1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Who said anything about him living off Lazio results?

You said he has no clue how to win a big game from a losing position. I just pointed out that you're wrong.

I've already said multiple times this morning that he probably shouldn't have a job if we fail to make the EL group stages.

GuttleGob and Gabriel like this.
  2. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Wow. Did you come up with that all by yourself?

Rydo1888*, Gabriel, Doogs. and 2 others like this.
  3. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Correct, he’s reactive when he should have been proactive. Stevie wonder could have seen the tactics and selection wasn’t working. Make a change early

4. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

* * lol

5. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Ive been saying this for a few years now to anyone that will listen ( they are sick of hearing it now ha ) we need a no frills Duffy like cb that is there to win balls at all costs . We dont need another ball playing cb we need a no nonsense cb

6. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    Last night happened because of the players not because of him.

7. jamiebhoy67

I am really worried about this situation it needs resolved this week one way or the other from griffiths to boli to lennon saying that last night. And I've just brown publicly disagreeing with him this morning and defending the players either lennon needs to go or he needs to call a team meeting and wipe the slate clean and clear out some of the deadwood get some quality in. If he goes go get Martin back for a season at least we will get some professionalism off him nobody would dare * with him

johnboy19 and GuttleGob like this.
  8. Big C

Lennon made mistakes last night, absolutely no doubt. However I still feel with or without a recognised striker, player for player, we should have run over the top of them.
    There are a few that need to have a right good look at themselves. Was it £7 million for Julienne, who gets out jumped regularly by people much smaller than him. I’ve yet to see him put anyone up in the air when trying to win the ball. Taylor, far too slow. Brown, Forrest, ahh * it I could go on and on but these guys need to respond.
    Yes Lennon picked the wrong team but the players should be ashamed of themselves and need to know that’s not acceptable if you wear the hoops!!!

9. KEANO1

Anyone who believes we would be in the champions league this year is entirely deluded.

These qualifiers are hard at the best of times, the way we handle them every year makes it even more difficult than it ever needs to be. Going out last night wasn’t unrealistic in my mind, I’m sure it was the same with many other people.

Why are we shocked, what this year had gave us reason to think differently? Players are terrified to make a mistake and you can see that in every performance.

As many are saying Brown was poor, however any success we did have last night was when Ajer strolled forward with the ball and committed their players with ease.

Not the biggest fan of Ajer, I’d take 15m straight away, but if the management team can’t recognise a pattern in the game like that and adapt this could be a long season of severe disappointment

10. Bonobhoy

So for all those giving him abuse or ones wanted him ousted....who exactly would you get in on our most important season yet?

Yes he * up last night and should take all the blame but he also bleeds this club and stepped in when needed and almost won 2 trebles.

I would personally rather be out of Europe completely now to focus on the league and last year's cup.

Mystic Penguin likes this.
  11. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Well we don’t really know who actually signs the players. These days it’s so murky with managers, coaches, directors, chairmen, directors of football, and various other hangers-on milking cash.

One thing I can say with 99.9% security is Lennon’s first choices to replace Eddy would not have been a random Polish kid and someone who didn’t score a goal in 12 months at West Ham.

I do think he should’ve started them both, though. And Griffiths may be an unfit muppet but score goals he certainly can. Baffling allround.

12. oh bhoy

we had strikers on the pitch against utd and livi and played equally as bad if not worse ,it looks as if he is sending teams on and hoping for the best ,no style or shape to any of our play

13. stew37

He's got to take the blame for that starting lineup, with no striker. It only made sense to him.

littlekennie likes this.
  14. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    ...so who do we think Lenny is referring to about players who “should just go if they don’t want to be here”

15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

A classic example of someone unable to criticise Lennon because of who he is.

It was the manager who selected a team without a striker at home against a Hungarian team.

It was the manager who failed to make a single substitution until we went 2-1 down.

It was also the manager who decided spending £3.5m on a striker would be good, but then didn’t want to bring him on in a game where we were chasing a goal.

Oh and this stuff about players not being match fit? Maybe it would help if he didn’t wait until the 75th minute to make changes in league games. Klimala and Soro have barely kicked a ball since signing for us. And they’re just the tip of the iceberg.

The_Bhoy, Keano88, Valhalla and 4 others like this.
  16. Jeremie Frimpong

Lol.

17. Ak1

Few things I don't quite get regarding last night. Some for me are on NL, and some on PL.

Lennon
    To some extent, with Griff's problems and Eddy's injuries, I understand the formation of 433 (over the post Xmas 352) was forced on him a little. But even so (unless also injured) surely Klimala deserved a start.
    He did pretty well coming my on against Hamilton, and has looked decent (and fit) to me when actually given a run out.
    To create 20+ chances reflects how dominant we were at times, and a clinical finisher, should have had a field day.

I also get Ajeti, may after his season at West Ham lack match sharpness, but as a pro he must have been capable of more than 15-20 minutes. Somehow between them Klimala and Ajeti could have managed the 95 minutes required?

Lawell
    We also know that for us, the qualifiers are are most lucrative games of the season, but for the past 3 years in CL qualification we've gone in underprepared. That's just shy of £100m thats not been capitalised on (for numerous reasons) but what is being done to prevent this issue re-occurring next July/August.

It appears to me that recruiting slowly across summer is killing us financially, as it doesn't give players sufficient time to properly integrate. I know books have to be balanced, budgets kept in check, but haggling over every penny unquestionably delays precious hours on the training field.

Even with our diligence on contract negotiations, a huge amount of money has been wasted on poor recruitment over the past few seasons. So is this model, actually working to the standards we require??

Rant over, prefer the Europa anyway!!

18. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

It’s just as much Lenny’s fault as the teams, the issues were clear to see and he never changed it. Sticking with no striker until 75mins and then not even putting on the 2 on the bench to go 352 was criminal.

Yes we should of had enough on the pitch to win but you need natural strikers on to take the pressure off the rest of the team.

19. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Players aren't match fit because lennon isn't giving them minutes in matches, can't expect them to be matchfit from training alone.

Keano88 and thailandceltic like this.
  20. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Last night was disaster no hiding from that and he will receive the majority of the blame for the team selection and his daft post match interview might have made things worse but like last season we still went on to have an enjoyable season in Europe and domestically, imo hes still the man to take us to 10 in a row and hes more than capable of having another good run in the Europa. At the end of next season though I think he should move on and I think he will on his own accord as there likely to be a major rebuilding job needed with new ideas moving forward.