1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Dundee United Vs Celtic. Sat 22nd Aug, 17.30 KO, Live On Sky Sports Football

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Account Deactivated, Aug 18, 2020.

Discuss Dundee United Vs Celtic. Sat 22nd Aug, 17.30 KO, Live On Sky Sports Football in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    That wee * should be nowhere near our games. Yesterday was a joke.

seanm likes this.
  2. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Elhamed should be a regular starter. Defensively as good if not better than anyone else at the club and better going forward than he is given credit for. I like Frimpong but Elhamed is a better all-round player.

seanm likes this.
  3. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

:56:

4. DonnyCelt

* :56:

5. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    We were a lot better 2nd half which, to be fair, wasn't hard, but why not start the game with that drive and urgency? We basically wasted a half of football walking about, being sloppy and displaying a total lack of desire. Ntcham had a real chance to cement himself a place in the team yet, as is usually the case with him, he doesn't do it when we really need him to. He did little of note, especially 1st half. The team at the minute is far too sluggish and predictable, we really need someone who can create something in the centre of the field so we don't just end up going side-to-side, side-to-side like we have the last few matches. What we have seen from the opposition in our last 2 league games is basically going to be the blueprint for nearly every domestic game we play for the foreseeable future, we need to mix things up a bit and, more importantly, play with a good quick tempo and high intensity otherwise tight, tense matches are going to become commonplace.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
    buchanbhoy likes this.
  6. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Although it was a late and scrappy winner I wasn't worried that it was going to come yesterday. I thought we were playing decently enough and creating opportunities but they just weren't going in.

In the game against Killlie I felt completely different. I never thought we looked like scoring late on that day.

7. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Got the 3 points at least. Hopefully lenny will stop * about now.

seanm likes this.
  8. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    We are going to have many days like yesterday throughout this long arduous season.

We can’t crush everyone 5-1 and the pressure, thanks to Bolingoli’s Spanish * Sojourn, is enormous and the team know they can’t slip up again. We still have to get up to speed as we are two weeks behind. We will get better.

As for that pig snouted daddy‘s boy * * Dallas? He looks as though he is permanently smelling his mums farts with the sound effects in his microphone. He’s a biased wee *.

Another pathetic refereeing display. To take one for the team I’d two foot lunge the * at a corner and cripple him. That would keep him out for a while.

seanm likes this.
  9. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Thats exactly why he was , I imagine him and cheating Beaton will get the majority of our games this season

10. seanm

352 lenny please for * sake.HH

11. Foley1888

Agree with this, I think we look like how we were playing last December where we were getting results but looked sluggish.

I don’t know if this is due to the lay off when the boys are used to playing regularly with a strange preseason set up.

Agree with the point on Ntcham, he wasn’t the worst yesterday but didn’t do much of note, CalMac is another who I feel this formation and personnel is not suiting him. He is virtually anonymous for long spells of the game except for some square passing, we either need to get him further forward with a bit more freedom or drop Brown and give him the role of dictating the game from deep. He is one of our most talented players but I feel is wasted at the moment. Both he and Ntcham are better in a 3-5-2.

We can criticise Christie but he was one of the few that looked like making something happen. This time last year all those shots and passes that are just missing their target or being saved were going in, I think it is fine margins at the moment for him. He does need to take a bit better care in possession right enough.

Also although Ajeti is not fully fit you can see when he got on that it freed up some space for Eddy while having someone still in the box. Two up top has to be the way forward. I also wouldn’t mind bringing in a Toney or another first team ready striker, to allow variety and keep teams guessing.

At the moment there is something missing from our play Ely, has been pretty poor with the exception of the Game during the week and I wonder if he is perhaps best kept for home games where there is more space.

Alternatively I think he suffers from the lack of a good overlapping left back. I said to my dad yesterday, the way he comes in reminds me of early Commons where we had Izzy to bomb beyond him. We need someone who can play like that outside Ely. It will also be good to get MJ back as he has that ability to beat players with pace and trickery.

If Rogic is to go, getting someone in who has that bit of magic and can create would give us a different option in games like Killie and yesterday. Not sure who right enough it might even be a veteran player, that doesn’t play or start all the time but has that bit of class to come on and change a game.

Ultimately I think we have a squad with a lot of good players but between some being out of favour and others being similar or unproven and not getting a chance we need a few additions to keep teams guessing and give them something more to think about.

12. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    100%. The two games were and felt totally different.

We could've played another 90mins and not scored against Killie. Yesterday just felt like a question of 'when', not 'if'.

People complaining about yesterday clearly didn't watch the Killie game.

13. joemc

There were 2 blatant as * decisions totally air brushed over , 1 being a clear and blatant foul on cal mac from a 2 player challenge am sure , and pulling back a free kick deep in our area ,taken quickly and put us in a good attacking position ,along wae all the other stuff mentioned .

14. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    3 points but the team look rusty still due to the 2 week break.
    I think du were a good challenge for us, pressed from the front well enough, they will do well this season.

A win and a clean sheet onwards and upwards HH

15. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    How many corners did we get?
    And all were pathetic. From delivery, starting positions to attacking the ball-and this has been an issue for years.

Big els and GuttleGob like this.
  16. GuttleGob

I actually thought Dundee United were pretty decent. They sat back, but they posed a threat when going forward.

However, what stood out was the corners. Corner after corner was wasted. For a team that will naturally get the most corners in this division, that needs sorting.

Rydo1888* and Dan Breen like this.
  17. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    You can hear Broony shouting "Odsonne! ODSONNE! * PASS IT YOU!" Just before Ajeti scores :56:

Artorias likes this.
  18. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    I’ve said it before on here, I don’t understand why we don’t employ a “play” coach. Similar to what is done in American football and basketball where specific, choreographed routines are planned out and executed. Ok not all set pieces would result in a goal but at least it’s better than punting the ball in hoping fir the best.
    A carefully organised block, run or diversion is something we should be utilising.
    Could be the difference in stuffy games and in Europe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan Breen likes this.
  19. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    That's hilarious hahahaha.