his agent made false claims or embarrassed the club, he sacked him because he was an incompetent * and he had the opportunity to be represented by a far more prestigious outfit.

Either way, why in *'s green * did Lennon start him if that's how he felt?

It was pure deflection, as both Ajer and Oliver had a decent showing on Wednesday.

Now we're facing an absolute cluster * off the back of what was already a * back line.

Only Celtic could be so hamfisted in our most important season in decades

neilly1987 likes this.
  20. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I’m pretty sanguine about most players leaving. I expect them all to move on at one stage or another, so no hard feelings from me when they do.

The bigger issue for me is - Ajer in particular made it very clear that he would be leaving. If he was now to act upon that and leave, we would be left with one, yes one, natural centre back in the entire squad. That shows a tremendous lack of planning.

We’re pretty much 5 games into the season now and out of the CL before it even got remotely serious. If we see one centre back leaving and another arriving in the next couple of weeks, it still leaves us tremendously short at the back, particularly if we’re going to play a back 3. Given how long we seem to take to get business done, and then get players up to speed, it isn’t unrealistic to say we could spend the entire first round of fixtures with a very makeshift back line.

It’s simply not good enough. Not in the 10 season, or any other season. I know Lennon ducked up tactically midweek, but we really desperately need to look at how wider club operations are handled. There’s too many areas just now where it feels as though we’re throwing mud at the wall, hoping some sticks.

Hammy89 likes this.