1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. DonnyCelt

From back to middle I agree. But if we had a striker on the pitch its a more favourable target to aim for with crosses. Its someone who will get into natural goal scoring positions. If we'd had a striker on fro minute 1 I dare say things would've been different.

And Lenny is at fault for that. Now we'll get shafted in the transfer market and more than likely see an "asset" sold to balance the books. Same *, different season

GuttleGob likes this.
  2. Jordan

That’s a bad one.
    Scabby Lennon strikes again.

3. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Our press is a farce. Non existent.

Valhalla likes this.
  4. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Thing is, it's not a matter of hindsight, MP. Going into a crucial one off striaght knock out game in the Champions League and all the stakes that go with that to go into that game without a striker at all, and not even put one on until 10 minutes from the end when we are chasing the game again.

As soon as drew level that was the time if he was waiting to put one on, when we are going for the win. We created a few chances but not having a natural finisher there hurt us, and then Lenny only decides to change things up more than 25 minutes later after we have conceded again, admittedly to a * poor piece of defending from Elhamed.

But it was dreadful game management all round from Lennon, there is no disguising the fact, and that goes from the outset and setting out the team to play without a striker in the first place.

Albert Einstein is attributed as saying that insanity is doing the same thing over and over, yet expecting different results.

That seems to be us time and time again. :31:

5. Bonobhoy

* off ya fukin zoomer

6. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    * am I listening to?

Who doesn't want to be here?

7. Wizard of Oz

Neil Lennon producing one of the worst pieces of management that's been seen in a long time.

1. Two strikers (one had a pre season + plus spent the time before that still working hard on improving his physical attributes and the other just scored the winner at the weekend) yet he starts neither

2. Scott Brown a passenger in midfield, plays the 90

3. We score, the gaps start appearing and rather than show some winning instinct and getting Klimala on who will make the natural striker runs and get some joy with the gaps, he does nothing

4. He only reacted for subs after conceding. Any armchair coach can do only that. Good managers can react but they are also proactive.

5. His * for a 451 is baffling when he found last season that the 352 works.

Going out this early to opposition of that quality is extremely poor. Sorry, but I'd be scouting for potential successors at the end of this season. I don't want to just be winning the domestic trophies because we know fine well that we're always going to be the best when it comes to that. I want to see us in the CL again. Lennon has ultimately not progressed us from where Rodgers left us over the balance of things, maybe could have if he didn't massively * himself against København

Big els, The_Bhoy, GuttleGob and 4 others like this.
  8. dmccourt95

We don’t need someone that knows the club we need someone that knows how to manage

Officer Doofy likes this.
  9. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Cluj copenhagen and tonight all at home all same story, dominating , huffing and puffing going no where. Could see it clear as day that there was a sucker punch coming again tonight. The whole thing is built on our inability to score , inability to create chances... Yet some of the players think they are * world beaters when they are scoring against Hamilton. Sickening

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

10. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

81 posts in 10 years.

Sure.

11. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    the risk to the 10 season is the only thing keeping him here in my opinion.

He should be embarrassed by tonight, him and him alone. The players take blame as well, but the players need their manager to * help them. No striker and no option to sub a defender and refusal to drop Brown is all on Lennon and all of that cost us the game tonight and will cost us more as the weeks go on.

I still have faith in the long haul of a normal season, but I can't say it is going to be easy watching at times.

Someone else said it, he will keep his job a little longer, but he needs to walk away after this season. Get the ten and leave with his name intact. If he can.
    He will not be the man taking us forward long term, he clearly is not learning and is refusing to accept he is wrong in some of this.

JC Anton likes this.
  12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

So you’d sack him then mate?
    Has to drop Brown now, he offers not much these days.. but he shouldn’t be sacked.

13. GuttleGob

Let's pretend Lennon does go, which he won't . Who do you think will replace him?

14. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Saying live on radio that there are players who don't want to be here!

15. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    If that was any other manager than Lennon I think most of the support would be calling for his head.

Because it’s Lennon it’s bought him some more time, we drop anymore point and lose to them in the first game I think he would walk.

I don’t know how bad it needs to get before he sees that his tactics and formation is killing us.

someone needs to take him to the side and say you * us here change it up before you are shown the door.

16. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Beat it ya fud

johnfife1959 likes this.
  17. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

They’ve probably made that clear in the changing room after the game.

18. James Gold Member Gold Member

1. Not starting a striker
    2. Not bringing a striker on sooner
    3. Scott Brown not being subbed
    4. James Forrest was the one sacrificed
    5. Jullien up top for the last 5 with Paddy on the bench
    6. Praised Paddy preseason and has hit the ground running then totally blanks him when our main man is out

Rydo1888*, Big els and Officer Doofy like this.
  19. wulliebad

:62::62::62::62::62::62::62::62::62:

20. crazy-horse1977

I'm not surprised.