1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Hartson can ram it too. So bored of posts like that every time this happens.

The_Bhoy, Valhalla and thailandceltic like this.
  2. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I really couldn't give a * what Hartson says to be honest

Breathnach67 likes this.
  3. limezer

Fed up with this now, he said it was going to be better attacking football than Rodgers style well it’s not. His Tactics have been terrible, takes far too long to change it a blind man last nigh would have made changes at half time. The new signings are taking far too long ( I know this is not his fault but he should be pressing Lawwell) he just looks as if he sitting on his * mumbling to Kennedy.
    I thought he was a man with more fight and I’m not seeing it.

The_Bhoy and thailandceltic like this.
  4. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

Exactly, Lennon doesn't trust klimala it seems so why was he bought? Who gave the green light to sign him? Did Lenny have any say in it? I'd rather have a not match fit striker, be that klimala or ajeti, than playing a midfielder up top. Worried for the league now, we got the players to do it but scared the pressure will be getting to Lenny. He won't be forgiven if we lose the league, his legacy is in jeopardy.

Think we will still win league but won't be as easy as it should be.

5. mayo

That’s fair enough. I just think his league record is very good. He’s a born winner and knows what to do to get the job done.

6. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Birthday Caird Pish.

7. mayo

What makes you think he’s not? Just have a look at what he’s won as a player and manager.

8. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Imagine if that was anyone else bar Lennon they would be chased out the door.

GuttleGob likes this.
  9. SuperZidane

Frankly I don't trust in him. It doesn't matter how much the fans get behind you - doesn't make you a better manager. I see no evidence that he's learned anything from his mistakes, Cluj last year - the 2 Rangers games, Livi, last night. He is pretty inept tactically and is unable to change - his substitutions are almost always like for like and always too late.

The worse thing was the way he turned on the players - he appears to have learned nothing from his experience of losing the dressing room at Hibs. Nothing is ever his fault. Frankly, you could understand some of our players looking to move on rather than put up with that nonsense.

He is not going to resign or be sacked so that's a pointless discussion. To be honest, if we are to get 10IAR - I think it'll be tight and we'll need a fair amount of luck.

It would be fantastic if he could do it - it would also be a great way to bow out IMO.

If this club is serious about moving forward and progressing - we need a better manager than Neil - simple as that.

thailandceltic likes this.
  10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

His league record is exactly how it should be with the players he has and the state of Scottish football.

The only team we should be finding it tough against, domestically, is the huns. The rest of them are utter *.

Valhalla, cas79 and thailandceltic like this.
  11. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Big John is a great guy, but he's never been the sharpest tool in the box, you have to be honest and realistic, last night was brutal there's no gettin away from it.

12. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Football is about results now. Otherwise let's keep celebrating Barcelona and Lazio results for eternity

cas79 and SuperZidane like this.
  13. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

At times the football has been outstanding and when the team is firing on all cylinders we have been good to watch.

Tactically he refuses to change things when it isn't working, and that's the problem. There are far too many examples.

14. mayo

One result doesn’t define a man. I’m sure you were one of the first to celebrate when he clinched our ninth title

15. mayo

So what do you think we should do? Sack him and get someone else in midway through the season? Madness

16. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    To get it wrong once is understandable, but to come out and go with no striker again, with two three strikers on the bench is unforgivable. To not recognise and react until the 75th minute is beyond infuriating.

NL has brought a lot of heat in his direction and rightly so. Many questioning his position now.

17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

It’s not midway. It’s 5 games in. We’re not even out of August.

I would rather see him gone, because I have little faith in the team or him right now. The result was bad enough, but after his riddy of a post match interview it’s made the situation ten times worse.

Hard to imagine a lot of that dressing room aren’t raging at his comments last night and are looking for a quick exit.

littlekennie and James like this.
  18. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I agree with your point about our press. The strange thing for me is that when Lennon first came back we pressed aggressively high up the park and it was really successful - we were scoring a barrowload of goals and it got us the win at Ibrox - Gerrard even said they didn't cope with our aggressive pressing after the game. For some reason we stopped doing it about the beginning of November last year and we've not been the same since.
    He should bring back the high pressing, slightly gung-ho approach against lesser teams (so all teams in the SPL and games like last night) and only have the more cautious approach against the good European teams we play.

19. limezer

I agree some football end of last season was very good, but this season has been poor.
    I just feel the squad and lennons tactics are way off the now.
    I just don’t want us to hope we are that little bit less s****** than the other mob.
    We should be streets ahead.

20. ladbroke8

Probobly because we had 6 midfielders creating chances but no one in the box to take them. He made a bad decision and deserves criticised. Same as Calmac at left back last year vs cluj.