1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    No.

littlekennie likes this.
  2. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Tierney wasn’t here for last season though or this season so that argument is invalid Lennon admitted himself when he was care taker he didn’t change much now he has job full time * know what he has changed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Loads of manager s come into a job and usually if they are there for over a year or so, the team will be half his signings and half the players who were there from the previous manager- so does that basically mean that it’s a divided dressing room and aw this pish “ maybe some of the players don’t want to perform for him- they are not circus clown s, they are highly paid professional football players on £20,000 a week and the least they can do if not for him is give 100% to the fans who pay over hundred s of pounds every year on merchandise and season tickets to keep them in the luxury lifestyle they are accustomed to

Had a lot of bosses I don’t like but I don’t down tools cause things aren’t going my way, a just do the job I’m paid to do to the best of my ability or im punted

Sydneysider and littlekennie like this.
  4. Jeremie Frimpong

5. W33kev

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson moravcik lambert
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa, athenry, willie maley,let the people sing
    No pure gimp response

Sent from my Redmi 7 using Tapatalk

6. W33kev

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson moravcik lambert
    Fav Celtic Song:
    This is footballers though not your average Joe that works a 9 to 5 job.

7. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Are you trying to flirt?

8. W33kev

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson moravcik lambert
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Of course love a wee flirt keep it up big guy

9. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    If a player want's to leave then as manager you say ok no bother, put yersel in the shop window and give us everything and you'll get your move, we will then sign someone else, that's the way it works.

All this comes across as very childish and amateurish.

LectersLuncheon and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  10. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Unrealistic but hopefully this is a power move from the players to try and get a proper manager in.

Ewang83 and shaw1888 like this.
  11. shaw1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll never walk alone / Let the people sing
    If he wants to keep any shred of respect then he should go. He is running the risk of ruining 10iar... Would he be forgiven for that? Based on the tactics he's using (or lack of) if we don't win this season he will tarnish his reputation beyond repair. Current situation is a joke. We are making headlines for all the wrong reasons.

12. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Then their would be the problem with the attitude and application of those players then surely, as opposed to Lennon.

I don't agree with Lennon choices the other night but this is still a manager built a decent team in the past. Can't help but feel the way he departed Hibs combined with his slating of some players this week has manifested a story line of sorts. Rightfully or wrongfully Lennon has questioned the commitment of some. Seemingly two of which have come out 24 hours later asking for their valuations to find a new club. I'm that respect, Lennon's point appears to be proven right, even if he has expressed it poorly

13. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Well considering Lawwell doesn't bother reading CVs I have no faith we'd be able to get a replacement in before the new year, even if we sacked Lenny tonight.

14. WhitleyCelt

I remember when Lennon come in he said he wouldnt change it. He let Kennedy take the sessions and do the tactics as he 'knew' the style of play and kept out of the way. I wonder if that still happens now? It seems strange we go 3-5-2, do well and go back to a failing formation.

15. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    We’re stuck with Lennon for this season,(loved him as a player but he just hasn’t got tactics right, repeatedly as our manager) but he has to go at the end of the season, European results are EMBARRASSING and now blaming players, sad but if we’ve any ambition he has to go. This is the first time I’ve advocated sacking Lennon despite previous euro results AND terrible displays against the huns, even when they had ten men on the park they dominated us, again EMBARRASSING

16. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Christie wasn't. Hardly got any game time under Rodgers from what I remember.

17. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

I’m still absolutely raging he blamed the players last night.

One of the worst managerial performances in our history. In the dugout and in the press room.

Reminded me of Craig Gordon who blamed everyone else for his obvious shortcomings.

jake10 likes this.
  18. Maestro 08

I think Lennons next team selection will shed a lot of light on some of the questions flying around at the minute.

19. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Wee bit more respect from some required for the Manager. I agree with almost all points made about last nights game but let’s not gloss over the success he’s had here which doesn’t disappear because Ferencvaros beat us 2-1.

He’s still the guy that put his hand up for all of us at the most precarious possible time when the previous * in charge slithered out the back door. Too easy to forget that albeit arguably explainable with the hurt of last nights result still fresh.

Let’s see what reaction he manages to get out the squad over this, it can be used as fuel to properly kick start the season, the result and the furious post match interview.

20. SuperZidane

Frankly, I think bringing in another assistant would likely makes things worse. Lenny is a real Celtic man but he is also arrogant and can't accept criticism (preferring to throw players under the bus). I can't see him accepting advice and guidance from someone else particularly if he didn't choose them.

I think the next few games will show if he's lost the dressing room - if so, that's a disaster and the club will need to make some hard decisions quickly.

seanm likes this.