1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Tierney

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 1, 2015.

Discuss Kieran Tierney in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    He’s an Arsenal player now isn’t it time he moved on aswell? I couldn’t really give a * how he gets on as he isn’t playing for our club anymore, it just gets a bit tiresome listening to how much he loves Celtic.

Gabriel, mayo and James like this.
  2. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    In fairness though you dont have to listen to it. It's the same as Dembele like he still mentions celtic probably just as often as Tierney does but noone moans at him. It doesnt get forced in our face unless you actively look to search his name or see how he is doing. I havent paid much attention to him since going down there, first time I'd actually watches an interview with him since he left actually was that one.

But as I said earlier because of Tierneys stance as a born and bred celtic fan he will naturally get it tighter cos he left, even though he is destined for just as big things as Dembele and should be at that level.

3. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    We cannot contain a player when they reach the standard that KT did, most clubs are selling clubs and we are no different whether we like it or not, that's just the way it is.

It's unrealistic and naive to expect otherwise, i'm gutted he left but have no bad feeling towards him, i prefer not to listen to his interviews as he's no longer a Celtic player, but i wish the guy well.

I can understand why others are * off, i get it, personally i just canny be arsed lol.

Noskeil, The_Bhoy, Rydo1888* and 4 others like this.
  4. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I’m no sure where you’re going with this?

If it’s sprayed outside his parents gaff or down the street or round the corner it’s immaterial. Arseholes done it, regardless.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  5. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He has moved on but that doesn’t mean he’s not a fan anymore.

And he doesn’t go on about Celtic any more than the likes of Mulgrew, Dembele or Wanyama do.

Even if people think he does go on too much then simply don’t listen. It’s pretty easy to avoid.

Tim-Time 1888 likes this.
  6. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony

Well that’s simply not true is it? The fact his story of the Judas incident is splashed all over the * press.

7. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    As I’ve said I couldn’t give a * what a player does once he leaves us, but the difference here is him constantly harping on about Celtic. Have you ever tried to ignore * live Nicholas or Commons? It’s pretty hard when they are constantly spouting *!

8. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    You don’t have to read it though.

If you see his name mentioned then simply don’t click on it or read it if it bothers you that much.

9. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    You said it’s pretty easy to avoid, that’s totally different from our club being splashed all over the MSM in a bad light. He is sounding as if he was dragged out of Parkhead kicking and screaming against his will, when nothing could be further from the truth he wanted out, but that doesn’t suit his wee narrative does it?

10. CountyDownFaithful

Great interview. I was really disappointed when he left but I genuinely believe he is a faithful Celtic supporter so that disappointment and anger didn't last long.

He would be welcomed back by 99% of supporters. At the end of the day he lived the dream and was an integral part of our recent success. The connection he had with the support is the best I've seen in my time.

Celtic sold him and made £25 million in the process. He has every right to go and challenge himself down South.

SuperZidane likes this.
  11. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Complete and utter pish :56:

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  12. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It is. If you don’t want to hear anything he has to say then mute everything about him on social media and if you read the press then just don’t read the stories about him.

He’s sound nothing like that at all. If you watch his interview it’s pretty clear that he wanted to challenge himself at a higher level. Just because he wanted the move doesn’t mean it wasn’t a hard decision.

13. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Well there’s an oxymoron if I ever seen one.

14. Fiferbhoy1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I'd say you've never seen one then, because that is not an oxymoron

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

16. Solidsnake

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    loved the interview. Nearly broke ma heart when he said he was scared to come to paradise. * legs or not he gave us a record transfer fee after impeccable service

17. James Gold Member Gold Member

He contradicts himself throughout as has been mentioned previously.

I hold no grudge towards and wouldn't be arsed if he came back to Parkhead I wouldn't have the balloons and banners out but I wouldn't want to give him dogs abuse either. He made a rod for his own back with the one club man stuff which maybe at the time he felt and things change I get that but it was everything else he done surrounding it as well a lot of us bought in to what was almost a false narrative. Guys like Mcgregor and Forrest are die hards as well but are not front and centre at celebrations and things like that.

I feel he needs to get over the fact he left more than we do. As I've said before running about the emirates with Celtic stitched on his boots is beyond cringe when he had the chance to be running around still in a Celtic jersey. His comment about fearing coming back is absolute pish as well when you consider some players who have returned before him

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
    Marty McFly likes this.
  18. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Who cares. Means nothing to me. Tabloids will always sensationalise and only plebs pay it any heed.
    I was gutted when he left, but he definitely had the chance to leave earlier than he did.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  19. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Arguably the strongest league in the world, a much bigger local talent pool and a massive gap in resources. It’s no surprise there’s a difference in yourh players, especially when they bring guys like Martinelli over from Brazil.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  20. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    No-one’s forcing you to.