1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Wonder if he would have had more success had he came in after BR. Always had the feeling the players didn't think he was big enough for the job.

The_Bhoy, Breathnach67 and seanm like this.
  2. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Aye.

Didn’t even try and play it off as some sort of misunderstanding of the managers comments or that. Just baffled by what Lennon said.

seanm likes this.
  3. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    @StPauli1916 and @littlekennie

Cut your trolling of each other out of this thread. Further trolling may end in bans being issued

Valhalla likes this.
  4. CountyDownFaithful

Can't get my head around his comments/reaction last night.

As a professional football manager, the way he managed that situation last night both on and off the park was abysmal.

To make it public knowledge that some players potentially want out the club is completely and utterly unacceptable. It not only creates a division within the team but it will also devalue some of the players. It may also put potential signings off if they think they are coming into an unsettled changing room.

Maestro 08 and seanm like this.
  5. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    I'd love to be able to defend him but I can't and shouldn't, he has * up big time and is now fighting for his job

seanm likes this.
  6. TheHappyLoss

We could get in some football visionary like Neil Warnock or that mad guy that got the sack from Watford that said he battered a wolf or a bear or something

The_Bhoy likes this.
  7. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Brian blesseds * army haha.

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  8. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    Thought it was pretty obvious I was making a point to littlekennie that wants to give Lennon Zero praise for beating Lazio twice and credit the players but give him all of the blame for last night.

Gabriel likes this.
  9. seanm

lenny to blame last night end of.HH

10. seanm

players didnt play for ronny deila. simples.HH

11. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Thinking back to it, I think not properly recruiting in January has cost us big time.

On the back of a defeat to the huns, everybody here knew we needed a CB in and backup for Forrest, yet we got neither.

12. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    I think Lennon is trying to shift the blame a bit by saying certain players want away, if it's ajer ntcham and Christie then I never witnessed it last night bcoz they were our best players. He * up the selection/formation no one else and if they 3 want away then shift them asap.

13. Cesar67x www.Twitter.com/@GlasgowRebeltm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    If this is true about the coaching situation then the board have to be brought to task as well as lennon we should only be employing the best available coaches around, the only man who should have a job for life is steve woods

14. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

plenty of effort put in last night

managers fault and he seems to be passing the blame

FrankMcCallum, seanm and Maestro 08 like this.
  15. Sgt Neppers*

Lenny is a Celtic man and legend through and through. He deserves respect from us for what he has achieved with the club and for the * he gets away from it.

With that said, in respect of his all round ability as a coach, he is very limited and I believe he has reached his glass ceiling. This is highlighted as the modern game moves on and he does not. The game is now becoming more analytical. Teams have to be more flexible and adaptable with formations. Squads must be utilised fully and properly. He doesn't do this.

The fact he doesn't believe in systems and shapes is now glaringly obvious. The blue print to causing us bother is there. High press up the park and being compact in defence. We show really poor transition at times from back to front and set pieces. Examples of teams using this but with weaker squads is now growing.
    His usage of subs is brutal but I see now this is because he doesn't know how to change its not working.

We need a modern progressive coach and assitants also.

Some serious questions need to be asked.about his usage of the squad. So many players signed and not used, why???

Always willing to give people and more so Lenny a chance to change and adapt. But he can't and won't. We need to be moving forward as the game does. Not qualifying for Europa is now inconceivable. I wouldn't know if he could stay beyond that.

16. Maestro 08

I doubt it's Christie. He played him ahead of 2 strikers, was complementing him before the game and he turned in another 100% committed performance. If its Ntcham why has he went out his way to have him in the team and even then he played pretty well, he is one that gets pass marks for me. It leaves Ajer, he has been dropped recently for Bitton so it points to some unrest. It makes it even more bizarre then that he would include him tonight after leaving him out then point fingers at him when he was a far better performer last night than Jullien, in fact he had to cover for him on a few occasions. It was a bizarre comment because it leaves alot of questions unanswered about Lenny himself.

The_Bhoy, muaythai postie and seanm like this.
  17. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Nonsense. The defence was a shambles under Deila. Had two of the best CBs in recent times and still couldnt organise them properly.

18. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Pretty sure the Mulgrew, Commons clique made his life more difficult

The_Bhoy likes this.
  19. Bighairyboss

speaking to a mate today who knows Charlie Christie very well. Christie definitely wants away.

20. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

A clique Lennon had a hand in creating.

Mr Shelby, Valhalla and Officer Doofy like this.